+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
All you hear from them is the processing with take 12 months. Nothing you can do speed up your application.
Thanks, how about if they tell you that your application has been completed with the background check. Do you know what does that mean? Thanks

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello,

Any one knows what does background check completed when you call the CIC, does that mean getting a test date might be soon? thanks

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Thanks, how about if they tell you that your application has been completed with the background check. Do you know what does that mean? Thanks
There are many checks done on each applicant and background check is one of them. If all is well then just wait for the test invite.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
There are many checks done on each applicant and background check is one of them. If all is well then just wait for the test invite.
Thanks very much for your help, and do you know how long does it take to get a test date scheduled?

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Thanks very much for your help, and do you know how long does it take to get a test date scheduled?

Just refer to the applicant spreadsheet to see the estimates when to expect the next step but it varies depending to each applicant and the office processing your application.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Test taken at Surrey center 8:30 this morning. 19/20 on the test, and was the first one in my group of around 30 to complete, so first for my interview. Quick 5 minutes, checked passport stamps to the absence calendar (I offered him the translations which he made a copy of and also mentioned my Dominican trip in Feb), and ID, which I gave him both my PR Card and my DL because one has my maiden and the other my married name. I had everything else with me but that was all that my particular officer checked. Said he had gone over my application and it looks good so I should get my oath invitation within the next month or 2. Now to just wait for the last step of this process =]

Reactions: akitanatural

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Has anyone from Saskatchewan got oath invitation yet?

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
One applicant from September received invite yesterday and oath in July 5.
Woah! What a misery! Thanks for quick response

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
My mom's application is going on 1 year in Nov, and haven't heard from the IRCC yet since Feb 14 when they began processing it, the office in charge of her app is Surrey. Hope she becomes Canadian soon and doesn't experience like what my dad did where his app gone past the standard processing time 5 years ago at the same office.

elemtlqc

Jun 21, 2018
Hi guys, first of all thanks for all the tips you are giving during our process...

I did the test the 27th of april, during the interview (last less than 5 mins) all went good and the officer told me that they would call me (contacting me through the same way they used for the test invitation)
in 3-4 months for the oath.

Now my question is, is it normal that my status is still In Process (after almost 2 months) and not DM yet? thanks

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
If you look at the recent percentage changes for Sep-Nov, nothing is moving. I expect that this will slow down further through the summer/vacation months. Happy for those that made the first cut, so frustrating for the rest of us.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Test done! wait for Oath invite begins.

Ppl in Ottawa are nice! the whole process went for 1 hr or so. I got to wait in the waiting area for 15 mins or so. Then I got your answer sheet with my application number on it. then asked to fill out the Name/Surname sign it and date it. Wait in the exam hall is about 10-15 mins for everyone to assemble & then for instructions to be read out in english and then in french. The question papers are provided and clock starts ticking for 30 mins.

My questions were fairly straightforward and once i completed and double checked i handed it in and we were asked to wait in the waiting area for 15 or so minutes(felt a lot longer). They usually call the names of people who they are ready for interview. The officer(was very nice) looked at passport, asked me few questions and asked me to sign the paper saying what all i said was true. I was out of there in 10 mins tops.

The interview place looked like a visa counter(at consulates) which i found a bit weird but who cares. All done!! and the wait game begins.

I was told the wait time to receive the oath invite is 4-6 weeks. fingers crossed!

Good Luck everyone...

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
My mom's application is going on 1 year in Nov, and haven't heard from the IRCC yet since Feb 14 when they began processing it, the office in charge of her app is Surrey. Hope she becomes Canadian soon and doesn't experience like what my dad did where his app gone past the standard processing time 5 years ago at the same office.
Wait a second - 5 years? There is definitely more to the story than just a five year hold up ... what are the specifics?