+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2013 APPLICATIONS

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
A quick question on the employment letter provided to CIC.

Background: I was hired with my current employer in July 2012. I was then promoted to a another title in Sept 2013 (promotion was based on performance). The letter specifically listed that both roles are Noc. 2171 and say that both roles have same responsibilities (followed by the listing all of the duties). I'm still working with this company. My question is regarding the salary. Employer quoted my current salary in the letter (which is a little higher than what I earned before promotion). I also submitted NOA and T4 for 2012 (2013 T4s are not out yet for anyone).

Do you think there will be any problem as T4 and NOA is based on my salary last year? The 'eligible' work experience for CEC would be from July 2012 to present.

sairaj2311

Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
06-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
10-Dec-2013
Hello Friends

CIC received my papers on 04-Nov & I am awaiting ACK

I got a call from someone from Immigration - Initially, they verified all my details (including my present address, passport no. etc...) & then they transferred my call to some case officer!

Once again my details were verified. I was told that my IOC update from India (Canadian Embassy, Newdelhi, India) is pending & I need to update it either by travelling back to india with my family (or) I can update it here itself in canada. Person who called, told me to go to a nearest Canada Post office and fill up a form and remit CAD 1575 for myself and my wife & son for IOC updates. Called no. in my mobile reads as '+85691801619' & I need to do it very urgently before today EOD & without that my PR application cannot be processed!!. I am more than confident its a 'Hoax call' - but how come they know my mobile no., passport details & present address etc!!

Does anyone has the same experiene as me - Please post it so that others will be cautious - Many Thanks!!

Raj

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sairaj2311 said:
Hello Friends

CIC received my papers on 04-Nov & I am awaiting ACK

I got a call from someone from Immigration - Initially, they verified all my details (including my present address, passport no. etc...) & then they transferred my call to some case officer!

Once again my details were verified. I was told that my IOC update from India (Canadian Embassy, Newdelhi, India) is pending & I need to update it either by travelling back to india with my family (or) I can update it here itself in canada. Person who called, told me to go to a nearest Canada Post office and fill up a form and remit CAD 1575 for myself and my wife & son for IOC updates. Called no. in my mobile reads as '+85691801619' & I need to do it very urgently before today EOD & without that my PR application cannot be processed!!. I am more than confident its a 'Hoax call' - but how come they know my mobile no., passport details & present address etc!!

Does anyone has the same experiene as me - Please post it so that others will be cautious - Many Thanks!!

Raj
Look into this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fake-canadian-immigration-team-t173539.0.html

You're not the first one to receive that call.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Guys, please all read thru that thread. It's for your own safety!!

>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fake-canadian-immigration-team-t173539.0.html

sairaj2311

Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
06-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
10-Dec-2013
Thanks Toby

I just dropped a mail to Citizenship-fraud-tips@cic.gc.ca, Contact@cbsa.gc.ca, - safer side!!

Raj

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A quick question. I sent my application on 6th Nov and received on 12th Nov by CIC. They have changed document checklist on 8th Nov, but I have sent old checklist with form (Downloaded on 5th Nov). Will this be a problem?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
A quick question. I sent my application on 6th Nov and received on 12th Nov by CIC. They have changed document checklist on 8th Nov, but I have sent old checklist with form (Downloaded on 5th Nov). Will this be a problem?
No, shouldn't be a problem. I also submitted an older version of a form with my application but received the AOR.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
No, shouldn't be a problem. I also submitted an older version of a form with my application but received the AOR.
Thanks Toby, technically my application delivered on the first day after rule changed as 9th,10th and 11th was holiday and my application delivered on 12th Nov.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
Thanks Toby, technically my application delivered on the first day after rule changed as 9th,10th and 11th was holiday and my application delivered on 12th Nov.
Correct, and since you sent your application before the rules were updated, they can't theoretically
expect the updated form in your package. They might ask for updated versions tho.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Correct, and since you sent your application before the rules were updated, they can't theoretically
expect the updated form in your package. They might ask for updated versions tho.
Only form they have changed is Document checklist. I don't think it is required to resent.
And in that they are asking to put NOC code in reference letter(if known to employer) and to mask SIN number.
Even if we are not doing that, it should not be a problem. What do you think?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
Only form they have changed is Document checklist. I don't think it is required to resent.
And in that they are asking to put NOC code in reference letter(if known to employer) and to mask SIN number.
No, that's fine if you don't mask it out. Haven't done it either.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
skm12345 said:
NO it wont be a problem..and employers prefer not to write NOC

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Hello Iam_Toby,
Need some suggestions...
Since I've applied for CEC on NOV 04,2013 which successfully reached CIO on NOV 08, 2013 (YES, one day before the new eligibility changes were made effective (i.e. NOV 09,2013)).

Since, I've filled & signed off my application with the latest forms available online on CIC's website. And now what I see is the Document Checklist (IMM 5610) & Economic Clases (IMM 0008 Schedule 8) got revised.

My Question is that is it fine if my application have older version of the forms mentioned above. Since, I follow many forums and read many places that we should make sure that the forms are up-to-date while applying.

Also, Both the forms shows that it got updated in October 2013 (Left-Bottom Corner) of the form.

But as far as I know (101% Sure) they updated CEC's Eligibility on CIC's website on NOV 10, 2013. i.e. the very next day there was announcement for the changes.

Do I need to worry ??

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
rinkupatel.dmj said:
Hello Iam_Toby,
Need some suggestions...
Since I've applied for CEC on NOV 04,2013 which successfully reached CIO on NOV 08, 2013 (YES, one day before the new eligibility changes were made effective (i.e. NOV 09,2013)).

Since, I've filled & signed off my application with the latest forms available online on CIC's website. And now what I see is the Document Checklist (IMM 5610) & Economic Clases (IMM 0008 Schedule 8) got revised.

My Question is that is it fine if my application have older version of the forms mentioned above. Since, I follow many forums and read many places that we should make sure that the forms are up-to-date while applying.

Also, Both the forms shows that it got updated in October 2013 (Left-Bottom Corner) of the form.

But as far as I know (101% Sure) they updated CEC's Eligibility on CIC's website on NOV 10, 2013. i.e. the very next day there was announcement for the changes.

Do I need to worry ??
Should be fine.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rinkupatel.dmj said:
Hello Iam_Toby,
Need some suggestions...

Do I need to worry ??
You are safe.
I agree with you, form was changed after 8th Nov only. I sent my application on 6th Nov and used old version of these forms as only those were available on their website till 6th Nov. My application reached on 12th Nov, so at least you are safer than me.