+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

NB27

Oct 28, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm a 2 June applicant. Yesterday I got an email from NS as below:

"Thank you for your interest in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream.

Your application received on June 2, 2015 is entering the first stage of processing, which is completeness check. Before we move to that stage, the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration would like to confirm that one of the following has not occurred:

1) You have accepted an invitation to apply for Permanent Residency from Citizenship and Immigration Canada within the Express Entry System.

2) You have accepted a nomination from another province.

If none of the above has occurred please confirm if you wish to continue with your application.

Thank you,

NS Office of Immigration"

However, I already got nomination from another province and accepted ITA from CIC so I'm gonna withdraw my application.

I hope this news will give you some information. Good luck!

im_a_banker said:
Hi! Any news on what month are they processing now? Did they start processing june applicants? Thanks

limon01

Jan 14, 2016
Hi
I am new in the forum.

My application was received by NSOI on 17/03/2015. I received the AOR on 06/12/2015. Then they asked me some questions which I responded them and finally they sent me an e-mail indicating that they were prepared to nominee me if I withdraws my application for another province that I did long time ago. So my lawyer sent the requesting withdrawal to the other province and sent the evidence to NSOI as it was requested. This happened on 17/12/2015 (the deadline was 18/12/2015). However I have not received any new from NSOI yet.

Somebody know how long take the process of issuance the nomination? Somebody has the similar experience? There is any nomination received in 2016?

Cheers

dchazer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Hi,

A long wait for me for an Apr, 15 applicant and still a long way to go.
Received AOR on 7th Dec asking for a litany of supporting documents.
Collected and submitted all the required documents on 17th Dec, 2015 before the 21st Dec deadline.
Now waiting for a response from NS. Probably have to wait for at-least another 2 months i.e., end-of-feb.

Hope the response turns out to be a nomination!

im_a_banker

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-May-2016
AOR Received.
27-Jul-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Request
04-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
30-Jul-2016 (Med Passed)
Passport Req..
26-Aug-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2017
NB27 said:
Hi everyone, I'm a 2 June applicant. Yesterday I got an email from NS as below:

"Thank you for your interest in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream.

Your application received on June 2, 2015 is entering the first stage of processing, which is completeness check. Before we move to that stage, the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration would like to confirm that one of the following has not occurred:

1) You have accepted an invitation to apply for Permanent Residency from Citizenship and Immigration Canada within the Express Entry System.

2) You have accepted a nomination from another province.

If none of the above has occurred please confirm if you wish to continue with your application.

Thank you,

NS Office of Immigration"

However, I already got nomination from another province and accepted ITA from CIC so I'm gonna withdraw my application.

I hope this news will give you some information. Good luck!
Thanks for the info and congrats that you have received a nomination from other province.

victorhora

Jan 3, 2016
aru_nj said:
Sent a mail to your visa Office ,they will confirm

Good news! Received an e-mail from the Canadian Consulate in Brazil with request for passports! \o/

Just under 6 months! 5 months and 20 days to be precise. EE have not failed on me :)

So here's my updated status:

Application sent/received by NS Office of Immigration: 12/01/2015 - 14/01/2015
NSNP AOR: 03/04/2015
NSNP ADDITIONAL documents requested-provided: 04/06/2015 - 16/06/2015
NSNP Nomination: 23/06/2015

Application/AOR for CIC: 22/07/2015
CIC ADDITIONAL documents requested-provided: 31/07/2015 - 03/08/2015

Medicals passed: 08/10/2015
Background check started: 10/10/2015 - in progress

Request for passports: 14/01/2016

And like most said, it would happen: Although they requested the passwords, there's still no change on myCIC page. "Background check" and "Final decision has been reached" is still "In progress".

