+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
valmiri said:
Please applicantsss
Note that generic 0008 has changed on November.
I have sent my docs yesterday and cic will receive them on Tuesday, Im very worried but its not my falt till now nothing changed and right now all of a sudden I saw this new form.
So guyss whatch out.
what exact form you are referring to?

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
You are in the wrong section, this is for citizenship not for Permanent Residency; please read carefully before submit anything to forms and scare other people.

valmiri said:
Please applicantsss
Note that generic 0008 has changed on November.
I have sent my docs yesterday and cic will receive them on Tuesday, Im very worried but its not my falt till now nothing changed and right now all of a sudden I saw this new form.
So guyss whatch out.

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Hmm I actually did not realize that this is for citizenship.But I was so worried and I wanted to share it. Its the imm0008 form.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
i think they won't send it back but sending unnecessary documents can make CIC suspicious and can trigger RQ. if you want to send just send what is being asked or little bit of extra but not too much paperwork.
There is no guarantee that they will send you RQ or not regardless of what extra paperwork you submit with application.
Based on feedback in this thread, I actually reduced the number of additional documents I was sending to only include CRA NOAs (self and wife), letters of employment (self), photocopies of all pages in passports (all) and lease agreements. I did not say in my original post that our passport stamps required translation.

Based on my search in the forums, reasons for returning entire applications has not included attaching additional documents, BUT you should review why others have had their files returned to ensure you don't make the same mistakes (for eg, missing relevant documents, jumping the gun on your application in spite of insufficent residency days, insufficient language evidence etc).

I have no way of knowing how our additional documents will be perceived by the CIC CO - in fact, no one on this forum can predict that since CIC has not been in the habit of explaining their RQ requests. If a RQ is in the works, we will find out sooner or later and cross that bridge when we get to it :)

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I am hoping to apply for my citizenship this week. I have some questions.

1. ( this one is a bit crazy) do you guys think we should print one page per sheet or it is ok to print 2 pages per sheet?
2. I included all my travel but two of them I have a problem. I went to multiple countries so I put the time I left Canada and then my main destination. However, I have stamps from these other countries but ofcourse all of them are during the time I have claimed. Do I need to give them a details of my trips for example left Canada XXXX-XX-XX arrived Dubai XXXX-XX-XX .. then left Dubai XXXX-XX-XX arrived Japan xxxx-xx-xx etc etc or just keep it simple. I have included the translation of my stamps so they will have a photocopy of my passport pages. I also have all my tickets ( I am not gonna include them ) but what do you guys think I should do?
Thanks,

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
Hi everyone,

1. ( this one is a bit crazy) do you guys think we should print one page per sheet or it is ok to print 2 pages per sheet?
2. I included all my travel but two of them I have a problem. I went to multiple countries so I put the time I left Canada and then my main destination. However, I have stamps from these other countries but ofcourse all of them are during the time I have claimed. Do I need to give them a details of my trips for example left Canada XXXX-XX-XX arrived Dubai XXXX-XX-XX .. then left Dubai XXXX-XX-XX arrived Japan xxxx-xx-xx etc etc or just keep it simple. I have included the translation of my stamps so they will have a photocopy of my passport pages. I also have all my tickets ( I am not gonna include them ) but what do you guys think I should do?
Thanks,
1. Don't think this makes much of a difference quite frankly. Save the environment and all that :)

2. Did you get the stamps because you were in transit, or because you disembarked, and stayed in the country for a few days before heading onward to another country? If transit, then I don't think adding this information will add value in the online or paper-based residency calculator. If you stayed for a few days in each country you visited, then you can reflect that in the "From" and "To" section like you stated. Your total number of days away from Canada will stay the same in both cases, but you will be able to better align your passport stamps with travel if you were staying in these countries for a few days.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vrachar said:
To all November 2014 applicants:

Please enter your data to this sheet so we can follow the timeline:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtMxKsn6wG3dFJzMEh1Tmw2Rl92SG03TkVyUUwydHc#gid=0

Thanks.

