+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
I love you, egghead.

You express the levels of frustration precisely and succinctly.

Why IRCC can't communicate more progress lines/updates via their eCAS system so that applicants can at least see that SOMETHING is happening on their individual file, is beyond me. No doubt they all have the latest computers and plenty of in-house IT assistance to help them.

Anyhow, the purported "security clearance" hold-up for certain applicants whose files ought, one would've thought, to have been straight-shots & slam-dunks is an intriguing aspect at the moment.

When one sees other applicants' files progressing smoothly through the process, particularly applicants at the same processing office as one's own file, and whose Delivered & AOR & IP dates are AFTER one's own, one does begin to wonder what "security clearance" is code for...
IRCC is not any different than the other governmental departments here in Canada. Very bureaucratic, inefficient, low quality service, expensive, and fearless of accountability bcs there is none.

Reactions: nofrills

pdrg

May 16, 2013
I am a Toronto applicant from around mid-November, but have been lucky to have very quick processing given my location. Based on my estimate, I will receive my oath taking for the end of July or August. I am booked to go on holiday from August 10-22. Is there any way I can inform IRCC so that they do not book my oath on those dates.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
IRCC is not any different than the other governmental departments here in Canada. Very bureaucratic, inefficient, low quality service, expensive, and fearless of accountability bcs there is none.

Agree, accountability in the public service seems to only come from a crisis (major incident which sparks outrage and all of the obvious need for change is suddenly understood) or when there is a mandate with a new government, but even this usually is short term.

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Agree, accountability in the public service seems to only come from a crisis (major incident which sparks outrage and all of the obvious need for change is suddenly understood) or when there is a mandate with a new government, but even this usually is short term.
Well this is because they have no competition. You can't choose to go to anyone else for this business. ;)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I am a Toronto applicant from around mid-November, but have been lucky to have very quick processing given my location. Based on my estimate, I will receive my oath taking for the end of July or August. I am booked to go on holiday from August 10-22. Is there any way I can inform IRCC so that they do not book my oath on those dates.
Either use the webform to notify them (on CIC website),
Or
Call
the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays).

bold9k

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF, Biodata - Jan 2nd 2014
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents - Score 8.5
Med's Request
02-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014 - Medicals sent 14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 11th 2014
This whole process has become a joke at this point in time - I've been here for almost 15 years. Once you're a permanent resident and you 've met your Physical presence you should be able to talk into Service Ontario and get your dam Citizenship.

If you've already gone through the grueling process of getting your Permanent Residency in the first place why than do we have to wait another 12 months for the Citizenship process. I get that awarding citizenship is a privilege and not a right but for someone who's been here for over 14 years, went to school here, works here, been paying my fair share of pretty Hefty taxes while being a productive member of society without any criminal activities - why it's taking this long is baffling.

We are already god dam permanent residents - all the information that CIC needs is already there. This wait time is absolutely unnecessary, bureaucratic.

braindead

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Kitchener, ON
This whole process has become a joke at this point in time - I've been here for almost 15 years. Once you're a permanent resident and you 've met your Physical presence you should be able to talk into Service Ontario and get your dam Citizenship.

If you've already gone through the grueling process of getting your Permanent Residency in the first place why than do we have to wait another 12 months for the Citizenship process. I get that awarding citizenship is a privilege and not a right but for someone who's been here for over 14 years, went to school here, works here, been paying my fair share of pretty Hefty taxes while being a productive member of society without any criminal activities - why it's taking this long is baffling.

We are already god dam permanent residents - all the information that CIC needs is already there. This wait time is absolutely unnecessary, bureaucratic.
Couldn't agree more. My application has been in process since January 18th, 2018 [Kitchener office]. I just called IRCC and was told to wait patiently for the test invite (they said it "usually" comes via email). Really hope it comes soon :(

Last edited:

tapatiano

Jan 11, 2018
Hello,
Today. online. my status appeared as "Decision made".
Can you please update my info. I also sent this a few days ago but the spreadsheet hasn't been updated:

Hello everyone, can someone please update my info:
Original test invite: April 9 (I asked for a re-schedule since i was gonna be out of the country in April 27)
Original test date: April 27
Re-scheduled test invite: May 17
Re-scheduled test date: June 11.
I successfully took the test yesterday with a 20 out of 20 score :) now just waiting for "decision made" news.
Regards and good luck to all,

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

Hang on a minute - how would they be able to charge $500 if it was that simple? ;-)

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

I totally agree I been waiting for 6 months after DM for Oath Invite while everyone else who applied months after is get Oath Invite or done with their process.

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011

If Canadians inherited anything from the Brits, it is the British bureaucracy....it's an addiction.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Today. online. my status appeared as "Decision made".
Can you please update my info. I also sent this a few days ago but the spreadsheet hasn't been updated:

Hello everyone, can someone please update my info:
Original test invite: April 9 (I asked for a re-schedule since i was gonna be out of the country in April 27)
Original test date: April 27
Re-scheduled test invite: May 17
Re-scheduled test date: June 11.
I successfully took the test yesterday with a 20 out of 20 score :) now just waiting for "decision made" news.
Regards and good luck to all,
Updated