+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

CitizenCA

Jun 20, 2015
Hello everyone, just a quick question, in my ecas there are two sides (Sponsorship Application & Permanent Residence Application) both are showing In Process, my timeline is as below:

Sponsorship Application:

1- Application received on December 9th, 2016.
2- AOR sent on December 21st, 2016.

Permanent Residence Application:

2- We started processing application on December 20th, 2016.

My understanding is that the PR application starts after approving me as sponsor, am i right? It doesn't mention anything stating that I've been approved. Does anyone have any idea whether they've changed the procedure of processing the applications??

Thanks

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
CitizenCA said:
Hello everyone, just a quick question, in my ecas there are two sides (Sponsorship Application & Permanent Residence Application) both are showing In Process, my timeline is as below:

Sponsorship Application:

2- AOR sent on December 21st, 2016.

Permanent Residence Application:

2- We started processing application on December 20th, 2016.

My understanding is that the PR application starts after approving me as sponsor, am i right? It doesn't mention anything stating that I've been approved. Does anyone have any idea whether they've changed the procedure of processing the applications??

Thanks
I noticed a lot of people have two sides on their ecas- one for sponsorship and one for PA. i only have 1 side for PA. could this be a cause for concern.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
prvc said:
No. :) If you are accessing ECAS using your information, you'd only see yours. But if you use the Sponsor's info, you'd see two sides. Give it a try. :)
Great thank you, it worked.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
I am full of questions these days.

Sow hen filing my taxes for 2016 next year, how am i suppose to file them; as a married person (although my husband isn't here in Canada) or as a single person.

I would hate to owe the government money for filling it wrong. i tend to file my own taxes.

CitizenCA

Jun 20, 2015
prvc said:
Your SA email might be on the way. You can call them to be sure. I'm 99.9% sure you've already been approved as sponsor, though. :D Because they won't start processing the PA's app unless you've been approved.

Btw, how do you receive correspondence from them? E-mail or mail? :)

Mail

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Kitoko90 said:
I noticed a lot of people have two sides on their ecas- one for sponsorship and one for PA. i only have 1 side for PA. could this be a cause for concern.

the only diffrence if you log in ecase with sponsor datat will show both sides sa and pa if use data of applicant will show you applicant only
please note
to see both sides use
Sponsor UCI number
Application number
Fees Receipt number

with data of sponsor only

for PA only use :
PA UCI number
application number
fees receipt number

with data of applicant

the uci of sponsor and applicant are not the same plus you can not use sponsor uci with pa name or vice versa

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
Kitoko90 said:
I am full of questions these days.

Sow hen filing my taxes for 2016 next year, how am i suppose to file them; as a married person (although my husband isn't here in Canada) or as a single person.

I would hate to owe the government money for filling it wrong. i tend to file my own taxes.
My husband is not in the country either, but I still file my taxes as married. I send my completed tax forms by mail to the CRA and I include a handwritten letter explaining why I cannot provide any information for my husband (such as his SIN or income information) and the whole situation (such as that his immigration is in process right now) and that is just fine for them. :) Good luck!

