+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
Now all of us, will have visa stamped on our passport although it’s single entry visa. Without valid visa stamped, even our home country immigration will not allow to board any international flight. Last week, my colleague travelled to USA on business visa using same flight till London and she was not asked for transit visa. So, there is lot of ambiguity on this topic, so raised enquiry with British embassy, hopefully will get response.
Now

Checked UK Govt website and found following information :-

Check if you need a UK visa
You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you’re exempt)

You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.

Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

• a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
Checked UK Govt website and found following information :-

Check if you need a UK visa
You’ll need a visa to pass through the UK in transit (unless you’re exempt)

You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.

Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

• a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)

As we have visa for Canada, we are exempted. If destination is other than 4 countries, then you need transit visa.

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Dear Friends,

Our family is flying to Halifax in 1st week of April 2018.I wish to seek advice from those who are in Halifax on following points :
1. Areas where we can get good budgetary rental accommodation(1-2 bedroom) with approx. rent.
2. Whether the accommodation provided on rent is generally a furnished accomodation and what types of facilities are included in it like bed, sofa sets, chairs, heating system, etc.
3. Do I need to bring blankets, quilts for next winter season from India only and can I book it through cargo if personnel baggage limit exceeds?
4. Any sample of the list of articles to be brought along while travelling to Halifax. Do I need to keep the bills/Invoices of the items for declaring value or an approx. reasonable value will suffice?

I look forward to advice from seniors who have already gone through above process.

Warm Regards.

Sany

Dear Sany,

Good to hear that your are moving in April first week,2018 .I am also in the same boat. I confirmed my Air Ticket in April 7,2018. through Emirates.
I am also finding the answers of the queries that you asked.
I have one confusion in my mind which I want to share...

Though I received Passport with visas and COPR's for me along with my family members timely and accurately,still in my EE profile welcome page, it shows action required. I thought it would be changed after receiving all documents. But it did not. Will it create any problem in future or I can just ignore it?

I will be grateful if you anyone just clarify or suggest me at this stage?

Best Regards,
Shakhawet

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
Dear Sany,

Good to hear that your are moving in April first week,2018 .I am also in the same boat. I confirmed my Air Ticket in April 7,2018. through Emirates.

Though I received Passport with visas and COPR's for me along with my family members timely and accurately,still in my EE profile welcome page, it shows action required. I thought it would be changed after receiving all documents. But it did not. Will it create any problem in future or I can just ignore it?

Best Regards,
Shakhawet
Do not worry about the status in your profile.

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
I have one question regarding transit visa requirements at London Heathrow airport. I will be travelling by British airways on route Bangalore -> London -> Toronto -> Halifax.

In London, flight from Bangalore will land at Terminal 5 and next flight to Toronto is after 4.5 hours from same terminal.

Do I need any transit visa for changing flights in London?

Kindly provide your inputs whoever has travelled 1st time to Canada through London, as currently PR card is not available, only you have is IM-1 single entry visa.

I think there is lot of ambiguity on this topic.
The simple answer to this ues is NO.

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Dear Sany,

Best Regards,
Shakhawet
Dear Shakhawet,

It is indeed a great news that you are also travelling in 1st week of April'18. Infact. I am flying on 5th April 2018 with my family from Delhi to Toronto and then to Halifax through Air Canada.

I don't think that the status shown as "Action required" has any relevance after getting PPR and COPR. It appears to be action relating to your landing in Halifax.

Which area, you are planning to take the house on rent ? Any contacts made so far !!
How are you are preparing the list of articles and how about sending the heavy articles comprising of bedding like quilts,bed-sheets, pillows etc. through cargo ?

Regards,

Sany

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Dear Shakhawet,

It is indeed a great news that you are also travelling in 1st week of April'18. Infact. I am flying on 5th April 2018 with my family from Delhi to Toronto and then to Halifax through Air Canada.

I don't think that the status shown as "Action required" has any relevance after getting PPR and COPR. It appears to be action relating to your landing in Halifax.

Which area, you are planning to take the house on rent ? Any contacts made so far !!
How are you are preparing the list of articles and how about sending the heavy articles comprising of bedding like quilts,bed-sheets, pillows etc. through cargo ?

Regards,

Sany

Dear Sany,

I am traveling from Dhaka to Dubai and Dubai to Toronto through Emirates and Toronto to Halifax.(westjet).
Area I am looking for to rent One bedroom apartment in Halifax downtown South end or Clayton park

I am contacting two relatives of mine one is living in Downtown and another in clayton park and they are doing the necessary arrangement to rent apartment on behalf of me.

I am preparing the list of articles just as per their recommendation.. share u details later.

Take care
Shakhawet

Reactions: sanygair

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
8 months have passed for me. They replied this to me today after emailing them several times.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent email inquiry received at the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised your file is pending officer’s review. At present no action is required on your part.

Once the review is complete, our office will contact you with further instructions.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

Can someone shed some light on this reply. What stage exactly has my application reached?

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
8 months have passed for me. They replied this to me today after emailing them several times.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent email inquiry received at the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised your file is pending officer’s review. At present no action is required on your part.

Once the review is complete, our office will contact you with further instructions.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

Can someone shed some light on this reply. What stage exactly has my application reached?
Wooh!atleast they replied to your email, think it’s in progress as they’ve have said in the mail. Good newsboys is there is no negative in this. Hope we both will get our PPR soon.
Br,
G

wkde01

Sep 28, 2017
Hello, I just applied Express Entry Experience stream.
I got automated email that

Thank you for submitting a Nominee Program application. It has been submitted for a completeness check.

If the application passes our completeness check, it will be placed in the queue for assessment and you will receive a case identification number by email.

If the application does not pass our completeness check, it will not be assessed and the file will be closed. You will receive an email noting why the application was considered incomplete. Please address the identified issues before submitting another application.

If you have any questions, please visit our website at http://novascotiaimmigration.com

How long usually takes for completeness check?

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Now all of us, will have visa stamped on our passport although it’s single entry visa. Without valid visa stamped, even our home country immigration will not allow to board any international flight. Last week, my colleague travelled to USA on business visa using same flight till London and she was not asked for transit visa. So, there is lot of ambiguity on this topic, so raised enquiry with British embassy, hopefully will get response.
Now
Business visa is still accepted since it is stamped on the passport and valid. People on H-1B without any other valid visa stamped on their passport will face challenges. As you mentioned in your following reply, you should not have issues if you have valid visa stamped for Canada on your foreign passport.

Ishie23

Dec 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

The journey for our Canada PR application ended today as we received our COPRs and passports. A total of 774 days to be exact and looking back it was one heck of a rollercoaster ride.

Started to apply last 2014 for Express Entry, package was returned due to quota being reached.
Tried again under PNP stream, NS received our package December 18, 2015.

A lot has happened but God is faithful, His plans is always better than ours. To those still waiting, do not lose hope.

We will land this June. I hope to meet all you there in time. Thank you again to all who unselfishly answered our queries and shared their knowledge.

God bless us all.

... and the journey to citizenship will commence...

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
Thanks mapreetcan.....for your quick response...actually what makes this mismatch..do you have any idea that you can share.? As I did everything perfectly..why it is showing ?

Best Regards,
Shakhawet
I do not know the specific reason behind this....But for me its also the same.