+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Srividya

Feb 6, 2017
SDKD said:
I think it will open in june or after that...I not sure.
Basic documents are your IELTS, Educational Assessment from WES, POF(proof of fund), your travel details, experience certificates, birth certificate , marriage certificate etc.

SDKD
Thank you very much

Srividya

Feb 6, 2017
tammypatel said:
Srividya detailed information about documents and process, eligibility requirements is available on nova scotia immigration website, request you to kindly refer the same.
Thank u

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
GSHARMA05 said:
Thanks Kishore , it was really wise that you did PCC stuff in advance. But now I am afraid what will happen as seeing your time lines and predicting mine , below are my ques, please suggest
Que 1: i have applied for FBI PCC on 8th April (think it will come somewhere around 8 July) which will be more than 90 days time. What should i do now, can i provide state clearance and some receipt number for FBI PCC.

Que2 : For India PCC (SFO embassy) can i go in person and submit and take it hand to hand and how much time it will take. I called them and they said it will take 10-15 days , but seeing your time line it also took more than 60 days.

Que3: For medical i saw there is no authorized center in my state so i am planning to go to seattle and get it done. What all docs do i need to take and how much time and expense it will cost approx. And do they send it directly to CIC or they will give it to me and i have to send .

Please suggest what steps should i follow.

Br,
G
I was going through the FBI website and happen to learn about the Expedited Process of getting the FBI PCC through the "FBI Approved Channeler". Has anyone thought of going through the Channeler for quicker FBI Report?

rckish450

Dec 1, 2015
GSHARMA05 said:
Thanks Kishore , it was really wise that you did PCC stuff in advance. But now I am afraid what will happen as seeing your time lines and predicting mine , below are my ques, please suggest
Que 1: i have applied for FBI PCC on 8th April (think it will come somewhere around 8 July) which will be more than 90 days time. What should i do now, can i provide state clearance and some receipt number for FBI PCC.

Que2 : For India PCC (SFO embassy) can i go in person and submit and take it hand to hand and how much time it will take. I called them and they said it will take 10-15 days , but seeing your time line it also took more than 60 days.

Que3: For medical i saw there is no authorized center in my state so i am planning to go to seattle and get it done. What all docs do i need to take and how much time and expense it will cost approx. And do they send it directly to CIC or they will give it to me and i have to send .

Please suggest what steps should i follow.

Br,
G
Hi G,

I'll try to answer your questions, the best I can. But, any other senior's valuable inputs on these will be helpful as well.
[Kishore]: I would suggest you to apply for State PCC as well, which is relatively a simple process and you will get it within a week.
As per FBI website, they say the current processing time is 12-14 weeks. This can be a neck to neck situation. Plz see below link
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
However, with State PCC and FBI application receipt, I'm assuming that you can buy some time and I'm sure the Case officer will come back to you for the FBI clearance and by then you should have it with you.

[Kishore]: I'm not sure of the SFO embassy. But, the way it worked at Houston embassy was that, I went in person to apply for PCC and submitted a form for the same. They said, they'll send it to Hyderabad (my passport issued location) for clearance. So, they basically sent an email to Hyderabad RPO for clearance. In my case, Hyderabad RPO delayed sending back the response. Hence, it took long for me. Else, I've seen people getting India PCC within 2 weeks. I would suggest you to visit your nearest embassy asap.

[Kishore]: I'm assuming you are in California (based on SFO embassy above) or may be you will be visiting Indian Embassy in SFO, coz you are in one of these States - AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY.
If this is the case, I found that there is an authorized center near to SFO and can save your trip to Seattle.
Below is the address. I hope you referred this link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

City: Berkeley
Name: Timothy Fitzer
Address: Berkley Family Medical Centre,
2636 Telegraph Avenue,
California
94704-3322
Telephone: 510-841-1647
Spoken Languages: English, Spanish

Make sure to check with them if they do eMedical, so that they can directly send the results to CIC.
Since I did upfront medical, I just took Passport, DL, a print out of of my AOR (just to give them my Case#) and filled up a form at the doctor's office. It costed me around $330 per head (I forgot the exact number though).

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best and I'm sure you will get through all these.

Regards,
Kishore

rckish450

Dec 1, 2015
adigautam said:
I was going through the FBI website and happen to learn about the Expedited Process of getting the FBI PCC through the "FBI Approved Channeler". Has anyone thought of going through the Channeler for quicker FBI Report?
Hi Adi,

I did check that option, when I was applying for FBI PCC. We can go through the Channeler but the expedited process is applicable only if you are a Green Card holder or a US Citizen.
I'm here on H1 visa and was not eligible to apply in that category.

Regards,
Kishore

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
rckish450 said:
Hi Adi,

I did check that option, when I was applying for FBI PCC. We can go through the Channeler but the expedited process is applicable only if you are a Green Card holder or a US Citizen.
I'm here on H1 visa and was not eligible to apply in that category.

Regards,
Kishore
Hi Kishore,

I am currently in India and contacted a few fingerprinting agencies who claim to have contacts with one of these authorised channelers and will be able to provide the FBI Report in 2 weeks time. I too read on FBI website as well as the respective Channeler' website that the expedited process is for Citizens/GCs. I am confused as the regular process will take too long.

Regards,
Aditya

rckish450

Dec 1, 2015
adigautam said:
Hi Kishore,

I am currently in India and contacted a few fingerprinting agencies who claim to have contacts with one of these authorised channelers and will be able to provide the FBI Report in 2 weeks time. I too read on FBI website as well as the respective Channeler' website that the expedited process is for Citizens/GCs. I am confused as the regular process will take too long.

Regards,
Aditya
Hey Aditya,
I'm not sure of these agencies. May be they can do, may be not. But, i think its worth trying.

@GSHARMA05, plz check with the channelers serving your area, if you are eligible for expedited process.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

Best Regards,
Kishore

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Friends Please Advise....In the last stages of filling my PR Application

My spouse has done his MBA and BCom. We got an ECA from the University of Canada with his credentials assessed. I will be uploading his ECA along with copies of both MBA and BCom Degrees and Final Transcript..... Unfortunately, I don't know where we have misplaced the copy of his BCom Transcript for the Final Year( Its a 2 year Degree).

I only have the Transcript copy for his 1st Year....Should I

A) just upload the Degree for BCom as ECA has already been done
or
B)should I attach the 1st Year Marksheet only alongwith the Degree and keep searching for the Final Year Marksheet and send it later

I have the final Transcript for the MBA Degree and that's his highest Degree.

So worried....the Originals are in our Home Country and we are living and working in Kuwait at present....Please advise

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
pakimom said:
Friends Please Advise....In the last stages of filling my PR Application

My spouse has done his MBA and BCom. We got an ECA from the University of Canada with his credentials assessed. I will be uploading his ECA along with copies of both MBA and BCom Degrees and Final Transcript..... Unfortunately, I don't know where we have misplaced the copy of his BCom Transcript for the Final Year( Its a 2 year Degree).

I only have the Transcript copy for his 1st Year....Should I

A) just upload the Degree for BCom as ECA has already been done
or
B)should I attach the 1st Year Marksheet only alongwith the Degree and keep searching for the Final Year Marksheet and send it later

I have the final Transcript for the MBA Degree and that's his highest Degree.

So worried....the Originals are in our Home Country and we are living and working in Kuwait at present....Please advise
Hi Pakimom,

When I sent my application, I didn't send my wife's transcript. I don't even remember whether I forgot to send it, or it didn't strike to me that it's necessary or I thought it's unnecessary! She had done MSc Psychology and Bsc Nursing. I sent her Degree certs, mark lists, ECA and IELTS under her education section. So, I think for the spouse of primary applicant transcript can be excluded. Anyway, I sent my transcripts!

I was never asked during the processing to send anything additional.

Regards,

Luder

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Pls house can someone explain if it is admissible to get married on a visitor visa. Then, if someone files in for spouse, how long does it take to get spouse over to Canada? Finally, if one decides to get married before decision is made and include spouse, to what extent does it delay the PR application process and is spouse expected to show English language proficiency test scores aside PCC and Medicals?

