thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rmdharan said:
Hi Everyone,

Me too Nov 2014 applicant, Applied as a family package
Here is my status

Application for Canadian citizenship received on November 6, 2014.

Started processing your application on January 26, 2015.

Our file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 5, 2015.

Got the test invite on March 10 2015, to appear on March 25 by Canada post.

Only problem is , I didn't get the test invite for my wife. I don't think this is usual since we applied as a family package, i heard that we need to get the invite together.

Even earlier(January 26, 2015) also i got the status update email to me only not to her. But the CAS was updated for all of us.
But this time CAS update(test invite) is only for me.

Do any body have the same/similar issue?
Can i still take my wife for the test on the same day as mine?
Seniors please advice me on this.
i have read somewhere in this forum that same issue happened to someone and i think his wife and children got the test invite but he did get it later after 2-3 days. try contact cic call centre to see if they can check the status of test schedule for you all. sometimes ecas does not update. there might be delay in the mail too

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
30th March, 2011 PCC + RPRF reached 7th April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10th May, 2011....Same time ECAS = Decision made....
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Submitted 2nd June, Collected 16th June, 2011 (IN PERSON at LONDON VO)
LANDED..........
September, 2011 inshAllah
Hey guys,

finally an update on me file.

RECEIVED November 26, 2014.

EMAIL AOR February 12, 2015.

IN PROCESS March 17, 2015.

Anybody know how long does it take to get the file transffered to local office? I m in Toronto

Thanks.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
I had me test & interview today and all went well. Officer told me I will get me test invite in 2-4 months. Local office Scarborough.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations
rmust said:
I had me test & interview today and all went well. Officer told me I will get me test invite in 2-4 months. Local office Scarborough.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danishsoomro said:
Hey guys,

Anybody know how long does it take to get the file transffered to local office? I m in Toronto

Thanks.
Mine just updated today, here is the timeline

RECEIVED November 10, 2014.
EMAIL AOR February 7, 2015.
IN PROCESS March 4, 2015.
TRANSFERRED TO OTTAWA March 17, 2015.

If I were you I'd check November spreadsheet to see your neighbors timeline.

Good luck!

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danishsoomro said:
Hey guys,

Thanks.
I fell its getting very slow this days to move from "in progress" to "transfer", my "In progress" status since almost a month now, and not yet transferred ...........
so the key is to wait.... i am not sure if it is good idea to give them a call? thoughts ?

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
ECAS today :) :)

We sent you a notice on March 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajevSantik said:
I fell its getting very slow this days to move from "in progress" to "transfer", my "In progress" status since almost a month now, and not yet transferred ...........
so the key is to wait.... i am not sure if it is good idea to give them a call? thoughts ?
I'm in the same boat as you and I had called CIC. Interestingly - I was told that my case had been transferred to my local office (Scarborough) but my ECAS still shows "In Process". So I guess we can't/shouldn't rely on ECAS and keep checking our mail regularly.

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
RajevSantik said:
Reviewing Excel file actually the evidence of your theory. Yes, its getting slow.. dont know why tho.. or may be your backgound check taking bit longer??

fzs2007

Mar 8, 2015
Hi I am a a March Applicant and I need your help desparately. I am applying for my wife, daughter and myself. We travelled outside Canada from Dec 12th 2014 Till Jan 5 th 2015. I got an Entry Stamp/Seal while enterring Canada but we just found out that my wife and Daughter didnt get the stamp showing the date of Entry. I am eligible since 15th March and I am completely lost about it, because all my friends sendt the pages of the passport with exit and entry stamp and I understand that after the written exam during the short interview they actually check for these entry exit stamps. I am freaking out. My questions to you all seniors and who got situations like thse :

1.Should I get copies of CSBA report and attach with this application?
2. How long will it take to get it?\
3. Will it be an issue in the mind of the case officer if they see that i have asked for the CSBA report? Should I include with my application?
4. Is it common for people to not get these stamps often?
5. Would they accept the entry/ exit stamp of my country?

Pls help.

danishsoomro

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
London, United Kindom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th October, 2010
AOR Received.
7th Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
7th Feb, 2011
Med's Request
18th March, 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hey bud, everything is ok, its not a big problem. CIC aware of these small issues so no worries. I dont remember to get stamps entering via Toronto airport. They have these automated kiosk where you need to scan your PR card and the form they give you in the flight, thats it. I dont remember getting any stamps in Canada in my last two times but different airport may have different procedure.

1. They can obtain your CBSA report. I dont think its a requirement to do so, otherwise it would be mentioned in the guide.
2. If you still want to get it I think it takes 30 days
3. Its an extra thing, it does not harm your application. CIC themself get your CBSA report.

ITS JUST MY OPINION, WAIT FOR MORE INPUT FROM SENIORS. THANKS.

rajeev123

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Completed the test today in Scarborough. Passed
Test , evaluation and interview totally took 30 minutes. The interview process was less than 3 minutes.
He asked some basic questions like where I worked , how many times traveled etc.
Couldnt find the stamps in my Passports because of lots of visas and travels I had before coming to canada.
He just browsed through my wife passport , there also didnt look for stamp. and told all look good and we will send the pink letter for oath in 2-4 months.

One thing noticed the color of test letter matter as yellow and blue had separate lines and blue guys were called to another room and they were less in numbers.
and the format in blue letter is different from yellow. mine was yellow.

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashr said:
I'm in the same boat as you and I had called CIC. Interestingly - I was told that my case had been transferred to my local office (Scarborough) but my ECAS still shows "In Process". So I guess we can't/shouldn't rely on ECAS and keep checking our mail regularly.
Thanks!

I will give a call and check then

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the OHIP records today. Thanks they were super fast came within a week.
Now after a final review i will be sending the RQ responses .

Thanks Nov 06 2014. Did you hear any updates? Did you order ATIP?

Nov 06 said:
I guess you are in a good shape. During your waiting time, try to collect as much document as possible. if you have membership at any organizations get letters. if you have seasonal passes, then approach them and get your visits history. if you do this, you will definitely stopping CIC officers from having more fun and you will help to save their time on more valuable things to do. Taxpayers money will be saved as well. :) :D Good luck buddy.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
fzs2007 said:
Hi I am a a March Applicant and I need your help desparately. I am applying for my wife, daughter and myself. We travelled outside Canada from Dec 12th 2014 Till Jan 5 th 2015. I got an Entry Stamp/Seal while enterring Canada but we just found out that my wife and Daughter didnt get the stamp showing the date of Entry. I am eligible since 15th March and I am completely lost about it, because all my friends sendt the pages of the passport with exit and entry stamp and I understand that after the written exam during the short interview they actually check for these entry exit stamps. I am freaking out. My questions to you all seniors and who got situations like thse :

1.Should I get copies of CSBA report and attach with this application?
2. How long will it take to get it?\
3. Will it be an issue in the mind of the case officer if they see that i have asked for the CSBA report? Should I include with my application?
4. Is it common for people to not get these stamps often?
5. Would they accept the entry/ exit stamp of my country?

Pls help.
You should not request a CBSA report, look to the following information on the "When not to ask for a Travel History Report" section of the CBSA website:

"If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking “Yes” on page 5, section D of your application form permits Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to collect the report on your behalf. "

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html