+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,

I have few questions regarding citizenship application, it would be of great help if someone answer them.
1) I will complete condition of 1095 days on Aug 10 2018, should I wait until Aug 10 or can I submit my application earlier like in July?
2) I am graduate of Canadian University, do I still need to write IELTS? all of my education was in English
3) I only need Canadian police certificate, how long it takes to get it? and do I need to send it along with my application upfront?

Thanks a lot,
1) Cannot submit your application before you accumulate 1095 days. You have to have 1095 days (and meet all other eligibility criteria) a day before you sign the application. So earliest, submit on the 1096 days. I would recommend a 2-3 week or more buffer incase you forget accounting for some vacation trips
2) You can use your official transcripts, degree/diploma. No IELTS required
3) Canadian PCC is not required. They do their own checks

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
For an adult applicant (18-54 years of age),

AOR -> In process -> Test invite -> Decision Made -> Oath invite

For non routine applications, one could get an RQ (residence questionnaire) at any time during the process, before the oath invite.
So I am in process now.. then test- interview- Oath

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
that is what I meant
I want to see my ECAS
I just use my UCI, name, country of birth to log in to see my ECAS. There's no registration...

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I just use my UCI, name, country of birth to log in to see my ECAS. There's no registration...
Did you recieve your AOR yet? If so, when? I don't have access to the spreadsheet to check at the moment.

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
My passport expires in June and I can't renew it in Canada since our embassy in Ottawa doesn't even have a passport making machine (yeah...I'm from a shithole country). Is this enough to request urgent processing? Or will they just tell me to go renew it while it is valid. The reason why I don't wanna do it it that I have to take time off, fly to NYC and get a hotel for 3-4 days. That's not cheap!
I don't wanna risk not having a valid passport for months because my entire family is back home and you never know.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My passport expires in June and I can't renew it in Canada since our embassy in Ottawa doesn't even have a passport making machine (yeah...I'm from a shithole country). Is this enough to request urgent processing? Or will they just tell me to go renew it while it is valid. The reason why I don't wanna do it it that I have to take time off, fly to NYC and get a hotel for 3-4 days. That's not cheap!
I don't wanna risk not having a valid passport for months because my entire family is back home and you never know.
That's not a valid reason, unless you need the passport to visit a critically ailing relative.And you'll need to submit proof.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
That's not a valid reason, unless you need the passport to visit a critically ailing relative.And you'll need to submit proof.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will have to wait and see. If I get a test date by May, it should be fine.

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
My opinion would be to buy a hair wig. You can easily remove it , incase officer fails to recognise you. Once process is completed you can go ahead with surgery etc.
Hahahaaha, I am so sorry if you were being sincere. I am browsing this at a Starbucks and laughing so incredibly hard right now that people here are weirded out.

Last edited: