+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying for a job (2 year contract) outside of the country (in my birth country). I am one of two candidates they are considering. If I am hired, I will need to leave by September. I will also receive an Expat salary (versus local) if I go on my Canadian passport. I know Scarborough has a backlog, so I'm worried I won't make it in time to qualify for the expat salary. Would this count towards urgent processing for the oath? So I guess I don't need the passport for my job, but it will REALLY REALLY help if I have it.
Unless you can convince IRCC that you will paying to taxes to CRA, it is highly unlikely you will be accepted for urgent processing.

Reactions: Shining Moon

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your advice. Currently in IP, test is scheduled for April 25th. Perhaps I can ask the test centre if that qualifies when I go there? I also don't want it to look like I was just waiting for citizenship to go, having said that I have lived in Canada for 10 years now. It just so happened that this situation just came up and it's a great opportunity to work at a MNC.
You must be very careful in choosing your words when talking to officer. He/she shouldn't have feeling that you are interested to get Canadian passport for a kob outside Canada and you might not be paying taxes.

Reactions: Shining Moon

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I just received my 2nd GCMS notes, and it's the same as the last one. I ordered another one and hopefully something happens. I think Ottawa IRCC is till working on the last batch of applicants. :confused:

cdnfullmoon

Sep 29, 2013
I called CIC today to ask if they could give me an update on my husband's Application. I got a very accommodating representative who confirmed that his file is IP at the Scarborough office and that the criminality and another check have been done. She also confirmed that he does not have to write the Citizenship Test. So, I am hoping he will receive his interview date soon.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
I just received my 2nd GCMS notes, and it's the same as the last one. I ordered another one and hopefully something happens. I think Ottawa IRCC is till working on the last batch of applicants. :confused:
My 2 cents.. you will get test invite letter before your 3rd GCMS notes.. ;)