+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Outland Applications

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
chezvelo said:
If you are a November applicant and you still have not received your AoR, you can call CIC and inquire about the status of your application. They will have information on why you have not received it. I do not think it's a matter of "nationality". Each application is done differently as they are all telling different stories of two people's lives. Good luck. Call them ASAP.
I did call...All they said was they have received and that I have to wait...My case is simple and easy and there is no question marks or any missing documents in my application and it's so organized that any officer can figure it out in a minute! But anyway...

chezvelo

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
arman.s said:
I did call...All they said was they have received and that I have to wait...My case is simple and easy and there is no question marks or any missing documents in my application and it's so organized that any officer can figure it out in a minute! But anyway...
Just out of curiosity ...When was your application received at the Processing Center in Mississauga?
And did they give you an UCI number and/or Application number over the phone when you called?
You can use those to check your status on ECAS. Maybe your AOR was indeed sent to your email but for some reason it never got there (wrong email, sitting in junk mail, etc)

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
chezvelo said:
Just out of curiosity ...When was your application received at the Processing Center in Mississauga?
And did they give you an UCI number and/or Application number over the phone when you called?
You can use those to check your status on ECAS. Maybe your AOR was indeed sent to your email but for some reason it never got there (wrong email, sitting in junk mail, etc)
Yes Mississauga and they gave me my UCI and File # ...the UCI I had it anyway, every person has a UCI but they gave me my file number too...I check my status everyday, but it doesn't show anything on ECAS...I also called them again this morning, the lady over phone didn't even ask me my name or my application number or UCI, she just said wait for a few more weeks! She was so rude that I didn't even try asking any questions!

chezvelo

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
arman.s said:
Yes they gave me my UCI and File # ...the UCI I had it anyway, every person has a UCI but they gave me my file number too...I check my status everyday, but it doesn't show anything on ECAS...I also called them again this morning, the lady over phone didn't even ask me my name or my application number or UCI, she just said wait for a few more weeks! She was so rude that I didn't even try asking any questions!
When was your application received by Mississauga Processing Center?
That date could help us understand why you still haven't received any news yet...
The only reason I can think of why the CIC agent would not ask your for your name and UCI number to check on your file is probably because you have submitted recently. Am I correct?

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
on the website it says 85 days and Working on applications received on November 25, 2014...Sometime this week this will change and then I wanna see how they respond...Right now they just say we are working on the application received on 25th and they hang up...Jut a couple of years ago people were becoming PR in 3 months through the sponsorship program and now it takes over 3 months so they just open your envelope! and many months more to become PR and that's if everything goes smooth...
They have also made the processing of the grandparents so long (several years) that most probably they are dead by the time they get their PR!
Someone like me has made his mostly long distance relationship alive and in a good shape for a few years and now we have to wait for a few more years? I just can't wait for the next year's election.

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
chezvelo said:
When was your application received by Mississauga Processing Center?
That date could help us understand why you still haven't received any news yet...
The only reason I can think of why the CIC agent would not ask your for your name and UCI number to check on your file is probably because you have submitted recently. Am I correct?
They have received my application on Nov 27th...

chezvelo

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
arman.s said:
They have received my application on Nov 27th...
I understand your frustration, as we are all on the same boat and can feel your pain...
But you really have answered your own question. Your application was received on November 27th and they told you on the phone they are working still on Nov. 25th applications, so that's why they told you to wait a bit longer if you still haven't receieved your acknowledgement.
We waited 74 days to get AoR, and 91 days to get SA, but in the end they both came. I would recommend to wait a few more days and try to breathe a little. It will come.

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
chezvelo said:
I understand your frustration, as we are all on the same boat and can feel your pain...
But you really have answered your own question. Your application was received on November 27th and they told you on the phone they are working still on Nov. 25th applications, so that's why they told you to wait a bit longer if you still haven't receieved your acknowledgement.
We waited 91 days to get AoR, but in the end it came. I would recommend to wait a few more days and try to breathe a little. It will come.
Thanks buddy...yeah I have to wait, not that I have any other choices...But as I see on other pages the December applicants are getting SAs and I haven't even got AOR...Hopefully me and other people from November hear good news this week

Kancor

Feb 5, 2015
Slightly confused here... Just checked ECAS and it says decision made for the sponsor. When I click that it says a letter has been sent in the mail Feb. 20. I received AOR via email and I have read elsewhere that if they don't have an email they'll send it through the mail but clearly they have one in my case. Anyone have insights into what's going on?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Kancor said:
Slightly confused here... Just checked ECAS and it says decision made for the sponsor. When I click that it says a letter has been sent in the mail Feb. 20. I received AOR via email and I have read elsewhere that if they don't have an email they'll send it through the mail but clearly they have one in my case. Anyone have insights into what's going on?
CIC for the most part will e-mail you if you included an e-mail address but some officers are old school and prefer to send communication via snail mail. Don't worry, this has happened before.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
andrew-brit said:
CIC for the most part will e-mail you if you included an e-mail address but some officers are old school and prefer to send communication via snail mail. Don't worry, this has happened before.
totally agree with Andrew here,...thats what they did...they sent me EMAIL only
All da best..and wait for Stage 2 approval

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Well now it's been officially updated to Dec 2. And I am wondering what they have to say when I call them tomorrow at 8. Up to know they were saying is because they are working on applications received on Nov 25th. Well tomorrow they are going to say you have to be patient and call us back in two weeks! Negative or positive I guess they are obligated to respond!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
arman.s said:
Well now it's been officially updated to Dec 2. And I am wondering what they have to say when I call them tomorrow at 8. Up to know they were saying is because they are working on applications received on Nov 25th. Well tomorrow they are going to say you have to be patient and call us back in two weeks! Negative or positive I guess they are obligated to respond!
FYI the people you speak to when you call know very little about the process, your application, or where the visa officers are at application wise. All they have to go on is the same date that you see on the "Check Processing Times" page.

For example I called on October 30th 2014 at which stage the webpage said they were processing applications received on September 15th. My application was received on September 19th. I wasn't calling to chase it up so I was not too concerned. 2 hours later I had sponsor approval. During the call I did not give them my details so it was not as a result of me calling.

Bottom line: What is on the website is out of date. You should receive sponsor approval soon. Give it 2 weeks on top of the advertised number of days.

spaudel1

Jul 16, 2012
My application is still under review. Application was received on Nov 12, 2014. Not sure why its taking such long time just for sponsor approval. no updates on my case. :(

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
andrew-brit said:
FYI the people you speak to when you call know very little about the process, your application, or where the visa officers are at application wise. All they have to go on is the same date that you see on the "Check Processing Times" page.

For example I called on October 30th 2014 at which stage the webpage said they were processing applications received on September 15th. My application was received on September 19th. I wasn't calling to chase it up so I was not too concerned. 2 hours later I had sponsor approval. During the call I did not give them my details so it was not as a result of me calling.

Bottom line: What is on the website is out of date. You should receive sponsor approval soon. Give it 2 weeks on top of the advertised number of days.
I was able to call them again today. and as you said the lady over phone didn't know much about my case. she just looked and said yes the time frame for you has been passed now and she will send an Email to my officer to get more info. I asked bout the timeline and I guess they are instructed to not give anyone any timeline! All I wanted to know was how long does it usually take for the officer to respond to her, like an hour? a day? a week? a month? a year?