+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

saimeet

Sep 20, 2012
Hi ajbear,

Congrats

I have my test next week in Scarborough. Thanks for the tips. Been studying hard and doing online quizzes too. Will check the link you shared.

So, I was planning to take my original docs - passport, PR card, Drivers license and

also my IELTS and Ymca English language proof as on my letter too they have said bring original docs of the copies you submitted and yes my application too

Saimeet
Hello Everyone,

I kept posting my updates on the other forum but I'll add my comments today on my process so far.

Currently, I am awaiting my Oath Letter Date and I have never been happier. Below is my experience for the Test/Interview.

My test was scheduled in Mississauga and I am from Toronto. It was at 3:45pm. I went in at 3:15pm and they basically told me to sit and wait in the waiting room until 3:45pm so going early won't really make a difference. I don't know what happens if you're late though (probably locked you out or something).

At exactly 3:45pm, they sent us to another room and basically told us to stand in a line while they check your Test Invitation paper (mainly your application ID) along with your PR Card. Once verified, I got a pencil, a multiple-choice paper and was told to sit at any available spot except next to your family member (no cheating).

Once everyone was seated, the instructor (officer) will explain how to basically fill out a multiple-choice form along with your name / ID. Then, the questions were provided and the test started (they also provide French questions if needed). We had 30 mins to finish 20 questions. I would personally say that the Test was not easy nor was it very difficult. It was in the middle so don't expect to do it without any studying. To pass, read the Study Guide and try some of the online quiz (http://www.toptipsclub.com/Canadian_Citizenship_Test_Index.asp) which was really helpful. The officer also clearly mentioned that you should not share or discuss any of the questions given to anyone once you have finished the Test (sadly I won't be sharing any today).

Once I completed the test (took me like 10 mins :)), I handed back the questions along with my multiple-choice paper, then they gave me a paper to read/sign. I was told to wait in the waiting room until everyone completed the Test and your name was called. When everyone was finish writing the Test, I think they called us based on who ever finished first (so they didn't really took long to call me).

This was the weird part since the Test Invite told me to grab a ton of documents (my entire application, my passport, ID, etc.), however, when I was called to meet the officer, the officer basically told me that I passed (19/20 :(), congratulated me and simply ask for my ID (Driver's License, PR Card and Health Card), my test invite and the paper given after the test with my signature. No other documents were needed :rolleyes:. I then got a second piece of paper to sign, the officer asked a few simple questions and that was it!

Finally, the officer also told me to wait until I get the Oath letter which will have the date for the Oath Ceremony. Apparently, the oath date is mostly set based on your application ID and I was either in the 60,000 or 600,000 so the officer said it might be a while (maybe a month or 2).

I told the officer that I was also planning to travel soon and the officer gave me two options. Either reschedule the Ceremony now or wait until you get the Oath Letter and then do the rescheduled based on how close it is to your travel time. The reason is because once you do the Oath Ceremony, they will take away your PR card and give you a Citizenship Certificate. Because of this, you may not have enough time to get a Passport and the Citizenship Certificate is not a valid travel document to enter back into Canada? Anyways, after all of that, I simply left and that was the end of the Test process!

The entire process took about 1hr starting from 3:45 although if I recall, they said you will be there for 3-4hrs? I guess it depends on how fast you finish the test.

Well, I wish everyone the best on their application/test, study hard and you'll do great :D

Thanks!

Saskgirl2017

Nov 6, 2017
No , there is a reason , which explained above also
reason could be like ..

- Name mismatch in all documents submitted like
- Name change during any time
- Criminal record found while doing name based search or similar sounding name

Thanks
the name mismatch point is valid. i received FP request yesterday and while i do not have a criminal record, i have a name mismatch.
my expired passport has all my names as my last name which is corrected in my current valid passport

Last edited:

Saskgirl2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi Saskgirl, where did u get ur finger prints done from ? Im in Regina and got the FP request as well.

Thanks
I am in Saskatoon and got it done at the Saskatoon Police.

Commissionaires is another option ( i was told it was by appointment so i went to the police). The prints were then sent to RCMP Ottawa who will check prints and forward reaults to IRCC.

Paid $35 for the FP

Reactions: HeroMember

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hi ajbear,

Congrats

I have my test next week in Scarborough. Thanks for the tips. Been studying hard and doing online quizzes too. Will check the link you shared.

So, I was planning to take my original docs - passport, PR card, Drivers license and

also my IELTS and Ymca English language proof as on my letter too they have said bring original docs of the copies you submitted and yes my application too

Saimeet
Honestly, I don't know. I've read other responses here where they do check the documents so the safest thing to do is to take it. I basically just printed out copies of my entire application/english test and brought it with me but as I said, they only ask for my ID :rolleyes:.

Good luck on your test :)

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
hello

test interview was yesterday
application changed to DECISION MADE today

pls update

thanks

Reactions: thegentleman

arise

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
15-12-2011
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
13-04-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-07-2013, Received on 15-08-2013, in process 30/10/2013
Passport Req..
(new born medical + RPRF + Passport request) all received on 5-11-2013, Decision made on 25/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
04/12/2013
LANDED..........
14/1/2014
I see my ECAS get updated with a test invitation.

We sent you a notice on March 15, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 19, 2018 at 1:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Admin, please update the tracker.

Arise

Reactions: thegentleman

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For the record, my fingerprint results were posted back by RCMP to IRCC within 24 hours of the capture at DriverCheck, Kitchener on 28th February.

No communication from IRCC since then and no ECAS update.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
I see my ECAS get updated with a test invitation.

We sent you a notice on March 15, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 19, 2018 at 1:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Admin, please update the tracker.

Arise
Congratulations, updated the sheet