+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I dont think your file will be returned to you. You probably will get the AOR in few days. fingers crossed.

xzb33 said:
ya, I hope everything is going fine
do you think after almost 3 months waiting , they might return back our file ?

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
armaan.ahhmad said:
I dont think your file will be returned to you. You probably will get the AOR in few days. fingers crossed.
Thank you, I hope everythings are going fine

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
swindsor2010 said:
Me too. Online it says application started January 27, 2014... still nothing in the mail. I'm a very anxious person and keep worrying/going to mailbox. At least I'm seeing here I'm not the only one...
Hi. How do you track your online status? Do I need a confirmation number from CIC to track it? Sydney ofc received my application on Feb 3rd and I have not heard back from them as of yet. Thank you.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IamAlbertan said:
Hi. How do you track your online status? Do I need a confirmation number from CIC to track it? Sydney ofc received my application on Feb 3rd and I have not heard back from them as of yet. Thank you.
Go to CIC site application status: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp
Select Citizenship, Grant
Check application status-> Select applicant ID (ID on PR) or receipt number in the drop box.. and input personal info as stated

tuneful

Dec 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application has been received on the 21st of November however not in process yet. I called cic today and I was told they are opening the applications received on the 22nd of Nov. I was also told to contact cic again if I do not get any AOR within 2 weeks. Started to be anxious.

timbermere

Sep 14, 2013
Hello,

I just received the AOR in the mail today. When we fill the spreadsheet, what date do we put in the
"AOR Date" Column?

Is it the date we actually received it in the mail?
Or
Is it the date that is mentioned in the letter...

I received it today...the 20th...but the date on the letter is 5th Feb.

Just dont want to put wrong info in the spreadsheet and mislead people!

Thanks!!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuneful said:
My application has been received on the 21st of November however not in process yet. I called cic today and I was told they are opening the applications received on the 22nd of Nov. I was also told to contact cic again if I do not get any AOR within 2 weeks. Started to be anxious.
Do not stress out. It's just not worth it.
Unfortunately, if you are not from a "popular" CIC local office, you will have to wait longer than the 2-3 usual months to get any news. In Halifax, for example, one might wait up to 12 months to just receive AOR letter.

Hang in there! :)

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Finally got "in process" in ecas tracking.

Application received : 29-nov-2013
Process started : 15-February-2014

Place of residence: fort mcmurray, Alberta

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked my ecas today after almost a month and it was updated with the following:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 9, 2014.

I went through my inbox but couldn't find any email from CIC. Is this normal? Do I need to contact CIC and ask for the acknowledgement.

Thanks.

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
Finally my file "in process"

Application received : 21-nov-2013
Process started : 18-February-2014

but I sent two files - "family application " (me and my wife in the same envelope)
my file in process and my wife's file not in process yet ?
any explanation
-----------------
I have Question,

I paid online fees as family $400
I sent only one copy under my name & my signature
My question, do I have to send two copies of receipt or one enough ?
I mean do my wife has to sign one copy ? cause I sent both files in the same envelope
I am little bit confused, ??? cause my e case updated today and my wife not yet
-------------
from CIC website (If you are sending more than one application (for example, applications for family members), you may send one receipt to cover all applications. Mail the receipt (if applicable) and all applications together in one envelope so that they will be processed together.)

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Hello xzb33

I must say you worry too much. If you sent all applications in one envelop then all the applications will be processed together. You see your name in e-case and that means all the applications you sent together are in process now. I sent 3 applications together and can only see my name in the e-case. However, the AOR that i received clearly says applications for 2 adults and 1 child. So wait for your AOR letter and you will be satisfied. But I assure you that applications for yourself and your wife are in process now. So you must be happy.

xzb33 said:

but I sent two files - "family application " (me and my wife in the same envelope)
any explanation
-----------------
I have Question,

I mean do my wife has to sign one copy ? cause I sent both files in the same envelope
-------------
from CIC website (If you are sending more than one application (for example, applications for family members), you may send one receipt to cover all applications. Mail the receipt (if applicable) and all applications together in one envelope so that they will be processed together.)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay! I am also able to see my e-Cas now! Feeling of relief. :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peoples_champ said:
Checked my ecas today after almost a month and it was updated with the following:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 9, 2014.

I went through my inbox but couldn't find any email from CIC. Is this normal? Do I need to contact CIC and ask for the acknowledgement.

Thanks.
You won't receive an e-mail. Most communication by CIC are carried out by regular mail. It may take a couple of days(or weeks) for you to receive it.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
xzb33 said:

any explanation
-----------------
I have Question,

-------------
You will not see your wife status login in as yourself only yours obviously. To see your wife's status you need to login (same way you logged in yourself) using her id number (her pr card xxxx-xxxx)