+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Finally, an IRCC agent who has some sense. Thanks for sharing.

I would also like to add that if you kept a copy of your mailed application (which everyone should), you can go over it and have someone else also go over it to make sure you didn't miss anything. If everything is complete, there is no reason for your application to be returned.

That's how I found hope. My AOR was a few weeks later than expected.
Infact, the agent lady told me that if they were to return my application they would have done it already after opening it. But, being a call center agent, she is not at liberty to confirm anything on behalf of the processing center. So, even if very very slim, chances are there that application may get returned at this point of time.

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hello Admin,

Please add my details to the tracker. Thank you

User name: Big Boy
App. Sent: Nov. 6
App. Delivered: Nov. 8
City: Brampton
Applicant: Single
AOR: Still waiting

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Infact, the agent lady told me that if they were to return my application they would have done it already after opening it. But, being a call center agent, she is not at liberty to confirm anything on behalf of the processing center. So, even if very very slim, chances are there that application may get returned at this point of time.
This seems to somewhat confirm the theory that there are two steps that happen at CPC-Sydney. Step 1: Application package is opened and reviewed for completeness. Step 2: it's queued for data entry into GCMS which generates the AOR email. Till step 2 happens, call center agents won't have any information on your file. This explains how so many applications were returned within 2 weeks of delivery for being incomplete.

Bottom line, we do not know the internal workings of IRCC, and can only hope for the best. Keeping a copy of our application is the best way to be hopeful that application will not be returned.

Reactions: nofrills

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
This seems to somewhat confirm the theory that there are two steps that happen at CPC-Sydney. Step 1: Application package is opened and reviewed for completeness. Step 2: it's queued for data entry into GCMS which generates the AOR email. Till step 2 happens, call center agents won't have any information on your file. This explains how so many applications were returned within 2 weeks of delivery for being incomplete.

Bottom line, we do not know the internal workings of IRCC, and can only hope for the best. Keeping a copy of our application is the best way to be hopeful that application will not be returned.
That seems right Razerblade. The way she told me to hold for 2 minutes and found out my apps., it seems that apps. are opened and queued for data entry. Also, the way call center agents check status of apps. is more or less similar we applicants checks on www.Canada.ca. As such, they won't have any info. on our files till they are entered into GCMS.

Reactions: razerblade

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
I have called the call center today and did managed to talk to an agent after holding the line for 35 minutes. She could find out our applications (3) by our UIC no. and told me that they were opened but not yet entered into the system. Most likely they will not be returned (not confirmed by the agent though) but AOR may come anytime between today to next 4 - 6 weeks because of large number of applications. My application was received on 17th Nov. Hope this info will help to reduce the stress a bit.
Thank you for sharing this. It does help to know what's going on. My app. Was also delivered on Nov. 17

Reactions: dutts

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Thank you for sharing this. It does help to know what's going on. My app. Was also delivered on Nov. 17
You are welcome. The whole process is indeed stressful but no point in bringing in unnecessary stress at this stage. I am happy that my application is not getting returned (95% sure) at this point of time.

MBVIVI

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
You are welcome. The whole process is indeed stressful but no point in bringing in unnecessary stress at this stage. I am happy that my application is not getting returned (95% sure) at this point of time.
As long as the app is complete and wont be returned, I don't mind to wait. anyway, this is a long processing.

Reactions: woodworker

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi Admin,

Just received AOR for all family members. Please update row 175.

AOR - 8th January

Thanks.

Reactions: thegentleman

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I have called the call center today and did managed to talk to an agent after holding the line for 35 minutes. She could find out our applications (3) by our UIC no. and told me that they were opened but not yet entered into the system. Most likely they will not be returned (not confirmed by the agent though) but AOR may come anytime between today to next 4 - 6 weeks because of large number of applications. My application was received on 17th Nov. Hope this info will help to reduce the stress a bit.
Thanks for sharing info , and it gives little bit inside picture of IRCC working

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
My Application status changed to inprocess Jan 07.
Congrats!! Good to see that the pink column has started to get filled up for Nov applicants. So the theory of 2-3 weeks min to IP might be true. Nonetheless, positive sign to see a busy office like Brampton (assuming) moving forward. Can you please confirm the office assigned if it has been assigned. Thnx.

kain

Jan 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2013
AOR Received.
02-August-2013
File Transfer...