Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
jainanchal said:
Good Morning All,

On a realistic note, how long should you wait before you apply for GCMS Notes?
What are GCMS Notes and what are they for?

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
sfp123 said:
Great news!!!

My partner got her passport request today, by email. (We are Canadian and American, applying through the Ottawa office). Hoooray!! It looks from the timelines I've seen like we can expect her actual visa to be issued within the next 30-60 days. Which is amazing and awesome and means that she can actually look for paying work when she gets here.

I hope that you all get good news soon too!!!
YAY! Congrats! I hope you guys can stay together very soon! =D

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
sfp123 said:
Great news!!!

My partner got her passport request today, by email. (We are Canadian and American, applying through the Ottawa office). Hoooray!! It looks from the timelines I've seen like we can expect her actual visa to be issued within the next 30-60 days. Which is amazing and awesome and means that she can actually look for paying work when she gets here.

I hope that you all get good news soon too!!!
Congrats thats amazing news you must be so happy!!!!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
Congratulations sfp123!!! that's great to hear that a Canadian/US couple got their passport request already! I was told by someone else that US/Canadian applicants don't get passport requests, unless i read it wrong. can someone just let me know what the truth on that is? i'm also curious where is your partner coming from in the united states? or is it you that is moving to canada? I am coming from connecticut : ) I have a 2 week vacation planned for the end of may, i wonder what happens in i get the passport request before that or if i get it during my stay in Canada... hoepfully i have enough to where I can just send it in when i get back to the US from Canada.

also BrazilianGirl, GCMS Notes are notes that the visa officer makes about your file, ive been told its mainly to see if they've found any red flags in your application.

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
katelynlc said:
Yep - stage one approval Nov 26 but nothing new as of yet. And just checked ECAS this morning and no update. Bah humbug.
wow, that was quick - took 3 months for my stage 1!

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
bscinto92 said:
Congratulations sfp123!!! that's great to hear that a Canadian/US couple got their passport request already! I was told by someone else that US/Canadian applicants don't get passport requests, unless i read it wrong. can someone just let me know what the truth on that is? i'm also curious where is your partner coming from in the united states? or is it you that is moving to canada? I am coming from connecticut : ) I have a 2 week vacation planned for the end of may, i wonder what happens in i get the passport request before that or if i get it during my stay in Canada... hoepfully i have enough to where I can just send it in when i get back to the US from Canada.

also BrazilianGirl, GCMS Notes are notes that the visa officer makes about your file, ive been told its mainly to see if they've found any red flags in your application.
Can/US couples get passport requests....but for US passport holders it is a request for a COPY of the passport. You don't have to send the original passport like folks from non-visa exempt countries.

MrsN

Mar 28, 2013
Ms Malawi said:
Hello Mrs. N, Its a long process. Be sure to click on application received every once in awhile to see if there are updates such as medical received or interview scheduled or anything. I am also through Pretoria, and as I have gathered its a pretty quiet process until there is movement on your application. Use the forum to gather insight and to ask questions.

If you would like to be added to the spreadsheet please provide the date when your sponsorship approval was received and when you sent in your application. I will add you for sure! Always good to see others going through Pretoria! :)
Hi Ms Malawi
Just wanted to find out something from you. I notice you received AOR from Pretoria in February. Am just curios ie what did the actually say and do you know how long they take to process the applications once there are in Pretoria? It looks you are almost there now. We were delayed by the medical as they gave us 60 days ie by March to send medical. My husband did it immediately and sent if off to the officer in CPP Ottawa. Many thanks

mal89

Feb 28, 2013
Hi guys!
Ms Malawi we received an email saying that we can pick up our documents on 3 April. They told us that everything is ready so we arranged a courier because we're staying in Canada at this moment and applied from Poland. The courier gave us our supporting documents in one envelope and in another there was a letter and information accompanying the confirmation of PR and 2 copies of confirmation of permanent residence (one is with a photo). The point is there is no plastic card so I'm wondering when the plastic card is given? We planned to travel to US border but we searched for more info and one site says:
Whether your arrive by air or by land, you will first meet an offi­cer from the Canada Bor­der Ser­vices Agency (CBSA).

The offi­cer will ask to see:

Your pass­port
Your valid per­ma­nent res­i­dent visa
Your con­fir­ma­tion of per­ma­nent residence
We don't want to drive and then the officer would say he cannot do anything as there is no PR card. Do you have any idea what all this means?
Thank so much!

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
mal89 said:
Hi guys!
Ms Malawi we received an email saying that we can pick up our documents on 3 April. They told us that everything is ready so we arranged a courier because we're staying in Canada at this moment and applied from Poland. The courier gave us our supporting documents in one envelope and in another there was a letter and information accompanying the confirmation of PR and 2 copies of confirmation of permanent residence (one is with a photo). The point is there is no plastic card so I'm wondering when the plastic card is given? We planned to travel to US border but we searched for more info and one site says:
Whether your arrive by air or by land, you will first meet an offi­cer from the Canada Bor­der Ser­vices Agency (CBSA).

The offi­cer will ask to see:

Your pass­port
Your valid per­ma­nent res­i­dent visa
Your con­fir­ma­tion of per­ma­nent residence
We don't want to drive and then the officer would say he cannot do anything as there is no PR card. Do you have any idea what all this means?
Thank so much!
Hello :)
You can definitely go to the border and complete your landing!!
You will require your passport which will have the PR visa inside
you will require the two copies of the confirmation of Permanent Residence -COPR
You will be given one back when you have completed your landing
the actual PR card will be sent to you in the mail in 4-6 weeks from landing... make sure you provide the correct mailing address when you land

Oh by the way... Congratulations... you are almost done :)

mal89

Feb 28, 2013
We had sent the scanned passport on Feb as this is what they required. I hope they got all right! So you think when crossing the border it's like you are actually a PR but still have to wait for about a month for the actual card? That means still month waiting for SIN number and health card ?

Thanks so much for your response! We just received the envelope right now but we are confused as we thought the plastic card is given immediately ::)

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
mal89 said:
We had sent the scanned passport on Feb as this is what they required. I hope they got all right! So you think when crossing the border it's like you are actually a PR but still have to wait for about a month for the actual card? That means still month waiting for SIN number and health card ?

Thanks so much for your response! We just received the envelope right now but we are confused as we thought the plastic card is given immediately ::)
Sorry... I did not realize the applicant was from a visa exempt country :)
Yes... when you cross the border you are officially a PR :)
You don't have to wait for the plastic PR card to apply for your SIN... you can use the COPR
Not sure about the health card as all provinces are a little different

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
Congratulations sfp123 :)

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
BrazilianGirl said:
What are GCMS Notes and what are they for?
it is like the log notes of what has been done on the application...each step by step in detail. it is generated from a system that CIC uses for maintaining and tracking applications.
GCMS stands for Global Case Management System...so at times if you are wondering on what all has happened so far without your file, it is a good thing to apply for...but again, what I have heard is, it takes about 30 days to get it....

lol, no escape from delay...

Jujubee

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
So its been 4 1/2 months since I sent in the application and when I went to go for my Medical exam on Nov 1st they said no I now have to wait until the form has been sent by CPP. So on April 2nd I sent an email to CPP-Ottawa asking if they had any further information and this afternoon April 10 I received the email with the request for my medical exam to be completed. Yes!!!! Hopefully the PR Visa is right around the corner. Whew the patience to even here this news was wearing thin.