+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Most of Edmonton applicants (Nov) got test invitations !!! and many applicants applies on October still waiting!!! applicants whose application started to process on the last week of December and first week of january they did not receive test invitation, while many applicants their application start to process on February they received test invitation, I have no idea how IRCC process applications, TEST INVITATION has nothing to do with each individual case, it is something comes by turn.....
Calgary applicant with 2 month IP ..no test invite for now ...
Edmonton applicants are lucky

pdrg

May 16, 2013
I am applying for a job (2 year contract) outside of the country (in my birth country). I am one of two candidates they are considering. If I am hired, I will need to leave by September. I will also receive an Expat salary (versus local) if I go on my Canadian passport. I know Scarborough has a backlog, so I'm worried I won't make it in time to qualify for the expat salary. Would this count towards urgent processing for the oath? So I guess I don't need the passport for my job, but it will REALLY REALLY help if I have it.

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
I am applying for a job (2 year contract) outside of the country (in my birth country). I am one of two candidates they are considering. If I am hired, I will need to leave by September. I will also receive an Expat salary (versus local) if I go on my Canadian passport. I know Scarborough has a backlog, so I'm worried I won't make it in time to qualify for the expat salary. Would this count towards urgent processing for the oath? So I guess I don't need the passport for my job, but it will REALLY REALLY help if I have it.
Very tough to tell if you qualify for an urgent processing. You can contact your MP office, explain the situation, and ask him/her to jump in and reason with the Immigration Office. Are you in IP or DM right now?

Reactions: edmonds

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Hi everyone,
I applied in Vancouver. Here is my timeline...

App. received : Nov 3, 2017
Aor : Dec 19, 2017
In process: Feb 8, 2018
Test invite : Feb 26, 2018
Test : March 28, 2018
Oat invite : April 9, 2018
Big day : May 8, 2018

Thank you everyone for posting all information, I have been in this forum since I was a worker in 2010. Now I will be a canadian soon :) cheers!!! Good luck to you all.
Congratulations! We almost have the same timeline but we don't have oath invite yet. How did you get your Oath invitation? Mail or email?

Forkbeard

Feb 26, 2013
I applied with my wife in Toronto, here is my timeline:

Application received: Oct 19, 2017
AOR: Nov 8, 2017
In process: Dec 7, 2017
Test invite: April 5, 2018
Test: April 25, 2018

So don't be discouraged if you applied before some of the folks here but everything seems to be happening a month later ... you're not alone :)

One concerning thing is that my wife got a snail mail for her invite, which says it's required to be presented at the test. However... I didn't! I had to check my application status on the CIC website. I'll call them tomorrow to sort this out, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else had this happen to them to and if it's normal when you apply together with a family member (sending the applications in the same mail).

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Hello, everyone! Congratulations to all of you, who are receiving test invites and your citizenship.

Anyone from Winnipeg? Things seem pretty slow here. My application was received on Nov 10, 2017.
AOR received on Jan 9. 2018
In process from Feb.1 2018

I am a little concerned.

Reactions: thegentleman

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied with my wife in Toronto, here is my timeline:

Application received: Oct 19, 2017
AOR: Nov 8, 2017
In process: Dec 7, 2017
Test invite: April 5, 2018
Test: April 25, 2018

So don't be discouraged if you applied before some of the folks here but everything seems to be happening a month later ... you're not alone :)

One concerning thing is that my wife got a snail mail for her invite, which says it's required to be presented at the test. However... I didn't! I had to check my application status on the CIC website. I'll call them tomorrow to sort this out, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else had this happen to them to and if it's normal when you apply together with a family member (sending the applications in the same mail).
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

Did you get test invite from Scarborough visa office?

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010

74 days since IP....no test invite still. More or less same fate for almost all from Winnipeg those who are on this forum's spreadsheet.

I am wondering how many of us here.

Btw, is the spreadsheet supposed to look the way it looks now? It looks different from what I saw before.
It has only Ontario and Alberta. Or am I opening a different link?

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Sorry, I figured out how to view the spreadsheet (found myself in it).
Just realized that I forgot to inform about my IP date. It is February 1 (2018).

Reactions: thegentleman

wpg5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017

74 days since IP....no test invite still. More or less same fate for almost all from Winnipeg those who are on this forum's spreadsheet.

I am wondering how many of us here.

Btw, is the spreadsheet supposed to look the way it looks now? It looks different from what I saw before.
It has only Ontario and Alberta. Or am I opening a different link?
Hi same here ip since jan 26 , no update till now..:(