+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
guys!! after having Canadian passport and the passport that we already have from our backhome, so if a person owns two nationalities. which passport do we have to use for travelling back home?, canadian one or the old country one? please advice and also guide if you know after oath ceremony how to apply for passport and what documents or checklist is required for passport

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
Good evening All,
I just received my citizenship after 21 months
Here is the summary of the event for my citizenship process
I sent my citizenship application on November 2017
Started the process on January 2018
Did not hear anything from IRCC entire 2018 after that

Waited till 2019 March and there were still no update( I have completed web form and called IRCC call center many times in the meantime - the answer was everything was fine and my security background check was in process)

March 2019 visited my local MP and got an answer I should hear something by end of April 2019

Didn’t hear anything called my MP and called call centre to follow up
Agents were telling me there is nothing confirming what my MP told me (get a response by end of the April)- My MP forwarded the email from IRCC - there was a note from the office in the bottom of the email stating I should hear something by en of the April
Anyway I was back in to the same BS agents were telling me to WAIT

My MPs office told to wait 3 months this time no exact time was given

I started to call call centre and checking my status online every 2 weeks

By the first week of June I was told by the call centre agent that my test date has been confirmed but i have to wait for the official notice - no email was received

Called them again a week after and agent told me my notice was mailed and test appointment is confirmed I should attend to the test even I don’t receive the notice for the test invite ( she gave me all the detAils of the test on the phone location time etc) and I was also told that my file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough office - online status was updated as well
a few days after-this I received my official notice in the mail eventhough I asked to be notified via email and I received my first correspondence via email too
all of a sudden IRCC decided to send the test invite via regular mail- I don’t know what happened and why they decided to switch this

It took 21 months applied with my wife she has been citizen since September 2018 and I just got it my citizenship
Waited another month between my test and the oath ceremony
This form was very helpful when I was stressed about my Application
I hope this post will be a RELIEF for some of you

Thanks

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
Finally after 2 years I got Oath ceremony email. Thank you everyone. More than happy I am just relieved. 2 years is hell of a long time to get citizenship.. Anyways thank you everyone for help! Oath ceremony date is October 18th 2019

JFYI spouse already became a citizen in november 2018 (last year). we applied together

seyed javad

Dec 21, 2015
Finally after 2 years I got Oath ceremony email. Thank you everyone. More than happy I am just relieved. 2 years is hell of a long time to get citizenship.. Anyways thank you everyone for help! Oath ceremony date is October 18th 2019

JFYI spouse already became a citizen in november 2018 (last year). we applied together
CONGRATULATIONS, i hope all will get same news

M.M.

Apr 23, 2019
I applied for citizenship in Dec 2017, after i called them cause the test was late for one year, i received the test in Dec 2018, they told me i might get the Oath within a month, but i did’t receive it that fast.
I called them many times and told an MP to talk on my behalf but didn’t receive the Oath except after 2 years since i applied on november 2019.
In the Oath they told us we cannot apply for the passport before 2 business days (for example if u got the Oath on Tuesday you cannot apply before Friday), but i saw the word complete in my file which meant i was able to go to apply for a passport before the 2 business days.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Today i became a Canadian. Below is my timeline:

App Sent: Nov 17, 2017
App Recd: Nov 21, 2017
AOR: Jan 11, 2018
In process: Jan 24, 2018
Test invite: Aug 29, 2018
Test: Sep 20, 2018 (at Scarborough)
Decision made: Sep 22, 2018
Oath invite: Oct 30, 2018
Oath date: Nov 13, 2018 (at Mississauga)

Patience is a virtue. All’s well in the end, if its not well, its not the end.
Today i became a Canadian. Below is my timeline:

App Sent: Nov 17, 2017
App Recd: Nov 21, 2017
AOR: Jan 11, 2018
In process: Jan 24, 2018
Test invite: Aug 29, 2018
Test: Sep 20, 2018 (at Scarborough)
Decision made: Sep 22, 2018
Oath invite: Oct 30, 2018
Oath date: Nov 13, 2018 (at Mississauga)

Patience is a virtue. All’s well in the end, if its not well, its not the end.
Hey @margocan,

I have a question that you might be able answer accurately: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/are-north-york-or-etobicoke-cities.744682/

So in short: What goes in the City/Town box, if one resides in Etobicoke? Considering Etobicoke is not really a City, but Toronto is. How did you answer this?

Thanks a lot!