Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Got a quick question for you guys with regards to the Application form. Do we have to fill the Residence Outside Canada form (CIT 0177), if the travel was for a duration of a week or so?

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

My Application was delivered on November 9 and haven't received AOR and my Application was NOT returned to me. Normally if there is any errors in the application how many days it will take CIC to return the Application? Since it is 1 month my Application got delivered and not returned to me, does it mean that everything is good and I may get my AOR in a week or two or does it mean that they haven't opened my Application yet?

Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello Guys,

My Application was delivered on November 9 and haven't received AOR and my Application was NOT returned to me. Normally if there is any errors in the application how many days it will take CIC to return the Application? Since it is 1 month my Application got delivered and not returned to me, does it mean that everything is good and I may get my AOR in a week or two or does it mean that they haven't opened my Application yet?

Thanks
What you're asking is all guess work. Nobody knows.

Only fact remains is that till you get AOR, your application has the potential of being returned. I would just assume that they haven't opened it yet.

If you made a copy of your application before mailing it, I would recommend to review it a few times. Maybe have a second pair of eyes go over it. If you don't find anything missing, then you have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: jithucan123

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Hello Guys,

Thanks
There was a forum member who received the AOR but his application was sent back to him. There’s no guarantee.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Got a quick question for you guys with regards to the Application form. Do we have to fill the Residence Outside Canada form (CIT 0177), if the travel was for a duration of a week or so?
I would say, that you should answer NO and not fill the CIT 0177 if your trip was only a visit (You only need to fill out the CIT 0177 form if you are a Crown Servant or a Crown Servant Family member; see HELP next to question 9c). Having been only a week, it would seem as though it was only a visit and you did not LIVE outside Canada. Either way, the question is worded incorrectly by CIC which is giving alot of people headaches. Please make sure you have this trip on your Physical Presence Calculator form if it fell within your eligibility period (5 years before the day you apply for citizenship).

Last edited:
Reactions: watthell86

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
There was a forum member who received the AOR but his application was sent back to him. There’s no guarantee.
That’s what is really worrying me. I’m an October applicant with AOR about 3 weeks ago. It is not in process yet. So nothing is guaranteed until it is in process I guess. :(

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
What you're asking is all guess work. Nobody knows.

Only fact remains is that till you get AOR, your application has the potential of being returned. I would just assume that they haven't opened it yet.

If you made a copy of your application before mailing it, I would recommend to review it a few times. Maybe have a second pair of eyes go over it. If you don't find anything missing, then you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
That’s what is really worrying me. I’m an October applicant with AOR about 3 weeks ago. It is not in process yet. So nothing is guaranteed until it is in process I guess. :(
Don't worry friend... it won't make your IP come faster. Let's just wait patiently. No need to fret about it, does not help.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Don't worry friend... it won't make your AOR come faster. Let's just wait patiently. No need to fret about it, does not help.
Thank you. I have received AOR 3 weeks ago. I heard someone with AOR got their application back. Their status never changed to in process and they just got back their application. My status is not in process and that’s worrying me. That’s all. I will stay positive or at least try to be. :rolleyes:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you. I have received AOR 3 weeks ago. I heard someone with AOR got their application back. Their status never changed to in process and they just got back their application. My status is not in process and that’s worrying me. That’s all. I will stay positive or at least try to be. :rolleyes:
The person who got their application back should have never received AOR because the dates on his/her form didn't match between the main application form and the calculator. IRCC has zero tolerance when it comes to dates and signatures. Perhaps, some inexperienced officer made the error in sending AOR and they only discovered it later.

As I mentioned earlier, if you kept a copy of your mailed application, simply review it and see if you have made any of the mistakes that lead to applications being returned. If not, then you have nothing to worry about.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
The person who got their application back should have never received AOR because the dates on his/her form didn't match between the main application form and the calculator. IRCC has zero tolerance when it comes to dates and signatures. Perhaps, some inexperienced officer made the error in sending AOR and they only discovered it later.

As I mentioned earlier, if you kept a copy of your mailed application, simply review it and see if you have made any of the mistakes that lead to applications being returned. If not, then you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Last edited: