November 2013 Citizenship Application

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit234 said:
Thanks.

I called them on Jan 30th and they said transfer to LOT happened on Jan 21st or 23rd.
Yes, I've checked ecas status today.
Hi Rohit,

Did you get your AOR ? If yes, when did you get it ? If you didn't get it yet, then this is the first time I see a case where someone gets invited for the exam without receiving the AOR !

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
it's so strange.....I sent my application on Nov. 2, but cic said they received my application on Oct. 31....Is it because I signed application in an earlier date??

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
doesn't make any sense. double check the date you sent your application. you received date has nothing to do with the date you signed your application

rohit234

Jan 6, 2014
ramsfe said:
Did you get your AOR ? If yes, when did you get it ? If you didn't get it yet, then this is the first time I see a case where someone gets invited for the exam without receiving the AOR !
Yes, I received AOR. I think it was around January 10th.

rohit234

Jan 6, 2014
muzmil said:
Congrats Rohit !! Did you travel during the 4 year period É
Yes, three times. I have provided some supporting documents along with my application. OHIP history, history of crossing the border from my home country, tax returns, T4, etc (based on what they demand for RQ).

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
rohit234 said:
Yes, three times. I have provided some supporting documents along with my application. OHIP history, history of crossing the border from my home country, tax returns, T4, etc (based on what they demand for RQ).
cool... were your trips short or long like a few months each É

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
rohit234 said:
Rohit234....What Rohit234 is mentioning. answers the mysterious question which is " what would happen if we send all the supporting documents such as employment history, CBSA report, History of exit and entry from home country " some people were saying this would raise flags but from Rohit234 experience, it actually doesn't and it seems that it speeds up the process.

I had my CBSA report, exit and enrty report from my home country, tax returns, T4 etc and was reluctant to send them along with my application. I was wrong.

hope future applicants learn from Rohit234 experience.

thanks

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
mrbravo said:
Rohit234....What Rohit234 is mentioning. answers the mysterious question which is " what would happen if we send all the supporting documents such as employment history, CBSA report, History of exit and entry from home country " some people were saying this would raise flags but from Rohit234 experience, it actually doesn't and it seems that it speeds up the process.

I had my CBSA report, exit and enrty report from my home country, tax returns, T4 etc and was reluctant to send them along with my application. I was wrong.

hope future applicants learn from Rohit234 experience.

thanks
Well if it happen with one applicant doesn't mean that 335k applicants are wrong , when cic specified the document required for citizenship they didn't mentioned all other documents like health record or CBSA record ,
If its really expediate the application process then they can easily ask for these document upfront with initial application , one case doesn't mean it's a pattern .

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit234 said:
My test is scheduled for February 26th. :)
Wow. That's great news! Congratulations!

y_usel

Jan 22, 2014
Hi guys! This is my timeline: I can see now an update on E-CAS

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2013.

Local office: Ottawa

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi Guys,

Following is the update from E-CAS for myself and family.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 14, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2014.

Local Office: Calgary

Good Luck to all

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hello all,

My time line is as follows:

Application sent: November 8th, 2013
Application received by CIC: November 12, 2013
AOR sent: January 6th 2014
In Process: January 6th 2014
LOT (Scarborough): January 17, 2014