Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I believe you are the right person who can answer my query
I have same situation , I am expecting test invite any day (as my eCAS showing IP from 14th of Feb), I will not be in Canada for 4 weeks,
I informed to CIC by filing web form.

Hope they will consider my request and will not set any date during that time frame (during my vacation period)

Is this same you did or you called them and informed? Please suggest Thanks
If you informed them already it should be fine. However, even if they do set a test date while you are away, just keep checking the ECAS, and if they have set a test date, message them again using the web form and they will reschedule it.

I got mine rescheduled after receiving the test date. Make sure you have your travel tickets etc for proof.

Reactions: CEC_1304

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I think you ll just have to wait like the rest of us till November. And u can be happy if the process finishes earlier. Don’t dream on, you ll be disappointed. Nothing we can do to make them process our applications faster. There are a lot of us. Numberless. They just bumping out, add me to sheet,add me to sheet. Reality is your best option!!!
Dear madam-m

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I do not mind waiting but some people's circumstances change. Nonetheless, you will find me, if you dig deeper, very grounded to reality. There are ways to get it done faster, trust me on that, but I don't wanna lie just to get ahead in line as its my principle. People bumping out, yes, when job is done no one cares I guess. I am just trying to see if there's an appeal process without putting anyone in inconvenience.

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
DM to Oath time for Scarborough is averaging around 6-8 months at the moment. Only way to appeal for an earlier date is to request for urgent processing, but you need a valid reason like a serious emergency that absolutely requires you to have a Canadian passport.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Apply for a job yes, rest all negative.

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Many Edmonton applicants who gave test in January are waiting for DM still.

Even places where they are getting test Invites, DM and Oaths are taking long time due to Background checks backlog.

CSIS seems to be overwhelmed by the requests.
Very true, that's what I heard and its country specific and if you have a rare name, it helps.

IshaKush

Dec 30, 2015
If you informed them already it should be fine. However, even if they do set a test date while you are away, just keep checking the ECAS, and if they have set a test date, message them again using the web form and they will reschedule it.

I got mine rescheduled after receiving the test date. Make sure you have your travel tickets etc for proof.
How long was the delay with the rescheduling?

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I kept posting my updates on the other forum but I'll add my comments today on my process so far.

Currently, I am awaiting my Oath Letter Date and I have never been happier. Below is my experience for the Test/Interview.

My test was scheduled in Mississauga and I am from Toronto. It was at 3:45pm. I went in at 3:15pm and they basically told me to sit and wait in the waiting room until 3:45pm so going early won't really make a difference. I don't know what happens if you're late though (probably locked you out or something).

At exactly 3:45pm, they sent us to another room and basically told us to stand in a line while they check your Test Invitation paper (mainly your application ID) along with your PR Card. Once verified, I got a pencil, a multiple-choice paper and was told to sit at any available spot except next to your family member (no cheating).

Once everyone was seated, the instructor (officer) will explain how to basically fill out a multiple-choice form along with your name / ID. Then, the questions were provided and the test started (they also provide French questions if needed). We had 30 mins to finish 20 questions. I would personally say that the Test was not easy nor was it very difficult. It was in the middle so don't expect to do it without any studying. To pass, read the Study Guide and try some of the online quiz (http://www.toptipsclub.com/Canadian_Citizenship_Test_Index.asp) which was really helpful. The officer also clearly mentioned that you should not share or discuss any of the questions given to anyone once you have finished the Test (sadly I won't be sharing any today).

Once I completed the test (took me like 10 mins :)), I handed back the questions along with my multiple-choice paper, then they gave me a paper to read/sign. I was told to wait in the waiting room until everyone completed the Test and your name was called. When everyone was finish writing the Test, I think they called us based on who ever finished first (so they didn't really took long to call me).

This was the weird part since the Test Invite told me to grab a ton of documents (my entire application, my passport, ID, etc.), however, when I was called to meet the officer, the officer basically told me that I passed (19/20 :(), congratulated me and simply ask for my ID (Driver's License, PR Card and Health Card), my test invite and the paper given after the test with my signature. No other documents were needed :rolleyes:. I then got a second piece of paper to sign, the officer asked a few simple questions and that was it!

Finally, the officer also told me to wait until I get the Oath letter which will have the date for the Oath Ceremony. Apparently, the oath date is mostly set based on your application ID and I was either in the 60,000 or 600,000 so the officer said it might be a while (maybe a month or 2).

I told the officer that I was also planning to travel soon and the officer gave me two options. Either reschedule the Ceremony now or wait until you get the Oath Letter and then do the rescheduled based on how close it is to your travel time. The reason is because once you do the Oath Ceremony, they will take away your PR card and give you a Citizenship Certificate. Because of this, you may not have enough time to get a Passport and the Citizenship Certificate is not a valid travel document to enter back into Canada? Anyways, after all of that, I simply left and that was the end of the Test process!

The entire process took about 1hr starting from 3:45 although if I recall, they said you will be there for 3-4hrs? I guess it depends on how fast you finish the test.

Well, I wish everyone the best on their application/test, study hard and you'll do great :D

Thanks!
This is the type of quality content that we need! Thanks mate!!!:D:D:D

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But it comes upto 0 days when I try to put it -
that is the period before comming to canada (as well as before comming to canada).

secondly, the physical presence cacluator clearly says '' date you entered canada '' and the date you left canada.
There is no significance of absence from Canada before becoming PR in terms of Physical Presence.