+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

LAURA lARRAD

Apr 12, 2011
Hi,

Please, can the administrator add us to the spreadsheet?

Application sent: Friday November 3, 2017 (Purolator)
Application received: Monday November 6
Application type: Family (4, two adults and two children: 15 and 9 years old)
Physical presence: 1533 days and 1474 days
AOR: Not yet

Solangio

Nov 8, 2017

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Please add -

Application Sent: Oct 30
Received : Nov 2
Application Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence : 1359 Days
AOR : Not Yet

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Thank you million times! ;)
Or you can do like me, click yes but write an explanation letter that this form is not applicable to you. And that was based on the cic call center guy's recommendation. It's up to you

Reactions: Solangio

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Or you can do like me, click yes but write an explanation letter that this form is not applicable to you. And that was based on the cic call center guy's recommendation. It's up to you
This seems like the better approach.

Checking "no" probably works but if the applicant lived abroad at all during the preceding five years, "no" is contrary to the facts. Any suggestion to respond contrary to the facts always makes me wince. Even if reporting indicates there is no problem.

Hopefully this will be one of the items fixed in a new version of the application . . . coming soon?????

Reactions: mosaab and Solangio

kwoo

May 10, 2017
Hi there,

Pls kindly add me in the list.

App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,293
App Sent: Nov 2, 2017
App Recd: Nov 6, 2017

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi,

I would be applying for my Citizenship this month, am just waiting for my police clearance from my home country. Aside from the required documents in the document checklist.
Did any of you include employment letter, proof of physical address e.g rental agreement etc... The reason am asking is some of the these questions were asked in the Form CIT002, that is to give more details in the form. Do i need to include these to backup my application. thanks

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I will be applying for citizenship too by end of the month, waiting for my police clearance.

I feel (others can comment) - if you include Driving license for "PhotoCopy of Personal Identification" - it covers the "address proof" aspect of your question.

For employment, there is an option to click in CIT002 for providing CIC "consent" to contact and procure information from CRA reg taxes directly. Also, they are asking to provide reference(contact) information for all employment held. Hence i do not think Employment letter is required.
Hi,

I would be applying for my Citizenship this month, am just waiting for my police clearance from my home country. Aside from the required documents in the document checklist.
Did any of you include employment letter, proof of physical address e.g rental agreement etc... The reason am asking is some of the these questions were asked in the Form CIT002, that is to give more details in the form. Do i need to include these to backup my application. thanks

Last edited:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
According to the check list - you fill Residence Outside of Canada form (CIT 0177) only in the following condition. If that does apply to you i feel you do not have to fill CIT 0177.

Quote from Instruction guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#Step4

There are very rare circumstances that will let you count time outside of Canada towards your physical presence calculation. If you resided outside of Canada because either:

• you
  • your Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse or common law partner
  • permanent resident parent
was employed outside Canada (not as a locally engaged person) in or with:

• the Canadian Armed Forces
  • the federal public administration
  • the public service of a province or territory
Complete the Residence Outside of Canada form (CIT 0177) and submit any supporting documents requested in that form with your application.
This seems like the better approach.

Checking "no" probably works but if the applicant lived abroad at all during the preceding five years, "no" is contrary to the facts. Any suggestion to respond contrary to the facts always makes me wince. Even if reporting indicates there is no problem.

Hopefully this will be one of the items fixed in a new version of the application . . . coming soon?????

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Folks, assuming M KRSWDA(he signed ours as received) is correct person to receive applications...here is our detail:

App Sent: Nov 6th, 2017
App Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence : 1202 Days
App Received : Nov 9th, 2017 Sign by M KRSWDA
AOR : Not Yet