(Just type in your data and press "Enter" at the end - Google saves the data automatically).
To all who are about to send their application and would like to use courier service.
It would be at your advantage if you can look around your area where the shipping center is located.
Instead of sending to drop-off where there are time limitation and package are pickup next day.
shipping centre receives all items from drop off.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
shaazdeh said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

This is what it states on the online residence calculator:

Note: If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good afternoon everyone :)

We are currently in the processing of submitting my wife's citizenship application. Hopefully by the end of this month. I've read the forum and spoke with CIC call center but I'm still a bit confused. My inquiry is about what to put in the 6F section for work/education. In the past 4 years, my wife attended ESL classes from YWCA and Bow Valley College as well as LINC program from Bow Valley College. She is currently a homemaker and taking care of our two children. I called the CIC center and the agent on the phone said that we do not need to include the ESL classes and we should just put employment as homemaker for the 4 years. Looking at posts on here it seems people are doing the opposite. I'm going to try and get a hold of another agent and see if they give me a different answer. However for anyone else who submitted their application this month, have you come across a similar dilemma or maybe give me your feedback? that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sluma said:

We are currently in the processing of submitting my wife's citizenship application. Hopefully by the end of this month. I've read the forum and spoke with CIC call center but I'm still a bit confused. My inquiry is about what to put in the 6F section for work/education. In the past 4 years, my wife attended ESL classes from YWCA and Bow Valley College as well as LINC program from Bow Valley College. She is currently a homemaker and taking care of our two children. I called the CIC center and the agent on the phone said that we do not need to include the ESL classes and we should just put employment as homemaker for the 4 years. Looking at posts on here it seems people are doing the opposite. I'm going to try and get a hold of another agent and see if they give me a different answer. However for anyone else who submitted their application this month, have you come across a similar dilemma or maybe give me your feedback? that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
check B) - if you have the transcript and diploma of the courses
uncheck A) - if no work record

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sluma said:

Thanks,
Read the instruction guide carefully and check if these were govt. funded programs and if yes, you can't use it as education proof but you can use it as language proof. Here is what it says on the instruction guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Note: If you do not have acceptable language proof to submit with your application or do not have the required language level, you may choose to enroll in a government-funded language program that would help you increase your language proficiency, and succeed in obtaining certification at a level of CLB/NCLC 4. Please note that although certificates from these government funded language training programs can be used as acceptable language proof, they cannot be used as proof of education for your citizenship application (see Section 4 Education Records)

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the responses. So I think we should not include the LINC program but include the ESL programs since in their guide they say "Note: You are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs." On 6F section they say "Have you attended an educational institute the last 4 years or participated in English/French Language Training". she technically did attend English language training in ESL classes but they come back and say not to include proof of attendance for ESL. so include it but no proof is necessary, which conflicts with what the agent said :(

EDIT: I got a hold of a second agent and he told me the opposite of the first one, he said basically include everything on the form for all ESL classes and provide proof like a transcript or a certificate. They don't need to know the amount of time she spent just proof that she took the classes.

I'm just paranoid that they my return the application hence the double checking...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sluma said:
Thank you for the responses. So I think we should not include the LINC program but include the ESL programs since in their guide they say "Note: You are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs." On 6F section they say "Have you attended an educational institute the last 4 years or participated in English/French Language Training". she technically did attend English language training in ESL classes but they come back and say not to include proof of attendance for ESL. so include it but no proof is necessary, which conflicts with what the agent said :(

EDIT: I got a hold of a second agent and he told me the opposite of the first one, he said basically include everything on the form for all ESL classes and provide proof like a transcript or a certificate. They don't need to know the amount of time she spent just proof that she took the classes.

I'm just paranoid that they my return the application hence the double checking...
was ESL course through government funded program?

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
was ESL course through government funded program?
Only the LINC one was. The other ESL courses she paid tuition fees before she became a PR

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sluma said:
Only the LINC one was. The other ESL courses she paid tuition fees before she became a PR
Okay, please go through the instruction manual carefully and understand the complete information before submitting the application.