+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

shyurun79

Hero Member
Sep 22, 2016
239
31
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can see more than we do in ECAS for sure. I know there was one guy who was applying for PR card renew and receive letter to provide additional documents. He somehow missed the deadline and called CIC to ask for a extend. Surprisingly the agent told him he did not need to do so as he saw from the file the card has been printed already.

They can see more details.
 

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
90
2
I acted as your secretary once.
I put your timeline in the sheet.

Immigrant84 said:
Hey all
Just sharing my timeline. If someone could put my stats on the sheet, it would be great.
Location: Toronto
Application: Ind
Physical days : 1482
App sent: Nov 2
App Recd: Nov 4
AOR: Nov 30
IP: Dec 09
Test Invite: 18 Jan
Interview: 10 Feb
DM: 11 Feb
Oath Letter: 13 Feb
Oath date: 28 Feb

Best wishes to everyone still in process and hope you guys get the good news soon!
 

Immigrant84

Full Member
Apr 30, 2012
28
2
120
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
6311
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2011
Doc's Request.
All documents in order
AOR Received.
Dec 20, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 23, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 30, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 21, 2012
willzou said:
I acted as your secretary once.
I put your timeline in the sheet.
Haha, thanks bud.
I tried adding it myself, but I couldn't figure it out.
 

EXPRESS000

Full Member
Aug 25, 2016
29
2
Morning November's Group
I had my test in Scarborough town center (FEB 22)with the Officer. Everything was smooth,passed the written test and showed the required documents(Passports,IDs) .
At the end,the officer told me that he is satisfied everything looks good to him but they have to wait for background check.
Based on the information form the spreadsheet,people are getting their decision made in a day or two.
I dont want to fuss about it and its now only 8 days and definitely im not in hurry for anything,but im just wondering why would officer invite the applicant to the test before they complete the background check
And do you guys have a similar experience and how is long the average wait time in my situation?

Good luck everyone and Thank you in advance for your replies.
 

kolhapuri

Hero Member
Oct 2, 2010
615
47
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Things are moving again. Got our Oath letter dated 1st March. Oath on 24th March. Last stretch now ;D
 

.Steve

Hero Member
Sep 9, 2016
220
22
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Kohlapuri !

Does ecas get update with the oath letter information like test invite ?
 

kolhapuri

Hero Member
Oct 2, 2010
615
47
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
.Steve said:
Congrats Kohlapuri !

Does ecas get update with the oath letter information like test invite ?
Thanks and Yes.

I don't have the letter in my hand yet, I will get that in a day or two. This info I got is from ECAS.
 

Patient83

Full Member
Feb 13, 2017
36
0
Hi everybody. I have just got the following updates on my ecas:


We sent you correspondence on March 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required



Is it finger prints!?
 

sidestep4u

Hero Member
Sep 27, 2010
894
30
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0
 

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
4,165
192
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patient83 said:
Hi everybody. I have just got the following updates on my ecas:


We sent you correspondence on March 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required



Is it finger prints!?
Yes 90% chance finger print request
 

sidestep4u

Hero Member
Sep 27, 2010
894
30
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0
 

Arctic16

Full Member
Oct 28, 2016
49
1
EXPRESS000 said:
Morning November's Group
I had my test in Scarborough town center (FEB 22)with the Officer. Everything was smooth,passed the written test and showed the required documents(Passports,IDs) .
At the end,the officer told me that he is satisfied everything looks good to him but they have to wait for background check.
Based on the information form the spreadsheet,people are getting their decision made in a day or two.
I dont want to fuss about it and its now only 8 days and definitely im not in hurry for anything,but im just wondering why would officer invite the applicant to the test before they complete the background check
And do you guys have a similar experience and how is long the average wait time in my situation?

Good luck everyone and Thank you in advance for your replies.
I am from the October group. I have a closely similar situation. I have been waiting for 5 weeks now !

Officer told me I am approving your application, then e can is still In Process. (My wife who took the test with me on the same day had DM next morning).

I thought, at the time, citizenship test was last step. One member in that group told me that citizenship test triggers the first (of three) security checks steps.

I believe that someone like myself (a male from a country that is considered a high risk country security-wise) applies then they might take longer time to check. I have also lived in three different continents in the past 12 years. So I don't consider my case the most typical.

I even read somewhere it's not them (CIC a.k.a IRCC) checking now. Other government agencies (e.g.: CSIS) are involved here.

https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php

This is a thread that might help

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-security-screening-csis-t349931.0.html
 

sidestep4u

Hero Member
Sep 27, 2010
894
30
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0`
 

Patient83

Full Member
Feb 13, 2017
36
0
Patient83 said:
Hi everybody. I have just got the following updates on my ecas:


We sent you correspondence on March 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required


I got the mail today and it was a finger print request. I hope it wont delay my case. Good luck everybody

Is it finger prints!?