416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Still nothing.. Still waiting for them to give my wife the go to go for her medicals.. :(

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Is it possible that they ask for interview during the BGC?
Who knows that the date of holidays for Ankara VO? When they stop to work on our applications and when they will start?

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
Delusive1 said:
Is it possible that they ask for interview during the BGC?
Who knows that the date of holidays for Ankara VO? When they stop to work on our applications and when they will start?
I'd assume the holidays end around January 2nd or 3rd.

It's frustrating waiting for the process to go through. I am accepted as a sponsor and my wife passed her medical and the background check is processing. It's been less than a month since I sent my application, I'm wondering why it's going so fast!

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
SaskinSeoul said:
I'd assume the holidays end around January 2nd or 3rd.

It's frustrating waiting for the process to go through. I am accepted as a sponsor and my wife passed her medical and the background check is processing. It's been less than a month since I sent my application, I'm wondering why it's going so fast!
Good for you, mine passed 11 days from line 3 of ECAS (VO received my app) but the BGC still is not started :(
Waiting time will kill me!! This processing time could be put many effects on our relationships! My wife can't suffer this waiting time anymore :( She got depress :( and me too.

xtreemboarder

Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Just want to get your take on this just to help me understand if I should do something about this. I understand the process varies from one VO to the next but there is no acknowledgement for our application the medicals have been received whereas most of you already show passed on the spreadsheet.

My timeline is as follows:
Medicals Done: October 10
App received: November 16.
SA and transfer to Tel Aviv VO: Dec 2
AOR 2 Email: December 12

MyCIC shows:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents [BLANK]
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started
ECAS shows:

We received FIRSTNAME LASTNAME's application for permanent residence on November 16, 2016.
We started processing FIRSTNAME LASTNAME's application on December 5, 2016.
MyCIC hasn't been touched, doesn't even show SA for which I received email. ECAS shows its processing and I even got AOR2 email from Tel Aviv VO. No mention of medicals though. Is it possible the medicals haven't been sent to them and they're just waiting? I did include the paperwork they gave us when my partner did the medical in October.

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
xtreemboarder said:
Hey guys Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Just want to get your take on this just to help me understand if I should do something about this. I understand the process varies from one VO to the next but there is no acknowledgement for our application the medicals have been received whereas most of you already show passed on the spreadsheet.

My timeline is as follows:
Medicals Done: October 10
App received: November 16.
SA and transfer to Tel Aviv VO: Dec 2
AOR 2 Email: December 12

MyCIC shows:

ECAS shows:

MyCIC hasn't been touched, doesn't even show SA for which I received email. ECAS shows its processing and I even got AOR2 email from Tel Aviv VO. No mention of medicals though. Is it possible the medicals haven't been sent to them and they're just waiting? I did include the paperwork they gave us when my partner did the medical in October.
We don't have our medical approved yet either, but I think they are doing the background check, because they asked my husband for further information in regard to his job history. I have filled out the spreadsheet, so you can see our timeline there. They probably just have not updated their systems (which from what I can see is normal). :) Hang tight, I think we will both see some updated information after the holidays! I am praying for it, anyway! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too, by the way! :)

Mojdeh.s

Dec 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/11/2016
Med's Done....
13/07/2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2017
LANDED..........
05/02/2017
HandM082516 said:
Wow you applied after me. Amazing and congrats! I wish the same luck for everyone else that is waiting :)
Thank you! Hope we all get good and fast updates one after another

Mojdeh.s

Dec 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/11/2016
Med's Done....
13/07/2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
19/01/2017
LANDED..........
05/02/2017
Delusive1 said:
Thanks dear Mojdeh. I think police certificate is valid for 6 months. Anyway you did the best job. Finally thanks for filling the spreadsheet :)

Best wishes for you and your husband.
I taught so but went to police+10 and they said it is 3 months.
Thank you

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
Delusive1 said:
Good for you, mine passed 11 days from line 3 of ECAS (VO received my app) but the BGC still is not started :(
Waiting time will kill me!! This processing time could be put many effects on our relationships! My wife can't suffer this waiting time anymore :( She got depress :( and me too.
Patience is the word here ...if you look at other threads some May applicants havent have their BC started yet..
your only waiting for 2 months and your stressing ?

