+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Wait a second - 5 years? There is definitely more to the story than just a five year hold up ... what are the specifics?
I don't think they meant that the person waited for 5 years, but that their situation happened 5 years ago.

I also thought at first that it was a 5-year delay, lol.

Reactions: nofrills

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Hi All,
I am a Mississauga applicant and my application went into IP since Jan 9th.
No news after that.
I called CIC and they said that the time schedule is 12 months and it may go till next Jan too.So wait.
Is there anyone who is Mississauga applicant ,IP since January and still not received test invitation?

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Wait a second - 5 years? There is definitely more to the story than just a five year hold up ... what are the specifics?
I meant, It happened to my dad 5 years ago, wherein his application took more than the normal processing time.

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
I have completed the citizenship test today, i scored 20/20. Please update the spreadsheet.

Thank you

Zacks

Sep 18, 2017
Toronto
Hi All,
No news after that.
I called CIC and they said that the time schedule is 12 months and it may go till next Jan too.So wait.
Is there anyone who is Mississauga applicant ,IP since January and still not received test invitation?
Look in to the spread sheet. Many of us are in the same situation. Believe 100% at Missisauga office

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Look in to the spread sheet. Many of us are in the same situation. Believe 100% at Missisauga office
True that! I think its a GTA story. Most populous province with resources not matching to it. I had hopes in summertime/1st July mass ceremonies like the one they had in Oct 2017. But alas. Even if we go by the iceberg principle, I don't think that the forum represents 10% of the applicants. So there are tons of fiels and best bet is to have the test, clear it, have a RQ free DM status and long hibernating wait. As per the sheet, many Oct GTA applicants are scheduled for oath after 1st July, meaning even the mass ceremonies are booked. Oct sheet is still half done for GTA, then will come the tsunami of Nov applicants. Happy for whoever is done with the wait, for rest of us, lets get a natural tan and enjoy the summer.

Reactions: Zacks

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi All,
No news after that.
I have the same situation and I also call them, got same answer as You

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Test done! wait for Oath invite begins.

Ppl in Ottawa are nice! the whole process went for 1 hr or so. I got to wait in the waiting area for 15 mins or so. Then I got your answer sheet with my application number on it. then asked to fill out the Name/Surname sign it and date it. Wait in the exam hall is about 10-15 mins for everyone to assemble & then for instructions to be read out in english and then in french. The question papers are provided and clock starts ticking for 30 mins.

My questions were fairly straightforward and once i completed and double checked i handed it in and we were asked to wait in the waiting area for 15 or so minutes(felt a lot longer). They usually call the names of people who they are ready for interview. The officer(was very nice) looked at passport, asked me few questions and asked me to sign the paper saying what all i said was true. I was out of there in 10 mins tops.

The interview place looked like a visa counter(at consulates) which i found a bit weird but who cares. All done!! and the wait game begins.

I was told the wait time to receive the oath invite is 4-6 weeks. fingers crossed!

Good Luck everyone...
DM today!! Thanks guys for all your wishes!

i have my fingers crossed for the oath invite!

vanbandit

Jun 22, 2018
Ive been lurking on this site for a while, here are my details so please add to spreadsheet:

Single applicant
Application sent Nov 2
App received Nov 3
AOR 15 Dec
IP: 23 Jan
Test Notification: 15 Feb
Test / Interview Date: 15 Mar (passed)
City : Vancouver

Still awaiting DM, they told me during the interview it could be 5 months but usually much faster