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
Khaledious said:
Hey Everybody!, I need to vent, I thought I'd do it here, since we all share a common situation. Seriously this process feels so inhumane, people get angry when they contact their ISPs and get an automated reply.. Well CIC is literally directly responsible for when you can resume your life with your spouse. And I just can't contact them, the Emails I keep sending, in yield no replies.. I've been trying to link my Application to my CiC account for the last 3 weeks, I have two accounts, so that means I get 10 tries per day. I go their and I try all the different combos people suggested, all caps, leaving out the city of birth.. etc. Nothing works. I've probably tried like 30 combos, and just nothing. And right now the status of the application is processing so it should be in the system, but I can't see any details. I've emailed them a week ago and now again about this, and no reply. It's really a shame that even ISP companies are held to higher standards than CIC tech wise and "customer service" wise, I just want to know what is currently happening in regards to my application. I really didn't want to leave my wife behind, i tried applying for a visitor visa before I left, but obviously it was rejected, Since she had no solid proof she will come back, and since my word as a citizen means nothing. I needed to leave because I had to come back to Canada and Job Hunt (I became completely broke). I tried to speak with a counselor at the Canadian embassy in Cairo, and after busing for around 3 hours, he wouldn't even see me, just because a visa issue was a part of the issue I was going to speak about, I just wanted advice, because my whole wife's family lives in Saudi Arabia, and I wasn't just going to leave her all alone in Egypt, especially now since it's in a state of economic and political collapse, So I sent her back to her family in Saudi. What does it even mean to be Canadian, when your counselor wouldn't even see you. If it was a busy office with people whom had graver issues I would understand. But their were only like 6 other people in the office, and after 3 hours in the scorching sun, he wouldn't even see me for 5 min, and I had to ride all the way back having accomplished nothing. Sorry I went off but I feel truly helpless, and to the person above whom now needs to submit more info, which means at least another month or two have been added on to his processing, I'm really sorry. That's honestly so terrible. I don't know why the process has to be like this. I don't understand how a company can sponsor a worker faster than someone can bring my spouse. I've been in a state of depression ever since I left, I don't know how everybody else feels. But this really sucks. Sorry I had to vent. Good luck to all of you, and may god speed up the process for all of us.
Although I am not exactly sure how I can help you with your situation, I can tell you that I can relate, and I can feel your pain. In 2015 (after almost 4 years of fighting here in Canada), I went to my husband's country (Reunion Island). After staying there for a while, I had to come back to Canada, because I too became completely broke and unable to survive in a country that was not my own. Leaving my husband behind was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my whole life. I miss him every single day, and I believe that he should be able to be here with me while this process is ongoing. As Canadians, we should be allowed to have our spouses with us in our own country. Unfortunately, people who fake marriages and try to fool the government are the ones who have ruined it for us all.

Keep fighting, never ever give up on your situation and I promise you...it will get resolved somehow. My husband and I had to hire an immigration lawyer to help us and pay 1000's of dollars for her knowledge and expertise because we could not get any information from the Canadian government on how to proceed with our case. We were separated for a year and had to save up all this money by working very hard before we could even hire a lawyer to help us. Now we have everything on track, but it was a very long path that we had to take to get there. That is why I say to you, DO NOT give up. Do whatever you have to do no matter how long it takes, it will be worth it in the end.

I wish you and your wife all the best of luck, and you will be in my prayers! Take care!

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
carriedomitin said:
Although I am not exactly sure how I can help you with your situation, I can tell you that I can relate, and I can feel your pain. In 2015 (after almost 4 years of fighting here in Canada), I went to my husband's country (Reunion Island). After staying there for a while, I had to come back to Canada, because I too became completely broke and unable to survive in a country that was not my own. Leaving my husband behind was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my whole life. I miss him every single day, and I believe that he should be able to be here with me while this process is ongoing. As Canadians, we should be allowed to have our spouses with us in our own country. Unfortunately, people who fake marriages and try to fool the government are the ones who have ruined it for us all.

Keep fighting, never ever give up on your situation and I promise you...it will get resolved somehow. My husband and I had to hire an immigration lawyer to help us and pay 1000's of dollars for her knowledge and expertise because we could not get any information from the Canadian government on how to proceed with our case. We were separated for a year and had to save up all this money by working very hard before we could even hire a lawyer to help us. Now we have everything on track, but it was a very long path that we had to take to get there. That is why I say to you, DO NOT give up. Do whatever you have to do no matter how long it takes, it will be worth it in the end.

I wish you and your wife all the best of luck, and you will be in my prayers! Take care!

Wow, that sounds really rough, but I'm glad it worked out for you guys! I wish you and your family eternal happiness :D, thank you for your support, you made my day better, thank you!

ROgrady

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-16-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
We just received a letter from immigration that says a refund in the amount of $150 has been initiated. I am not sure why this would be. Unless possibly we overpaid or has something to do with my daughter. She is not 19 years old yet so we had to add her to the application and paperwork; however, we stated she will not be moving to Canada with me. Anyone have this experience with getting a refund?

