Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
arman.s said:
Thanks...When do you get the application number? Is that on SA Email? Do you think it's same as File #?
when i got my aor, it came with both UCI and App #.
my SA states both #s as well

bapa

Feb 24, 2015
Hey,

I haven't written here before but I'm a November outland applicant as well :)

I live in Canada with my Canadian common law spouse but decided to do outland application due to shorter wait times. My temporary work permit is expiring this summer.

I wanted to ask if anyone has some insight on what's going on with our application. Our application was received on Nov 19th and we got an email on Feb 12th with our UCI, so that's when I was finally able to check the application status online.

I checked on Feb 18th and it said "decision made" under sponsorship application. It also said that they have sent a letter on Feb 17th so I have been waiting for that letter since then. However, today I checked again and now it also says "decision made" under permanent residence application. If I click on it, it says they started processing the application on Feb 17th, medicals have been received, decision has been made and that they will contact me regarding the decision.

I'm so confused! How on earth would they start processing the permanent resident application on the same day they decided on the sponsorship application? Isn't it supposed to take months? Even if they didn't send it to London (which is where we addressed it), wouldn't it be sent to Mississauga where it would still take a lot longer than this?

We definitely qualify so I don't think they would reject our application without asking for further proof but can it possibly be a positive decision if it happened this quick? I haven't gotten any other communication from them yet besides the AOR email to my partner but I guess letters regarding the sponsorship application as well as the permanent residency application are on their way. We live in Western Canada so I'm already pretty impatient, as at least the sponsorship letter was sent on the 17th and it's still not here!

edit. I'm also from a visa exempt country so they could approve my application without passport request, right? (I'm so worried it was rejected!!)

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
bapa said:
Hey,

I haven't written here before but I'm a November outland applicant as well :)

I live in Canada with my Canadian common law spouse but decided to do outland application due to shorter wait times. My temporary work permit is expiring this summer.

I wanted to ask if anyone has some insight on what's going on with our application. Our application was received on Nov 19th and we got an email on Feb 12th with our UCI, so that's when I was finally able to check the application status online.

I checked on Feb 18th and it said "decision made" under sponsorship application. It also said that they have sent a letter on Feb 17th so I have been waiting for that letter since then. However, today I checked again and now it also says "decision made" under permanent residence application. If I click on it, it says they started processing the application on Feb 17th, medicals have been received, decision has been made and that they will contact me regarding the decision.

I'm so confused! How on earth would they start processing the permanent resident application on the same day they decided on the sponsorship application? Isn't it supposed to take months? Even if they didn't send it to London (which is where we addressed it), wouldn't it be sent to Mississauga where it would still take a lot longer than this?

We definitely qualify so I don't think they would reject our application without asking for further proof but can it possibly be a positive decision if it happened this quick? I haven't gotten any other communication from them yet besides the AOR email to my partner but I guess letters regarding the sponsorship application as well as the permanent residency application are on their way. We live in Western Canada so I'm already pretty impatient, as at least the sponsorship letter was sent on the 17th and it's still not here!

First off, they dont send any MAIL for first stage Approval (i.e. Sponsor aproval). So Its just the MAIL.
Whats your applicant VISA office, (it must be mention in that EMAIL from CIC)..

Well, it seems a positive news for you and as you know they dont reject stratight away..so I guess a positive news is waiting for you soon...

However share your timeline and Applicant Country of residence (or which Visa office (VO) is dealing the case)...

:)

bapa

Feb 24, 2015
shy_guy said:
First off, they dont send any MAIL for first stage Approval (i.e. Sponsor aproval). So Its just the MAIL.
Whats your applicant VISA office, (it must be mention in that EMAIL from CIC)..

Well, it seems a positive news for you and as you know they dont reject stratight away..so I guess a positive news is waiting for you soon...

However share your timeline and Applicant Country of residence (or which Visa office (VO) is dealing the case)...

:)
Thanks for your reply! I hope you're right that it's positive news!

The email we got was all automated and the only individualized part stated the UCI and application number, no VISA office... or that's what I though but I just took a closer look and the very bottom does say they email is from:
"CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4"

Does that mean the Visa office is Mississauga instead of London? When we first received the email I wasn't even looking for that as I thought this was just the first part and that they would now be sending the rest of our application all the way to London.

My country of residence is Canada but since I am originally from Finland, we did the outland application and addressed it to London.

