+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

cohen

Nov 15, 2016
81 days from IP no test invite still.
Yes that is long time really, and it is so unjust that people applied after you receive test invitation as invitation is part of the processing steps and it has nothing to do with each individual case.... but you can see some other applicants have been over 130 days since IP status received and they did not receive test invitation yet !!! it is obviously related to the mod of the immigration officer to invite someone after couple days ...or 200 days, since total processing time is 12 months no one can blame them.

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Yes that is long time really, and it is so unjust that people applied after you receive test invitation as invitation is part of the processing steps and it has nothing to do with each individual case.... but you can see some other applicants have been over 130 days since IP status received and they did not receive test invitation yet !!! it is obviously related to the mod of the immigration officer to invite someone after couple days ...or 200 days, since total processing time is 12 months no one can blame them.
Regardless they can increase the number of officers and expand the test center since they know that they have many applications

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Regardless they can increase the number of officers and expand the test center since they know that they have many applications
It doesn't make sense to me to increase and train people to process applications, and I'd think there has to be some specialized training to know what to look for, only to have to lay those people off when the short term rush ends. As long as they are meeting their time commitment, all is well.

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
It doesn't make sense to me to increase and train people to process applications, and I'd think there has to be some specialized training to know what to look for, only to have to lay those people off when the short term rush ends. As long as they are meeting their time commitment, all is well.
True

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
They did a very good job managing the huge surge of applications, now things are just shifting back to normal. Unless you were one of the fortunate ones processed quickly, you need to be prepared to wait.

Reactions: nofrills

IceMaple

Mar 13, 2018
I applied from Brampton and showing IP since Jan . Why its so slow for Brampton? Any one else like me?
I read somewhere (not sure if it was this thread) that both Mississauga and Brampton applications are processed in Mississauga offices and if you look at the trend, applicants from Nov are frozen in time with IP since Jan / Feb and no test invites for these locations..... A friend who is applicant from Mississauga, (who is not on this list) got test invite after ...(drums rolling).......9 months of IP and that too from Scarborough office...so perhaps Mississauga offices is totally flooded with a huge number of applicants...just my two cents

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys- I know we all are getting frustrated and this thread seems to be a nice place to vent...But try and be practical and positive. I am a Mississauga applicant and a common rant in this thread is about how very few Mississauga applicants have received test invite.

I would ask you guys to not just check out the Nov application spreadsheet, but also the October month to get an indication on how the time of processing has been lengthening. Reset your expectations accordingly.

For instance- the last couple of Mississauga applicants in Oct went for about 120 days+ to move from In Process to Test Invite.

Let's try and keep the venting posts to a minimum- and keep this thread with updates about actual info.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could someone enlighten how is the oath info passed on after DM?
Especially Calgary applications?
Thanks in advance.
You should receive a letter with all the information or an email... sometimes it has happened that an applicant only had eCas updated with Oath information.

Reactions: Balboul

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
How did you know that they moved your application to DM? Do they send a letter or email? or you just need to keep checking ecas?
Mine I just check on ecas. It showed DM. The day after my test. No email or mail received. The officer told us on the interview we will just wait 3 months for Oath ceremony.

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
Hey guys,

I hope you are doing well and not withering away too much in the wait here.

I just got this ecas update:

We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I am honestly expecting an RQ (or some versions of it) because I don't think the name of the applicant is common nor that CIC would be interested in the fingerprint of a minor.

I am trying to stay positive here but most likely, this application will become non-routine.

We will see soon enough I guess.

Thanks!