+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2012 Applications

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
The only reason I put the forms online is, that I got asked like a gazillion times on how to fill out the
biodata form. As some users don't have access to a scanner and cant print, fill out and scan the form. That's
why I uploaded the fillable form to my website.

However, you've made a good point there, and I will implement a pop-up after clicking on the two links
to the forms that informs users about possible changes, and that the form is only to be used after reuqrested by CIC.
Mr Toby,

They fill out the forms the same way you fill out other non fillable CIC forms - by printing them off. You can do as you wish but my personal opinion is that there is no need to have this on the site. When CIC send the form people can print the form, fill it out, scan or take a picture of it, and return.

Anyone who has submitted an application can do the above, even if they need to go to an internet cafe! :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Mr Toby,

They fill out the forms the same way you fill out other non fillable CIC forms - by printing them off. You can do as you wish but my personal opinion is that there is no need to have this on the site. When CIC send the form people can print the form, fill it out, scan or take a picture of it, and return.

Anyone who has submitted an application can do the above, even if they need to go to an internet cafe! :)
Removed the links, I'll be sending them out whenever someone asks for it.

However, don't agree with the internet cafe part. It's easier for everyone to simply
fill out my PDF version, safe it and email it back to CIC than going through all the hassle with printing,
filling out and scanning the document.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Removed the links, I'll be sending them out whenever someone asks for it.

However, don't agree with the internet cafe part. It's easier for everyone to simply
fill out my PDF version, safe it and email it back to CIC than going through all the hassle with printing,
filling out and scanning the document.
If you disagree no need to remove the links. I was just sharing my opinion.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
very true toby, no need to remove the links just because one person did not like them...

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
yahoo7 said:
very true toby, no need to remove the links just because one person did not like them...
actually agree with both... if CIC is sending a form in a certain way, then one should be following that process.

on the other hand, the internet cafe....not really secure, as you could forget a document, or its left pooled in the printer with all your info on it.

but a nice effort to help people out, nonetheless!! :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC2013 said:
actually agree with both... if CIC is sending a form in a certain way, then one should be following that process.

on the other hand, the internet cafe....not really secure, as you could forget a document, or its left pooled in the printer with all your info on it.

but a nice effort to help people out, nonetheless!! :)
It's not secure but my point was, as a last resort, people have options.

I'm just a bit funny when it comes to adaption of official forms, especially ones that CIC don't already have on their own website.

If they change or if CIC start to receive forms in a different format to what they expect, it could, potentially, cause some issues.

It may not cause any problems, but I always think it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to this stuff.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jsm0085 said:
If they change or if CIC start to receive forms in a different format to what they expect, it could, potentially, cause some issues.
It may not cause any problems, but I always think it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to this stuff.
No arguments there. And also, what if CIC changes the form and nobody notices. Then there's a bunch of different documents flying around.

Anyways, still a nice effort to try and help people out! :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC2013 said:
No arguments there. And also, what if CIC changes the form and nobody notices. Then there's a bunch of different documents flying around.

Anyways, still a nice effort to try and help people out! :)
Totally.

+1 for Mr Toby's hard work! :)

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Back to MR, rprf etc :)

Active members still waiting for MR, what's in your gcms? Anything that is causing delay. I saw 2 MR for dec yesterday. I'm assuming that many others in the tracker are inactive since a long time.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The other thing we all need to remember is the extensive wait times don't mean anything is wrong with our applications. A lot of the time the applications just sit there, with nothing happening, as CIC work load is so great.

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
Just got my RPRF and Biodata requests in email this morning!

8 calendar days after I got my MR.

The email started like this: "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. "

So it sounds like security, criminality check are still ongoing? For those who got RPRF and Biodata requests recently (sashali78, cecnov2012, SunBun and anyone else) , did you see similar wording in your email?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snuffles said:
Just got my RPRF and Biodata requests in email this morning!

8 calendar days after I got my MR.

The email started like this: "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. "

So it sounds like security, criminality check are still ongoing? For those who got RPRF and Biodata requests recently (sashali78, cecnov2012, SunBun and anyone else) , did you see similar wording in your email?
It's been pretty standard since Jan. I don't think it means they are all pending, they are just doing it incase the process takes a bit longer for any reason. Criminality is likely to be complete and MR are at least underway... Security is the funny one because we don't have any idea of what they actually do or when! :)

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
jsm0085 said:
It's been pretty standard since Jan. I don't think it means they are all pending, they are just doing it incase the process takes a bit longer for any reason. Criminality is likely to be complete and MR are at least underway... Security is the funny one because we don't have any idea of what they actually do or when! :)
Are you saying you have seen other people mentioned the same wording in the RPRF and Biodata requests? I would like to know that in order to manage my expectations.

Anyone who recently received RPRF and Biodata requests please also chime in, thanks!

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Yes.. same standard content
"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. "

The request for Biodata and RPRF fee is not seperate but same mail with multiple attachments

snuffles said:
Are you saying you have seen other people mentioned the same wording in the RPRF and Biodata requests? I would like to know that in order to manage my expectations.

Anyone who recently received RPRF and Biodata requests please also chime in, thanks!

snuffles

Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 14, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 9, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
sunbun said:
Yes.. same standard content
"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. "

The request for Biodata and RPRF fee is not seperate but same mail with multiple attachments
Hmm that's interesting. In the request I got today there were no attachments... All instructions were in the plain email even including the Biodata form... See below:

We require confirmation of this information for yourself and each accompanying family member. Please complete the below form “Biodata” and return it to us by email at OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca .

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:

· Go to the website: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

· Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed

· Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”

· You must pay this fee once for yourself as principal applicant

· You must also pay this fee for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if you have one

· Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490

· Click “Submit”

· Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.

You must send the receipt to CPP-O. For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPPO-Cost-Recovery @ cic.gc.ca .

Then at the end of the email there is the Biodata form (exactly the same as what Toby posted on his site except in plain html and not pdf)