+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
From OCT spread sheet i calculated average from the AOR to Test date it is 2.5 -3 month (For November applicant this can be different because of increase of application )

Good luck and Thanks

before 3 weeks to get AOR but now around 6 weeks.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
before 3 weeks to get AOR but now around 6 weeks.
I mentioned about Test date after getting AOR , not Test date email.
Also there is no such formula, it is average which I mentioned

Thanks

freebird1977

Feb 1, 2014
Man O’ man.. waiting is so hard, every morning, i think today i will get AOR and another day goesby without it... app delivered on 2nd nov.
I am in the same boat. App delivered on Nov 2 but no AOR so far. Wonder how many Nov first week applications are waiting for AOR.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Even some October applicants still waiting for AOR and IP. Weird how it works....

Somehow Calgary ones are faster in general...

Jan 8, 2018
Hi everyone, so i sent my file at Nov/10 and they received at Nov/15 with signature.
Today i talk with the live agent (because i'm going for vacation away for a month so just called to just make sure)
As per our conversation the agent told me that she can't find my file even i provided my Track number on Canada Post.
She put me on hold for about 5 min and tell me that she can't find my file. She said "maybe your file is incomplete so
they may returned it to you"(for the best of my knowledge i don't think i miss anything because i always go thru my checklist)

Agent "did you received anything mail back from us"?
Me" nothing"
Agent "so maybe your file is lost, i suggest you send us a new application"
Me "I can send you guys a new application however if the file was something incomplete what's the point i send it again"

is anyone up here facing the same situation or similar scenario?

Thanks

Cookiespuppy

Nov 26, 2017
Hi everyone, so i sent my file at Nov/10 and they received at Nov/15 with signature.
Today i talk with the live agent (because i'm going for vacation away for a month so just called to just make sure)
As per our conversation the agent told me that she can't find my file even i provided my Track number on Canada Post.
She put me on hold for about 5 min and tell me that she can't find my file. She said "maybe your file is incomplete so
they may returned it to you"(for the best of my knowledge i don't think i miss anything because i always go thru my checklist)

Me" nothing"
Me "I can send you guys a new application however if the file was something incomplete what's the point i send it again"

Thanks
I wouldn't send another application, l think its way too early if recieved November 15, l think they are still processing both November and October applicants l wouldn't panic at this moment they can only find applicants in the system that they provided AORs just my opinion not an expert just a mere applicant like you but just giving my opinion.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Application sent: October 26, 2017
Application Delivered: November 1, 2017
AOR: December 18, 2018
Family of 4

Question: If you received you AOR, does this means they already screened your documents submitted and only wait for the citizenship test?

Good luck to everyone. ;-)
Added. AOR means your application was complete, meaning no unanswered questions, no missing documents. Eligibility, background, criminality etc checks will be done next and can go on till after the test. Next step is usually the test for routine applications. You could get a Finger print request, and/or other questionnaires, but nothing to worry about right now.

Reactions: tikya

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Me" nothing"

Thanks
Please refrain from calling the call center till you get AOR. They will not have any information in their system because your data hasn't been entered into GCMS. This has been discussed at length in the October sheet, and led to a lot of confusion and panic. Applicants ended up submitting multiple applications, only to get AOR for their first one. October applicants are still getting AOR, 3 months later. Nothing to worry about.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
whose is signings for yours application whens postal services delivering the packages? mines was Ryan.
Hello, there is no connection between AOR being delayed vs. who signed for your application. October applicants went through this conspiracy theory as well.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Looking at other threads, "In Process" now-a-days not only means your application is sent to local office, it also means your application may also be picked for a (supposedly) "random pre-test audit" right there in Sydney.....more and more case are getting it now.
IRCC probably randomly picks a fixed percentage of applicants from the pool for a Quality Assurance Questionaire. It's just that because so many people applied in October, the number of people getting QA-RQ "seems" high, but is actually the same percentage.