+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
I just saw the status update this morning. You can see movement on your file/application using your client id which is your PR Card Number (XXXX-XXXX) even if you haven't received AOR by mail.

I'm yet to receive the Discover Canada book and an official AOR from CIC, hopefully will receive it soon.

Jhun

Apr 20, 2010
Hello all,

My time line is as follows:

Application sent: November 11, 2013
Application received by CIC: November 18, 2013

...waiting

Jhun
Toronto

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jhun said:
Hello all,

Application sent: November 11, 2013
Application received by CIC: November 18, 2013

...waiting

Jhun
Toronto
You can update your stats on the spreadsheet using the link bellow:
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApHR9gzVAMCDdHN4S0xTLUhXOVVWd3F2R3NYbDZaSmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0">Nov 2013 Citizenship Applicants Timeline</a>

rohit234

Jan 6, 2014
Saloo said:
Well if it happen with one applicant doesn't mean that 335k applicants are wrong , when cic specified the document required for citizenship they didn't mentioned all other documents like health record or CBSA record ,
If its really expediate the application process then they can easily ask for these document upfront with initial application , one case doesn't mean it's a pattern .
I agree with you. I don't think my application was expedited because of extra supporting documents. My spouse did the same in summer and the processing time has been average comparing to people who applied at that time. Actually CIC started processing spouses's application around one month later comparing to others. I just wanted to avoid RQ (if possible) and answer questions CIC might have beforehand.

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
mrbravo said:
doesn't make any sense. double check the date you sent your application. you received date has nothing to do with the date you signed your application
hello mrbravo,
thanks for your reply.
I'm pretty sure that I sent my application on Nov. 2 and received on Nov. 4. Is it possible that cic made a typo?
Actually, according to the usual time line for vancouver, i think i'm a little bit faster than expected, so probably they really treated me as october applicant....

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I dont know why I have been forwarded to Scarborough. I did not travel outside Canada within the last 3 years so not expecting RQ. It seems Scarborough is slow and tedious.

Anybody wanna share their experience with Scarborough?

Thanks

armaan.ahhmad said:
Hello all,

Application sent: November 8th, 2013
Application received by CIC: November 12, 2013
AOR sent: January 6th 2014
In Process: January 6th 2014
LOT (Scarborough): January 17, 2014
waiting for test date....

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hi Rohit, Congratulations. good to know that your case is being processed really fast.
Can you confirm your LO? Is it St.Claire?
Thanks

rohit234 said:
Yes, I received AOR. I think it was around January 10th.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
November applicants are rocking !!!! Wow !

I really hope that October will follow soon, till now, no one of us octoberers got anything for the test!

y_usel

Jan 22, 2014
I think that Ottawa office is sloooooow :((( All those lucky applicants from May-November 2013 who got their test dates are from Toronto mostly...I haven't seen anyone from Ottawa... :/

drpno

Feb 4, 2014
Hi everybody,

One more for the list.

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 12, 2013.

- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 12, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

- We started processing your application on January 31, 2014.

I`m updating the google doc now. ;D

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontowarrior said:
Today I received my test letter for 27th Feb at Mississauga office.
Congrats torontowarrior ! Things are moving very fast
I m just wondering if you've sent any supporting docs with your initial application (CBSA report, OHIP record, T4,...) ?