The email also doesn't state what the decision was on the sponsorship approval, just that they received it so we should get a letter in the mail? Are other people getting the decision on the email?

Szymon

Aug 15, 2014
I'm not an expert - but first off you would have gotten an AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) from Mississauga, usually via email. This is a generic email which will have said that they confirm receipt of your application to sponsor a member of the family class etc. This has a UCI and an Application No and was also signed off as coming from CPC Mississauga. In our case we then used those numbers to log onto ECAS a couple of days later and under the Sponsorship Approval it had said "Decision Made" and when you clicked onto it it said "we have sent you a letter". So whilst the AOR was an email the actual Sponsorship Approval came via snail mail. On this second part - the sponsorship approval - it stated the sponsor was approved and it also stated which visa office the application was being forwarded to. We had requested London, but they sent it to Ottawa. This is fairly common these days as London is very busy, so they are sending applications to both Ottawa and Mississauga for those applicants that normally would have gone to London. From reading other people's posts and checking out a few spreadsheets it is entirely possible that if your file was forwarded to Mississauga you could have a decision made on the permanent residence application part already. Mississauga seems to sometimes be extremely fast - a few days for permanent residence approval instead of the months it usually takes. Sounds to me like they have made the decision on the entire application and you will be getting some good news soon.

chezvelo

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
taz_eng said:
Wow congrats! Did your ecas status show In process status or the ppr was made right after Medical received? My current status is Application and Medical received but I don't think Singapore VO would be as quick.
When we originally got SA Ecas still said "Application Received" but they added "Medical results have been received". Eventually we got Passport Request but nothing changed on ECAS until today. Today it finally says "In process"
Good luck, I hope that helps a little in understanding how it works. I know though, that every application is different, and different VOs work in different ways. Ecas always seems to lag behind.

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
Today we have received SA.
There is my wife's time line

Application submitted : 20th Nov 2014
AOR Received : 12th Feb 2015
SA Received : 24th Feb 2015
Upfront Medical Done : 14th September 2014

Application has been transferred to Abu Dhabi VO

Let us see how long it will take for the processing of permanent residence visa application in UAE.

spaudel1

Jul 16, 2012
Hey Guys,

I am big confused. I received an email from CIC on Jan 27 with Application number and UCI.
I checked status online and the status for Sponsorship is

We received your application to sponsor XXX on November 12, 2014.

The status under Permanent Resident is :
We received XXX application for permanent residence on November 12, 2014.
Medical results have been received.

Other than this status, I have not got any other status update or any email. what does this mean? Is my application is still under review or has it been approved? Should i call CIC?

jpsant

Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
spaudel1 said:
Hey Guys,

I am big confused. I received an email from CIC on Jan 27 with Application number and UCI.

Other than this status, I have not got any other status update or any email. what does this mean? Is my application is still under review or has it been approved? Should i call CIC?
It looks like they've sent your application to VO abroad. They're still working on it.
=D

Aliasghary

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
spaudel1 said:
Hey Guys,

Hi mine is completly same like urs tbey recived mine on 13 nov and i gor email at 29 jan still waiting for sa hope we boht get our sa soon :(

Japan

Oct 5, 2014
We got another - Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information. - but the only thing there was confirmation for a request for visitor visa extension.

This seems to happen at every stage.

Sipadan

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Aliasghary said:
Hi mine is completly same like urs tbey recived mine on 13 nov and i gor email at 29 jan still waiting for sa hope we boht get our sa soon :(
Can I ask your nationality? Or the visa office you selected? I didn't even get the AOR despite they have my application. There is no way that anything would be wrong in my application. I think it might be related to the nationality, unfortunately.

chezvelo

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Japan said:
We got another - Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information. - but the only thing there was confirmation for a request for visitor visa extension.

This seems to happen at every stage.

Sipadan
When my nieces applied for a visitor's visa extension, sometimes they would get an email from CIC saying that they needed to sign in to their MyCIC account because an update had been made on their profile, but when they checked, there was nothing new there.
That was their experience.
I have a feeling this is the same.

chezvelo

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
arman.s said:
Can I ask your nationality? Or the visa office you selected? I didn't even get the AOR despite they have my application. There is no way that anything would be wrong in my application. I think it might be related to the nationality, unfortunately.
If you are a November applicant and you still have not received your AoR, you can call CIC and inquire about the status of your application. They will have information on why you have not received it. I do not think it's a matter of "nationality". Each application is done differently as they are all telling different stories of two people's lives. Good luck. Call them ASAP.