Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
Can SOMEONE confirm if this really affects US? I read here and took from this that it doesn't affect my Visa Office (Ukraine)

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1169105/media-advisory-canada-s-professional-association-of-foreign-service-officers-announce-immediate-withdrawal-of-services-at-key-international-posts-and-

I know some VO's are affected (London, Buenos Aires, Santiago).

I think this absolutely terrible for any family affected by this strike. Talk about holding people by the balls. It's brutal.
I don't care what the situation is, when we're talking about keeping families apart, it's unforgiveable when sponsorships are held up by greedy employees. How many Visa Officers would enjoy being away from their families longer because some greedy dickhead wants a bit more coin? I can fault the government for this gap in salaries though. There's 2 sides to blame.

The process for my wife and I has been long enough and delayed enough by B.S in Mississauga that happened for some of our fellow November applicants. And, taking a freaking MONTH for the documents to get to our Visa Office. AND, then the documents sat for over 2 1/2 months at our Visa Office. And we're just sitting on our thumbs waiting for these people who hold such authority to tell us if we really love each other legitmately??????????????

I tell ya, we're all learning patience through this. We'll never forget the pain of waiting all our lives.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
IslandAnnie said:
Quote from: bscinto92 on June 07, 2013, 06:49:22 pm
Uh oh whobis on strike?

The people that process our applications :-(
I am one of the keepers of the Ottawa spreadsheet, and I know of at least one person who got PPR yesterday, so it's not clear what's going on at CPP-Ottawa. It could be that only some people are striking, or they are doing a work slow-down, or rolling strikes.

I've been waiting close to 100 days after PPR for my family's visas, so I'll be really unhappy if there's a strike that shuts down CPP-Ottawa entirely. Despite that, I'd be happy for the foreign service workers to get pay equity.

Or, at least, all of them but the VO who has made my family wait so long for their visas! 8)

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
Thats no good and totally not fair... what happens if you already got your ppr and your eCAS says decision made? Do you still get cauht up in it?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
bscinto92 said:
Thats no good and totally not fair... what happens if you already got your ppr and your eCAS says decision made? Do you still get cauht up in it?
Definitely possible. The COPR could be sitting on your VO's desk, ready to mail, and if the VO is striking, it's going to stay on the VO's desk until the strike is over.

Samary

Jun 9, 2013
Hi Guys,

Please be advice that the VO offices are on working strike, the strike does not affect our application processing, according to them. I got am email from London office asking for additional document on June 6th (Thursday). According to the VO offices affected, they will only be working their regular hours and there will not be overtime or any job outside their job describtion.

Let relax and hope to hear good news from them before the end of June.

Cheers.

Samary

Jun 9, 2013
Hi Brazilian Girl, can you please updates my spreedsheet?

Application received: 16/11/2012
Meds done: 22/10/2012
Sponsorship approved and file transffered: 31/01/2013
VO: London
Additional Document requested: 06/06/2013.

Thanks.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Samary said:
Hi Guys,

Please be advice that the VO offices are on working strike, the strike does not affect our application processing, according to them. I got am email from London office asking for additional document on June 6th (Thursday). According to the VO offices affected, they will only be working their regular hours and there will not be overtime or any job outside their job describtion.

Let relax and hope to hear good news from them before the end of June.

Cheers.
This is great news! I'm just hoping that it doesn't make them lazy, or not want to do their jobs....

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
the whole thing is just ridiculous... just when i thought i was almost there. i really hope it doesnt delay it any longer than the rest of this month.

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
Today, I celebrate sharing the same birthday with my wife. Just wanted to share this special fact with everyone! It's the best time of my life to know I will be with her very soon!!! Cheers to all my fellow Novemberites! Hoping for the best news for each of us. :)

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Well we got a response back from London today to a Case Specific Inquiry! So maybe all hope isn't lost...

Original Email:

Title: xxx, Owen
Name of Applicant:xxx, Owen
DOB of Applicant: xxx
Nationality: British citizen
File Number or Client ID Number: xxxx
Telephone number: xxxx
Type of Application: Permanent Residence in Canada

Name of Requester: xxx, Katelyn
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: xxx
Consultant CSIC No.:

Request: Hello; I am just enquiring as to the status of our application. You had requested to send additional documents which as of Friday June 7th, you will have had for four weeks. I know that the email sent stated to wait up to four months, but we just want to make sure that you have received the documents. They were sent via email as well as registered mail. It would be very helpful in putting our minds at ease if you could confirm the documents have been received and are awaiting processing. Thank you for your help, Katelyn xxx

Response:

Good morning,

The documents were received and the application remains under review.

We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of the application.

Kind regards,
CDD

Maybe this will give them a kick in the butt to get things finished up!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
SO.....

as im sitting here reading replies on this forum.... the mailman rings my doorbell. and he has a big yellow envelope in hand that was addressed to me......

i have officially received my copr!!!! it actually happened. i am going to live in canada by the end of this month!!!! i don't even know what to do right now i'm so excited, i dont even know who to tell frst! my husband is at work.... my dad is in florida.... my friends are at work.... so i figured since i was on here i would tell of you wonderful people that i made it!! and also to give you some more hope, your time will come i promise, and thats coming from someone who was so worried about every little thing on their application. i can tell you are all very genuine people and that it's just a matter of how quick your mail carrier is! lol, somehow i lucked out there. wow. i really dont know what else to say but wow... i am amazed that this wait is over. its had its rough spots, and it felt like forever.... but it's DONE. FINALLY. now alls i gotta do is wait for my dad to get back so he can drive me and my kitten up there! lol : ) i will keep all of you updated with my landing and such! good luck to all the rest, i know its so much easier said than done, but be happy.... if youve made it this far youi can make it to the end : )

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
OMG!

I disappeared for 2 weeks and there´s a bunch of great updates!!! Should I disappear for a little longer then? Hehehee

People, I´m so very happy for all of you!!! I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes! It´s amazing to see the time to be reunited with loved ones is coming! And coming quite fast.

Hopefully my time will come soon as well!

Much love to all of you, good luck to us still waiting, and happy happy landing!!! =]

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Samary said:
Hi Brazilian Girl, can you please updates my spreedsheet?

Application received: 16/11/2012
Meds done: 22/10/2012
Sponsorship approved and file transffered: 31/01/2013
VO: London
Additional Document requested: 06/06/2013.

Thanks.
Welcome to our spreadsheet!
Thanks a lot for the info about the strike. Some people from my VO are also getting their COPR. I´m so thankful and happy!
May I ask what extra docs they required from you?

Cheers!

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
dayver1331 said:
Today, I celebrate sharing the same birthday with my wife. Just wanted to share this special fact with everyone! It's the best time of my life to know I will be with her very soon!!! Cheers to all my fellow Novemberites! Hoping for the best news for each of us. :)
Happy birthday to both of you! Happy soon you´ll be able to celebrate it together!
My fiance´s bday is in July 26th. I really really hope to be able to be there to celebrate it with him!!!

All my best wishes!!

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
bscinto92 CONGRATULATIONS! Yayyyy!!!! I'm really happy for you! You're almost done and landing is the easiest part! Trust me, I was worried about pretty much everything on our application too :)

BrazilianGirl: hahaa maybe it's worth trying, stay away for another few weeks and let's see how many of our group gets their COPR ;) Kidding!! Welcome back though :) And I hope it won't be that long until you and the rest of November applicants get their DM! :)