English-zid-lgoudam

Nov 7, 2016
outside, but on earth !
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
17/11/2016 and SA 25/11/16 Elhamdoulillah
File Transfer...
25/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016 (passed)
Interview........
Not Needed...
Passport Req..
DM: 09/02/2017 PPR: 13/02/2017. Thanks God for your goodness
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2017
LANDED..........
landed hamdoulilah
ROgrady said:
We just received a letter from immigration that says a refund in the amount of $150 has been initiated. I am not sure why this would be. Unless possibly we overpaid or has something to do with my daughter. She is not 19 years old yet so we had to add her to the application and paperwork; however, we stated she will not be moving to Canada with me. Anyone have this experience with getting a refund?
CHRISTMAS GIFT ;D

English-zid-lgoudam

Nov 7, 2016
outside, but on earth !
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016 (passed)
Interview........
Not Needed...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2017
LANDED..........
landed hamdoulilah
Khaledious said:
Hey Everybody!, I need to vent, I thought I'd do it here, since we all share a common situation. Seriously this process feels so inhumane, people get angry when they contact their ISPs and get an automated reply.. Well CIC is literally directly responsible for when you can resume your life with your spouse. And I just can't contact them, the Emails I keep sending, in yield no replies.. I've been trying to link my Application to my CiC account for the last 3 weeks, I have two accounts, so that means I get 10 tries per day. I go their and I try all the different combos people suggested, all caps, leaving out the city of birth.. etc. Nothing works. I've probably tried like 30 combos, and just nothing. And right now the status of the application is processing so it should be in the system, but I can't see any details. I've emailed them a week ago and now again about this, and no reply. It's really a shame that even ISP companies are held to higher standards than CIC tech wise and "customer service" wise, I just want to know what is currently happening in regards to my application. I really didn't want to leave my wife behind, i tried applying for a visitor visa before I left, but obviously it was rejected, Since she had no solid proof she will come back, and since my word as a citizen means nothing. I needed to leave because I had to come back to Canada and Job Hunt (I became completely broke). I tried to speak with a counselor at the Canadian embassy in Cairo, and after busing for around 3 hours, he wouldn't even see me, just because a visa issue was a part of the issue I was going to speak about, I just wanted advice, because my whole wife's family lives in Saudi Arabia, and I wasn't just going to leave her all alone in Egypt, especially now since it's in a state of economic and political collapse, So I sent her back to her family in Saudi. What does it even mean to be Canadian, when your counselor wouldn't even see you. If it was a busy office with people whom had graver issues I would understand. But their were only like 6 other people in the office, and after 3 hours in the scorching sun, he wouldn't even see me for 5 min, and I had to ride all the way back having accomplished nothing. Sorry I went off but I feel truly helpless, and to the person above whom now needs to submit more info, which means at least another month or two have been added on to his processing, I'm really sorry. That's honestly so terrible. I don't know why the process has to be like this. I don't understand how a company can sponsor a worker faster than someone can bring my spouse. I've been in a state of depression ever since I left, I don't know how everybody else feels. But this really sucks. Sorry I had to vent. Good luck to all of you, and may god speed up the process for all of us.
hi, I can comment all day!... but I prefer to tell you to see and read down my profile about my motto ... you will understand everything, because it summarizes all my comments... :)

ROgrady

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-16-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
English-zid-lgoudam said:
CHRISTMAS GIFT ;D
Wouldn't mind that but am worried about it because that would be the amount for daughter's application fee.

English-zid-lgoudam

Nov 7, 2016
outside, but on earth !
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016 (passed)
Interview........
Not Needed...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2017
LANDED..........
landed hamdoulilah
ROgrady said:
Wouldn't mind that but am worried about it because that would be the amount for daughter's application fee.
why you are worried ? now, if you said that your daughter will not move to Canada, you have nothing to pay for her... we pay only for those who their application is treated for a RP which is not your daughter's case