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
Cool forum, I applied for my Wife on the 1st of November, Got my SA around 25 days later, ecas changed to processing on the 15th of December. I just created an account because I thought this was a cool Idea and I wanted to follow this forum,. I wanted to see people getting PR's because it would give me hope. Especially if they applied at the same time. One piece of good news is that CIC said they would process all applications received before December 7th by December of next year, so worst case scenario, we all have a max of a 11 months to go. Hopefully we all get it before then, I know how hard the wait is, and how hard it is to be separated from you other half. But Inchallah all will all be fine. Good luck to all of you! And thank you for making this forum!

xtreemboarder

Jul 2, 2015
carriedomitin said:
We don't have our medical approved yet either, but I think they are doing the background check, because they asked my husband for further information in regard to his job history. I have filled out the spreadsheet, so you can see our timeline there. They probably just have not updated their systems (which from what I can see is normal). :) Hang tight, I think we will both see some updated information after the holidays! I am praying for it, anyway! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too, by the way! :)
Lol everything was great until today. We got an email from them asking for medical to be done (we did it upfront and submitted emedical form we received that day) and also to submit a statutory declaration of common law union form. This is weird, because guide 3900 says it only applies in cases where the common law is a cosigner on the application. I am currently sponsoring my common law. I replied to ask for clarification, as much as I don't want to pay to have another document notarized I'll do it of course. Just socks that this unavoidable thing is delaying the process...

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
Hey Everybody!, I need to vent, I thought I'd do it here, since we all share a common situation. Seriously this process feels so inhumane, people get angry when they contact their ISPs and get an automated reply.. Well CIC is literally directly responsible for when you can resume your life with your spouse. And I just can't contact them, the Emails I keep sending, in yield no replies.. I've been trying to link my Application to my CiC account for the last 3 weeks, I have two accounts, so that means I get 10 tries per day. I go their and I try all the different combos people suggested, all caps, leaving out the city of birth.. etc. Nothing works. I've probably tried like 30 combos, and just nothing. And right now the status of the application is processing so it should be in the system, but I can't see any details. I've emailed them a week ago and now again about this, and no reply. It's really a shame that even ISP companies are held to higher standards than CIC tech wise and "customer service" wise, I just want to know what is currently happening in regards to my application. I really didn't want to leave my wife behind, i tried applying for a visitor visa before I left, but obviously it was rejected, Since she had no solid proof she will come back, and since my word as a citizen means nothing. I needed to leave because I had to come back to Canada and Job Hunt (I became completely broke). I tried to speak with a counselor at the Canadian embassy in Cairo, and after busing for around 3 hours, he wouldn't even see me, just because a visa issue was a part of the issue I was going to speak about, I just wanted advice, because my whole wife's family lives in Saudi Arabia, and I wasn't just going to leave her all alone in Egypt, especially now since it's in a state of economic and political collapse, So I sent her back to her family in Saudi. What does it even mean to be Canadian, when your counselor wouldn't even see you. If it was a busy office with people whom had graver issues I would understand. But their were only like 6 other people in the office, and after 3 hours in the scorching sun, he wouldn't even see me for 5 min, and I had to ride all the way back having accomplished nothing. Sorry I went off but I feel truly helpless, and to the person above whom now needs to submit more info, which means at least another month or two have been added on to his processing, I'm really sorry. That's honestly so terrible. I don't know why the process has to be like this. I don't understand how a company can sponsor a worker faster than someone can bring my spouse. I've been in a state of depression ever since I left, I don't know how everybody else feels. But this really sucks. Sorry I had to vent. Good luck to all of you, and may god speed up the process for all of us.

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Louman64 said:
Patience is the word here ...if you look at other threads some May applicants havent have their BC started yet..
your only waiting for 2 months and your stressing ?
It's because of that our life had many difficulty to being together in common life and this application for us is the final waiting time for being together so this waiting time killing us because we waited for being together for 3 years before applying for sponsorship application.

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
Delusive1 said:
It's because of that our life had many difficulty to being together in common life and this application for us is the final waiting time for being together so this waiting time killing us because we waited for being together for 3 years before applying for sponsorship application.
That's the thing, isn't it, when I told my friends the average is 12 months, they were like, well that's not too bad. But this is my wife man, I married her because I want her to be there always. If I had a choice to be apart for even a single month I wouldn't want to, let alone a whole year. I honestly think their is plenty of room for improvement here, visitor Visa's are generally processed in 2 weeks to a month. Meaning that visitors don't go through the same vigorous process as a PR which makes sense, so honestly, i think all spouses should be offered Visitor visa's after a certain point in the processing (Let's say a month in assuming the app gets an SA), and if in the Odd case that the person is a security risk, than deport them. But why should all people, why should the honest working class civilian have to wait 12 months to be with the person they chose to marry. I'm not saying my solution is an Ideal solution and to be honest I'm not familiar with the inner workings of background checks etc. But there has got to be some kind of compromise.