Thanks

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
rckish450 said:
Hi G,

I'll try to answer your questions, the best I can. But, any other senior's valuable inputs on these will be helpful as well.
[Kishore]: I would suggest you to apply for State PCC as well, which is relatively a simple process and you will get it within a week.
As per FBI website, they say the current processing time is 12-14 weeks. This can be a neck to neck situation. Plz see below link
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
However, with State PCC and FBI application receipt, I'm assuming that you can buy some time and I'm sure the Case officer will come back to you for the FBI clearance and by then you should have it with you.

[Kishore]: I'm not sure of the SFO embassy. But, the way it worked at Houston embassy was that, I went in person to apply for PCC and submitted a form for the same. They said, they'll send it to Hyderabad (my passport issued location) for clearance. So, they basically sent an email to Hyderabad RPO for clearance. In my case, Hyderabad RPO delayed sending back the response. Hence, it took long for me. Else, I've seen people getting India PCC within 2 weeks. I would suggest you to visit your nearest embassy asap.

[Kishore]: I'm assuming you are in California (based on SFO embassy above) or may be you will be visiting Indian Embassy in SFO, coz you are in one of these States - AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY.
If this is the case, I found that there is an authorized center near to SFO and can save your trip to Seattle.
Below is the address. I hope you referred this link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

City: Berkeley
Name: Timothy Fitzer
Address: Berkley Family Medical Centre,
2636 Telegraph Avenue,
California
94704-3322
Telephone: 510-841-1647
Spoken Languages: English, Spanish

Make sure to check with them if they do eMedical, so that they can directly send the results to CIC.
Since I did upfront medical, I just took Passport, DL, a print out of of my AOR (just to give them my Case#) and filled up a form at the doctor's office. It costed me around $330 per head (I forgot the exact number though).

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best and I'm sure you will get through all these.

Regards,
Kishore
Hi Kishore,

Thanks a lot for such a valuable info for me . Its really helpful. I will apply for State PCC , by the way I am in OR only . SFO is the nearest one for India PCC for me . And will contact Berkley Medics. Hope everything comes straight . By the way are you done with all, including getting stamped visa. All the best for next steps.

Br,
G

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
rckish450 said:
Hey Aditya,
I'm not sure of these agencies. May be they can do, may be not. But, i think its worth trying.

@GSHARMA05, plz check with the channelers serving your area, if you are eligible for expedited process.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

Best Regards,
Kishore
Hi ,
Channelers are for citizens and GC's not for H1 :-[ .If you are in India you can give it a chance but make sure they are trust worthy and authorized. I wud suggest to visit them in person once atleast.

Br,
G

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Thank you Luder!!!

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Luder said:
Hi Funtell,

If you're ready with PCCs and meds then you've almost crossed the toughest part of the sea. POF is probably the most easiest one. And quickest too.

Here, there'll be some confusion. NSNP says bank statement for 6 months is sufficient but CIC will ask for bank letter and statement. Some will say it's bank relationship letter and some says it's called balance confirmation letter. I sent balance confirmation letter.

I'm just sharing this info just in case if you need it.

Yeah, when the going gets tough the tough gets going! Good song, yeah!?

All the best!

Luder

Dear Everyone,

I was absent for some days in this forum.Now I am back again.
I got ITA on March 24,2017. I have not submitted my E-Apr till now. I got PCC for me and my spouse couple of days ago.
I am just filling my E-apr right now.Is there any link where I can get step by step information to fill e-APr?
I have one query to filling e-APR:

I found three sections under my e-apr.One for me principal applicant,one for my spouse and one for my son. when filling my immediate family members part will I include my spouse or son name here as they are already in the application process? or I will put my father,mother,sister,brother information only?

BR,
Shakhawet

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
ritawallu said:
It would hardly take 10-15 days after the AOR.
I had submitted my ePR on 16th March 2017. Medicals were done upfront before submitting application but after 30 days. no change in application status including medical approval.

I heard medicals gets approved within 10-15 days.

Request veterans to provide their inputs - is there anything abnormal in my case? I already send inquiry to CIC call center but they may reply after 10 days.