+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

kdays18

Oct 3, 2016
kohany said:
anyone has passed the test in montreal 16th of jan
I passed the test 16th of january but in Edmonton and its still in Process. But my husband who took the test on the same day was DM already.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
The_ottawa said:
Hi All,

So I received the finger print request today and I am a bit confused.

The letter indicates that I can get them done at the RCMP but the RCMP website does not tell you where to get them done.

If I do them at the Police station will it be delayed? They need to send them to the RCMP and after that will RCMP send them directly to CIC? The request is not very clear.

Also on the back of the letter I see that the office in Toronto send the request but I am in Ottawa and I took the test in Ottawa.

Thanks
My understanding is that you need to FP at police or private agencies who will send your fingerprints electronically to RCMP. RCMP at their turn forward the results to CIC and should you send a copy of the results. I don't know the exact process - this was how I understood it.

kdays18

Oct 3, 2016
Hi guys so today I phone the IRCC about my application since I took my test January 16 and until now its still In process the Girl that I spoke to was a lil bit grumpy I dnt know if thats the right term but she was a bit upset telling me that I passed my application last year November and why Im in a hurry for the oath taking? she said that Im still in normal processing time and I know that but my point is I phone because I wanna know if there's new information or update about my application I dnt think calling IRCC is helpful the girl said dont expect for oath taking invitation yet because they're not done with your background check thats why its still in process. And I asked her if I have to renew my PR card and she was like yah of course if you wanna go out of canada dont wait for your canadian passport because its still in process. Such a waste of time to call them if they will answer me back like that now I am more anxious and frustrated to get my oath taking invitation.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
kdays18 said:
Hi guys so today I phone the IRCC about my application since I took my test January 16 and until now its still In process the Girl that I spoke to was a lil bit grumpy I dnt know if thats the right term but she was a bit upset telling me that I passed my application last year November and why Im in a hurry for the oath taking? she said that Im still in normal processing time and I know that but my point is I phone because I wanna know if there's new information or update about my application I dnt think calling IRCC is helpful the girl said dont expect for oath taking invitation yet because they're not done with your background check thats why its still in process. And I asked her if I have to renew my PR card and she was like yah of course if you wanna go out of canada dont wait for your canadian passport because its still in process. Such a waste of time to call them if they will answer me back like that now I am more anxious and frustrated to get my oath taking invitation.
This is normal, usually they do not provide useful info through call, otherwise they will be busy with telephone.

But my point here is, Did you log your timeline in the tracking spreadsheet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0

kdays18

Oct 3, 2016
willzou said:
This is normal, usually they do not provide useful info through call, otherwise they will be busy with telephone.

But my point here is, Did you log your timeline in the tracking spreadsheet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0
Yup Im in october group

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kdays18 said:
I know sometime the agent can be harsh, even mean for some cases. But after all, they couldn't tell you more by only view your file status. The issue we have is: we really don't know how they process our cases. Are they first come first serve? Obviously no! Are there any specific facts trigger requests like finger prints or RQ? We never know, they all seems random! How many days of physical presence are safe? We never know! It is all in a black box and we can't do nothing but wait. I know you are frustrating and anxious, but they are many people wait much longer than you (I am one of them, O have waited 5 months and got only the FP request). Try to care less, I know it is hard to. Best of luck.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kdays18 said:
i actually experienced the same rudeness when I called once. and my call was not even to ask about status... I called them because i changed my address online and it has been a month and it still has not updated on ecas and i saw on ecas that a letter has been sent to me for the test. i tried to explain to the agent the situation and she cut me short, and was so rude and told me that she doesn't need to here my explanation and even explained to me that if everyone explained their situation, it would be impossible to call them due to the lengthy of calls.. I was like the effort she explained to me of not explaining, i would have been done explaining myself as well

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
kdays18 said:
Hi guys so today I phone the IRCC about my application since I took my test January 16 and until now its still In process the Girl that I spoke to was a lil bit grumpy I dnt know if thats the right term but she was a bit upset telling me that I passed my application last year November and why I'm in a hurry for the oath taking? she said that I'm still in normal processing time and I know that but my point is I phone because I wanna know if there's new information or update about my application I don't think calling IRCC is helpful the girl said don't expect for oath taking invitation yet because they're not done with your background check thats why its still in process. And I asked her if I have to renew my PR card and she was like yah of course if you wanna go out of Canada don't wait for your Canadian passport because its still in process. Such a waste of time to call them if they will answer me back like that now I am more anxious and frustrated to get my oath taking invitation.
Well, don't be frustrated. I think they really can see only what we see on ECAS. My AOR came late compared to others who had submitted around the date I had submitted and so I called them up. They told me they cannot see anything in the system and so most likely they have returned my application as there must be something incorrect with the application. So I was waiting for the application to be returned in the mail and two days later I received my AOR.

Immigrant84

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2011
Doc's Request.
All documents in order
AOR Received.
Dec 20, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 23, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 30, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 21, 2012
Hey all
Just sharing my timeline. If someone could put my stats on the sheet, it would be great.
Application: Ind
Physical days : 1482
App sent: Nov 2
App Recd: Nov 4
AOR: Nov 30
IP: Dec 09
Test Invite: 18 Jan
Interview: 10 Feb
DM: 11 Feb
Oath Letter: 13 Feb
Oath date: 28 Feb

Best wishes to everyone still in process and hope you guys get the good news soon!

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi

My experience with calling CIC is that agents know nothing...I wonder why they have this service if they only see what we see in E-case

kdays18

Oct 3, 2016
bbssmm88 said:
Hi

My experience with calling CIC is that agents know nothing...I wonder why they have this service if they only see what we see in E-case
Exsactly!!!! :-[