Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2013
LANDED..........
13-01-2014
I got a letter today asking for my wife's fingerprints . It was dated March 1, 2018. Please update the excel sheet

Reactions: thegentleman

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

Please add my info to spreadsheet

App type : Single
Physical Presence Days : 1196
App Sent : Nov 21, 2017
App Delivered : Nov 24, 2017
AOR : Jan 19, 2018
In Process ecas : Feb 6, 2018

Expecting the test invitation by this month...hopefully.

Thanks.
Added you to spreadsheet

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
I Passed the exam and interview. The officer told me they will do background check (RCMP) once they receive it, they will schedule me for oath.
CPC: Scarborough :(

Does anyone knows how long it takes between test and Oath in Scarborough?
Like forever. They have dumped all the GTA applications on Scarborough. One of my friends gave his test on 20th Dec, still no oath. But his name was wrong on PR card, had travelled to and stayed in middle east etc etc so tons of issues on his end. So its case by case. But look at trackers from previous months and get a guesstimate and brace for another wait. I am going to the same center, so not too happy.

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I am out of canada in my home country to deal with a family situation. I can't be back into Canada at least for few months. I received a test invite for March 22 which I want to postpone. Does any one know how far in the future I can push it? Ideally would like to push it ahead at least 6 months or so. Is it possible?

Also is it possible to minimize duration between test and oath so that I don't have to travel twice?
If I was you, I will write the test and not postpone if situation permits to avoid RQ or any other delays. For oath, either call your MP office or leave and postpone your oath for as long, this way you will be safe application wise. But still, if your situation permits. Else contact the office at the email provided and ask them how further away you can push. I don't see a reason why not. Its just no show or no reply that they deem the application as withdrawn.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Guys,which website is good for test preparation, I m in Saskatchewan Regina,kindly please guide me, thanks
The citizenship guide (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html) to study the material -- listen or read the guide a few times. Then use something like http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm to check that you've absorbed the material, and to get a feel for the type of questions you'll get on the citizenship test.

The questions on the practice tests are different from the ones on the citizenship test, so using the practice tests to learn seems risky (in that you may miss bits that are in the guide, but not in the practice tests).

There are some other posts on this site that list more practice sites. I don't recommend spending money on any, though. The free ones seem good enough.

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
As one of the members pointed out, it would be great if people who have already appeared for their test post some questions such as whether specific years are asked in the test and Canadian achievers and achievements along with the year etc. Thanks in advance.

CricDominion

Jan 20, 2018
Hi admin,

Can you please update the status of application from AOR to In Process. It was updated on CIC website on February 15th but I was foolishly waiting for an email till I checked the status of my application on CIC.

Mine is in November 2017 spreadsheet (line290)
CricDominion
Fort McMurray
Family (5)
App Sent: Nov 15, 2017
App Received: Nov 22, 2017
AOR: Jan 19, 2018
IP: Feb 15, 2018

Seems I have to check CIC daily for latest update.

And one question: The description of In Process still shows the knowledge/language requirement for 14-64 years. Is there any change in the recent law or they haven't changed it yet?

Reactions: thegentleman

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi admin,

Can you please update the status of application from AOR to In Process. It was updated on CIC website on February 15th but I was foolishly waiting for an email till I checked the status of my application on CIC.

Mine is in November 2017 spreadsheet (line290)
CricDominion
Fort McMurray
Family (5)
App Sent: Nov 15, 2017
App Received: Nov 22, 2017
AOR: Jan 19, 2018
IP: Feb 15, 2018

Seems I have to check CIC daily for latest update.

And one question: The description of In Process still shows the knowledge/language requirement for 14-64 years. Is there any change in the recent law or they haven't changed it yet?
Updated! That description is old. Applicants between the ages of 18-54 at the time of application will need to appear for a test. Everyone else is exempted from the test. Everyone (except minors) would need to appear for an interview however (in majority of the cases).