+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017

74 days since IP....no test invite still. More or less same fate for almost all from Winnipeg those who are on this forum's spreadsheet.

I am wondering how many of us here.

Btw, is the spreadsheet supposed to look the way it looks now? It looks different from what I saw before.
It has only Ontario and Alberta. Or am I opening a different link?
Called CIC today. The agent kept me on hold for couple of minutes to check my file. Then she told me that 2 background checks are done and 1 is pending for me and my family. I don't know what does that mean exactly. Can any senior's in this forum shade some light?

pdrg

May 16, 2013
Very tough to tell if you qualify for an urgent processing. You can contact your MP office, explain the situation, and ask him/her to jump in and reason with the Immigration Office. Are you in IP or DM right now?
Thanks for your advice. Currently in IP, test is scheduled for April 25th. Perhaps I can ask the test centre if that qualifies when I go there? I also don't want it to look like I was just waiting for citizenship to go, having said that I have lived in Canada for 10 years now. It just so happened that this situation just came up and it's a great opportunity to work at a MNC.

Rid879

Jun 16, 2017
Called CIC today. The agent kept me on hold for couple of minutes to check my file. Then she told me that 2 background checks are done and 1 is pending for me and my family. I don't know what does that mean exactly. Can any senior's in this forum shade some light?
What number did you call

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Congratulations! We almost have the same timeline but we don't have oath invite yet. How did you get your Oath invitation? Mail or email?
Vancouver applicants are lucky. Pretty fast!. There were 4 of them getting their Oath this month and next month. I wish Edmonton would be the same.

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Thanks for your advice. Currently in IP, test is scheduled for April 25th. Perhaps I can ask the test centre if that qualifies when I go there? I also don't want it to look like I was just waiting for citizenship to go, having said that I have lived in Canada for 10 years now. It just so happened that this situation just came up and it's a great opportunity to work at a MNC.
I guess the Conservatives managed to make all immigrants feel guilty and suspicious if they want to relocate somewhere after getting their citizenship. This is all crap. Over 10 years you contributed more than enough and you have EVERY single right to live and work wherever you want. Canada isn't a prison and you aren't taken as a hostage by anyone. I think you will get your citizenship before September if everything goes well. I am just back from my test. When you do the test, they will ask you are traveling soon and when you plan to travel. If yes, they will expedite the oath ceremony for you.

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Hello forum,

Just back for the citizenship test. I passed the test 19/20. It was pretty easy. The test and interview took me 30 minutes all together. The officer told me that everything is ok and I should expect a letter with the Oath date in 3-4 months. I hope they come back earlier than that. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balboul and Quiches

Nawazt

Oct 8, 2017
I will be greatful if someone guide me. My test is on 18th April, is it possible if i bring my new photos and request interviewing officer to replace it because i am not satisified the way i look in old photos?

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
I will be greatful if someone guide me. My test is on 18th April, is it possible if i bring my new photos and request interviewing officer to replace it because i am not satisified the way i look in old photos?
It doesn't matter man....who cares :) It's not going to be in your passport.