+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks meayman. I did updated the info using web form. AFAIK, I don't think I mentioned any other address than my Canadian address in my citizenship application. so just curious to know if this is something common or am I the only one with this issue.
It's a common problem. I had that issue too, home address was up to date, but mailing address was from PR days. Not a big deal, you can easily submit a request on ECAS (not webform) to change it. Note, if your home and mailing addresses are the same, the mailing address will dissapear from ECAS after the update takes effect.

Alternatively, I believe it will automatically change to the correct mailing address once your applicaiton starts processing, even if you don't request them to change it now. But better to do it. Took 48 hours in my case for it to update.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
It's a common problem. I had that issue too, home address was up to date, but mailing address was from PR days. Not a big deal, you can easily submit a request on ECAS (not webform) to change it. Note, if your home and mailing addresses are the same, the mailing address will dissapear from ECAS after the update takes effect.

Alternatively, I believe it will automatically change to the correct mailing address once your applicaiton starts processing, even if you don't request them to change it now. But better to do it. Took 48 hours in my case for it to update.
Thanks razerblade.

How do I submit a request on ECAS? I only see a link on my ECAS which says "To change the mailing address, contact us" and that link takes me to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html and I used the web form on that page to update the address. There is a option that says "change your address" on the above link, are you referring to that one?

amerabouissa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hi everyone.

I still can’t access my application online. It’s been 4days since I got the AOR email. Is this normal?

Another question. My PR card is expiring by the end of June 2018. Does anyone know how long is the renewal process In case the citizenship application didn’t finish by then?

Thanks for your input

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks razerblade.

How do I submit a request on ECAS? I only see a link on my ECAS which says "To change the mailing address, contact us" and that link takes me to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html and I used the web form on that page to update the address. There is a option that says "change your address" on the above link, are you referring to that one?
Login to ecas using this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

Once logged in, it will show both your home and mailing addresses. I believe underneath the mailing address there's a link "Update this mailing address", clicking on which should redirect you to a form. You will need to provide both home and mailing addresses again, and then submit.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Login to ecas using this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

Once logged in, it will show both your home and mailing addresses. I believe underneath the mailing address there's a link "Update this mailing address", clicking on which should redirect you to a form. You will need to provide both home and mailing addresses again, and then submit.
Thanks razerblade. clicking on update mailing address took me to the link which mentioned in my previous post and there i found two options to update address. one pointing to web form and other pointing to a form which you mentioned. I have updated both. I hope that would be ok.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
It seems that some mid November people are getting AOR , thats good sign
just few moments ago oct 23rd guy or gal got AOR..so dont give up just yet. If the app is not returned - there is hope...

Deva

Jan 14, 2014
: 1547.5
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 17, 2018.
Hi, can you please provide your complete information? so I can add you to the December sheet? Did you apply for urgent processing?

App sent:
App Received:
Physical presence:

Hi.

No its a normal processing.

App Sent: 29 November
App Received: 1 December
Physical presence: 1547.5
AOR: 17January

Reactions: Kan_Sri