+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

MoAnwar7

Nov 25, 2016
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
I Passed the exam and interview. The officer told me they will do background check (RCMP) once they receive it, they will schedule me for oath.
CPC: Scarborough :(

Does anyone knows how long it takes between test and Oath in Scarborough?

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Helloooooo guys

Sorry I've been so MIA... these are my times for the spreadsheet

App. Mailed: November 3, 2017
App. Delivered : November 8, 2017
Application Received (AOR) : December 21, 2017
In Process : January 27, 2018
Test Invite: February 12, 2018
Test Setting Date: February 28, 2018 (all good :) 20 of 20)
Decision Made: --
Oath: --

You’re from Montreal, right? What time was your exam? I was scheduled on the same day as well but due to the protest, test for 8:15 and 10:15 were cancelled.

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Hello everyone. My app is "In Process" since Feb28th, just checked now. I am a 2nd JAN 2018 applicant

I recently changed address(within town) and wondering when should I update it in ecas. Should it be after changing in all other places like CRA, License, health card etc, as they all could be sharing the info with CIC or vice versa?
Or
since the current address they have is good too, as my rest of the family members are still there, can I leave it as is?

In either case, how much impact will an address have on the processing itself.

VanDel

Jan 17, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 7, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
I Passed the exam and interview. The officer told me they will do background check (RCMP) once they receive it, they will schedule me for oath.
CPC: Scarborough :(

Does anyone knows how long it takes between test and Oath in Scarborough?
Hmm... I thought receiving the test invite already meant that the background check is done, or atleast be done by the time you go take the test.
Do we have any case here where the decision was made on the same day as the test? Just wondering what the steps are after someone pass their test?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hmm... I thought receiving the test invite already meant that the background check is done, or atleast be done by the time you go take the test.
Do we have any case here where the decision was made on the same day as the test? Just wondering what the steps are after someone pass their test?
Nope, as mentioned earlier, receiving test invitation does not necessarily mean background checks are done. They may not even have started until after the test. Some get their test invites first, while others get their background checks done first. Test and background checks could also go on in parallel.

VanDel

Jan 17, 2018
Nope, as mentioned earlier, receiving test invitation does not necessarily mean background checks are done. They may not even have started until after the test. Some get their test invites first, while others get their background checks done first. Test and background checks could also go on in parallel.
Thank you for the info :)

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I am out of canada in my home country to deal with a family situation. I can't be back into Canada at least for few months. I received a test invite for March 22 which I want to postpone. Does any one know how far in the future I can push it? Ideally would like to push it ahead at least 6 months or so. Is it possible?

Also is it possible to minimize duration between test and oath so that I don't have to travel twice?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@rdecartus:

Does any one know how far in the future I can push it? Ideally would like to push it ahead at least 6 months or so. Is it possible?
~You can delay it as much as you can/desire for one year. Beyond which you'd be asked to withdraw your application.

Also is it possible to minimize duration between test and oath so that I don't have to travel twice?
~That is not in our hands, however no harm in requesting.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Thanks for detail reply.

I have one Q "Other applicants who received FP also suggested that online upload (directly from RCMP to CIC) is "available now"."
So you are saying you did not received this option ? to upload RCMP result online ?

So you mean they will give one Option where RCMP directly can upload result to CIC , without any physical paper work ? that's great option but why not all applicant getting that option?

Yes, that gentleman was right I remember when i did finger print (during my PR process time) I sent result to CIC by my own so that I can able to track it.
i am not sure if online upload option is "available". That is why i said "other applicants" on this forum have "suggested that is there". Someone who has uploaded the result electronically from RCMP to CIC can comment on this.

I have done other checks for security clearance and job related. They are sent electronically to the requesting agency - they need a specific code in the request letter( which i did not see on the CIC letter). If the specific code is available then RCMP can directly send the results to that organization.

Hope this helps.

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
Looks like people are getting test invites but at a slower pace - looks like we will hit 90% IP soon

joel1984

Mar 6, 2018
Hello there,

Please add my info to spreadsheet

App type : Single
Physical Presence Days : 1196
App Sent : Nov 21, 2017
App Delivered : Nov 24, 2017
AOR : Jan 19, 2018
In Process ecas : Feb 6, 2018

Expecting the test invitation by this month...hopefully.

Thanks.

Reactions: thegentleman