Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
tofuboi said:
I wanted to report I just got the email from CIC saying my application has been received (AOR). FINALLY!!!!!

Now...just waiting for SA approval.
Congrats! ^^

jpsant

Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
andrew-brit said:
This is most likely because there is a known criminal with the same name, age, etc as you and they need to verify it is not you. It has nothing to do with you living in Canada for 7 months.
thanks!
I have 5 different last names.. so it would be mind-blown to know someone has same name, age..
OMG haha
But I still think it's a way to buy time and make me spend more money on gov stuff LOL

jpsant

Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
SP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
ms.m said:
They also requested from me same doc. It took them 7 days or less before cic updated my status ( "finger print / clearance received") . I was applying my permanent residency that time
That's good to know!
7 days or less is not that bad of a wait.
I assume u already got ur PR. =D

ms.m

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014/ updated by cic march 19 ,2015
jpsant said:
That's good to know!
7 days or less is not that bad of a wait.
I assume u already got ur PR. =D
Yes i did. Tho the category of our application is different, processing of finger printing should be the same. You will receive a confirmation from rcmp that they forwarded clearance to cic .

Arielrose

Jan 6, 2014
Filled app in Sept 2014. My husband (sponsor ) Got his approval at the end of November. Since then we haven't heard of a file transfer or AOR. We have heard nothing. Is this normal or should we be looking to contact a mp or try to email. I only have my husband's uci number from his approval. Nothing for my part....any insight would be much appreciated.

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
Arielrose said:
Filled app in Sept 2014. My husband (sponsor ) Got his approval at the end of November. Since then we haven't heard of a file transfer or AOR. We have heard nothing. Is this normal or should we be looking to contact a mp or try to email. I only have my husband's uci number from his approval. Nothing for my part....any insight would be much appreciated.
You need to call CIC first thing and follow up.

Arielrose

Jan 6, 2014
i was under the impression there was no way to call the cic or get in direct contact with them. That any inquires would not be accepted. that it was nothing but a waiting game.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Arielrose said:
not all visa offices send notification the file has been transferred, also known as AOR2. in fact most of them DON'T, so this doesn't mean anything is wrong with your applicaiton. this is quite normal for most visa offices. generally the applicant doesn't hear anything until the visa office needs additional information ,passport request, fee payment or until they get the approval paper in the mail. there's no reason to contact an mp at this point. you are still within the processing time for most visa offices, so until you are outside the posted processing time or there is a significant issue you need help with, an MP will not be helpful. at this time, all that can be done is to wait. most of the process is in total dark and silence. it's usually not until the last couple of months of the process the applicant is notified of anything (if they are at all).

Skystar

Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App received 25 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
PC request 26 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
2 Mar 2015
Med's Request
22 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
4 oct 2015
Interview........
N/A. Decision Made: 02 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
29 oct 2015. Passport Sent : 01 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
06 Nov 2015 Passport received: 01 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
In December.
Guys what is the next step after receiving qubec selection certificate?

Kancor

Feb 5, 2015
Ok so once again a little bit of excitement but also some concern.

Just checked ECAS and my wife's file has changed to decision made with the notification: "A decision has been made on XXX XXXXX application. The office will contact XXX XXXX concerning this decision."

Now, she has not received PPR, is it possible that bad news awaits us?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Kancor said:
Ok so once again a little bit of excitement but also some concern.

Just checked ECAS and my wife's file has changed to decision made with the notification: "A decision has been made on XXX XXXXX application. The office will contact XXX XXXX concerning this decision."

Now, she has not received PPR, is it possible that bad news awaits us?
is your wife the applicant? if so, is she visa exempt? a lot of visa exempt applicants do not get ppr, since a copy of their passport was included in the application. if your wife requires a visa, then more than likely the DM letter received (in the mail) will contain instructions about how to send the passport to the visa office for processing. this seems to be typical right now, and considering you're a november applicant, that suggests maybe her application was kept in mississauga for faster processing (where the application is processed is listed in the SA letter)?

Kancor

Feb 5, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
is your wife the applicant? if so, is she visa exempt? a lot of visa exempt applicants do not get ppr, since a copy of their passport was included in the application. if your wife requires a visa, then more than likely the DM letter received (in the mail) will contain instructions about how to send the passport to the visa office for processing. this seems to be typical right now, and considering you're a november applicant, that suggests maybe her application was kept in mississauga for faster processing (where the application is processed is listed in the SA letter)?
She's from Korea, so yes. Also, in terms of the SA letter, it was sent in the mail (according to ECAS) on Feb. 20 but nothing has arrived as of yet (when I called they said to wait at least 6 weeks) so I don't know if they kept it in Mississauga.

Will the DM letter definitely be sent in the mail or do they send them electronically as well?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Kancor said:
She's from Korea, so yes. Also, in terms of the SA letter, it was sent in the mail (according to ECAS) on Feb. 20 but nothing has arrived as of yet (when I called they said to wait at least 6 weeks) so I don't know if they kept it in Mississauga.

Will the DM letter definitely be sent in the mail or do they send them electronically as well?
they are sent by regular mail.

JULESB82

Feb 7, 2015
hi everyone,
kind of new to this, posted a couple of times on a different thread!
Im an outland november applicant... application sent on the 24th. received AOR on the 27th of January, problem was it said AOR for permanent residency class in canada! this seemed odd and as i'm no expert i called my imigration lawyer and forwarded the email. My Lawyer told me everything was fine and to wait! So i did! I kept looking at CIC's website and the current application times till the time had passed it said to wait. again i called my lawyer and again they said to wait a bit longer! Something didn't seem right to me so i called myself. As it turns out my file had been processed as Inland not outland! So i called my lawyer and they sent CIC an email and asked it to be transferred to the correct processing station. this was the beginning of february... my lawyer told me it was sorted and they would keep in contact with immigration! on the 26th feb i recieved an email asking to file for CSQ, on the 27th feb i got another email saying to ignore the previous email as it was sent by mistake! on the 10th march i recieved my entire application back through the mail dated 28th Feb.
my lawyer re sent my application back to CIC on the 18th March stating the issues i have had and askedd to have my file expedited.
My question for all you knowledgeable people is.... my lawyer states they can get my file expedited but have also admitted to not having any way of talking to someone other than a call agent! so how can they get my my expedited ?? has anyone else here used a lawyer and been told they have ways of talking to CIC other than a call agent like an officer or someone?
thanks guys
any help is much appreciated

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Unfortunately lawyers do not have the authority to have your file expedited no one does. If you had called your MP they could have had your file transferred to outland and not sent back as mine did that for me when it was being processed inland by mistake. It did however set the tie line back as well . Your lawyer is incompetent or at least not that familiar with the system.