+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

ama912

Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TigerMajor14 said:
Hello all, i am new to this site and glad there are useful information being shared among members. Keep it up folks!

I submitted my citizenship application in November 2014 and my timeline is as follows:

Mailed application: 18th November, 2014
CIC recieved application: 21st November, 2014
Ack Of Reciept: 22nd December, 2014
CIC Started processing: 29th December, 2014
Received RQ: 12th January, 2015

Sadly, i received an RQ dated 29th Dec 2014 with a 45days return time :'( :'( :'(
Putting my response and evidence together to submit by January ending.
Will keep you all posted on developments. Good luck to everyone including myself too.
That sounds like a quick turn around. Unfortunate to have received a RQ though. Could you please clarify what city did you send your application from and to which processing centre?
Also, have you traveled extensively during the last 4 years? I'm wondering if that's why you may have received a RQ..

TigerMajor14

Jan 19, 2015
The RQ was a surprise to me :eek:

I called CIC and the call rep checked my file and was not able to find the reason why i got an RQ. Will call again maybe next week.

I applied to Sydney, NS and the RQ came from Calgary. I am guessing my file was transferred to Calgary where i am based.
Can anyone clarify what that means?

I did not travel outside Canada during the 1095 plus days since i landed.

So what is your story ama912?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
TigerMajor14 said:

I called CIC and the call rep checked my file and was not able to find the reason why i got an RQ. Will call again maybe next week.

I applied to Sydney, NS and the RQ came from Calgary. I am guessing my file was transferred to Calgary where i am based.

Travelling outside canada is not the only reason for RQ. The CIC officer assesses the overall application and there are various factors that contribute to RQ. Please do a google search for reasons for getting RQ. That way you can compare it with your situation.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TigerMajor14 said:

Don't worry. We are in the same boat. Can you check if your RQ notice envelope was postmarked from Sydney or not? Although the letter says submit docs to local office these pre-test RQs are issued by Sydney

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news for any AOR received for nov. Applicant, it seems thay are slow this month

Dgoulding

Dec 15, 2014
I'm guessing the Christmas break slowed things down a bit. Hoping we see a flurry of AORs over the next week or two, which we should based on comments from other posters regarding where CIC currently are (late Oct/early Nov applicants).
I keep checking my email hoping for news, and it's driving me crazy ;D

uwgrad

Jan 21, 2015
Hi guys,

I've been following posts on this forum for a while. I have an update of sorts. Absolutely no idea what it means though.

So I sent in my application on Nov 10, 2014. It was received on Nov 14, 2014.
I haven't heard from CIC at all. I did check e-cas periodically. This entire time, only my application for renewal of PR showed up. As of this morning, the previous application (PR renewal) has completely disappeared off the website. Nothing about citizenship though.

No idea what it means but thought I'd send in my update here.

Will keep you guys posted!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
den_b said:
I am in Ottawa. It is a single application.

I believe you will also receive your AOR soon.
Oh That's a great news den_b. Congrats! Hopefully all November applicants will get AOR soon!

uwgrad

Jan 21, 2015
uwgrad said:
Hi guys,

I've been following posts on this forum for a while. I have an update of sorts. Absolutely no idea what it means though.

I haven't heard from CIC at all. I did check e-cas periodically. This entire time, only my application for renewal of PR showed up. As of this morning, the previous application (PR renewal) has completely disappeared off the website. Nothing about citizenship though.

Update: I cant log on to E-cas at all now. I'm assuming thats progress?

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
uwgrad said:
Hi guys,

same thing happened to me..my application was received on nov 6 2014..today they removed my pr renewal information from e-case..I am also thinking that pr-renewal information would automatically get removed after 1 year..do you remember when did u apply for pr renewal.