Some admin can update my status on the spreadsheets so others have a better idea of the timelines?

cennabit

Apr 13, 2015
victorhora said:
Good news! Received an e-mail from the Canadian Consulate in Brazil with request for passports! \o/

Just under 6 months! 5 months and 20 days to be precise. EE have not failed on me :)

So here's my updated status:

Application sent/received by NS Office of Immigration: 12/01/2015 - 14/01/2015
NSNP AOR: 03/04/2015
NSNP ADDITIONAL documents requested-provided: 04/06/2015 - 16/06/2015
NSNP Nomination: 23/06/2015

Application/AOR for CIC: 22/07/2015
CIC ADDITIONAL documents requested-provided: 31/07/2015 - 03/08/2015

Medicals passed: 08/10/2015
Background check started: 10/10/2015 - in progress

Request for passports: 14/01/2016

And like most said, it would happen: Although they requested the passwords, there's still no change on myCIC page. "Background check" and "Final decision has been reached" is still "In progress".

Some admin can update my status on the spreadsheets so others have a better idea of the timelines?
wow man, parabens! I know its that hard to get out of Brazil! Have you planned your trip? I believe we can set a BBQ in there ahahahahahhahahahhahaahahhahahhahah!
Congrats dude!

bhuwanshrestha

Jun 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have recently got pre-AOR email from NSOI asking to confirm for further processing, my app was received there on 3 June 2015.

However I am confused to see automated email reverted in my reply to NSOI stating "no any applications will be received since its halted for some time". I think this does't mean that my reply wont get entertained since that was automated reply.

Thanks to NSOI and hope positive reply with AOR after completeness check.

From,
Bhuwan Shrestha (on behalf of principal applicant: my spouse)

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
jack83 said:
PLEASE HELP!!
skilled worker work permit expires in February 2016 and I have applied for NS provincial nominee in November.
I received the email that they have received the application in December 2015.

When the work permit expires can I still work in Nova Scotia on the same job that I was hired?

What should I do?
What are the options?
When should I expect an answer for my application??

Thank you
Hello Jack83,

If you take my advise, please DO NOT continue to work in Canada after your Work Permit expires. If CIC ever gets to know or even the CBSA, they can issue you exclusion notice. It will even jeopardize your PR process.

(i) You should consult a lawyer for legal consultation on your case.
(ii) You can either choose to return to your home country or can check with CIC on the possibility of an extension of your stay
(iii) Currently NSOI is processing June application and as per their earlier communication, there is a backlog of around 9 months. I don't see any update your application before June this year.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Aditya

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limon01 said:
Hi
I am new in the forum.

My application was received by NSOI on 17/03/2015. I received the AOR on 06/12/2015. Then they asked me some questions which I responded them and finally they sent me an e-mail indicating that they were prepared to nominee me if I withdraws my application for another province that I did long time ago. So my lawyer sent the requesting withdrawal to the other province and sent the evidence to NSOI as it was requested. This happened on 17/12/2015 (the deadline was 18/12/2015). However I have not received any new from NSOI yet.

Somebody know how long take the process of issuance the nomination? Somebody has the similar experience? There is any nomination received in 2016?

Cheers
dchazer said:
Hi,

A long wait for me for an Apr, 15 applicant and still a long way to go.
Received AOR on 7th Dec asking for a litany of supporting documents.
Collected and submitted all the required documents on 17th Dec, 2015 before the 21st Dec deadline.
Now waiting for a response from NS. Probably have to wait for at-least another 2 months i.e., end-of-feb.

Hope the response turns out to be a nomination!
What seems to be happening right now is that NSOI might not be able to nominate candidates using the last year's quota. As CIC hasn't yet disclosed the 2016 immigration levels, probably due to the refugee crisis, we still have to wait a little bit. It seems, though, that they're still processing the candidates, but leaving the official nomination pending. Therefore, it wouldn't be a surprise if suddenly some 50 or even 100 applicants are nominated in a matter of 2 or 3 days, when the quotas come. The good news is that CIC has achieved the 10,000 refugees milestone yesterday. That should ease a little the public pressure due to Trudeau's unfulfilled promise of 25,000 refugees until the end of 2015, and give Minister McCallum some time to make the proper announcement on the immigration levels.

I only ask you both to kindly add your profiles to the spreadsheet, using the entry form link in my signature. Thanks in advance.

Ogoza said:
Hi Skywalker,

is there any update on NS nomination for May, 2015 AOR recipients???? thanks
Apart from NB27's and Bhuwanshrestha's pre-AORs, no news yet. As a matter of fact, the Whatsapp groups are all sharing the screenshots of their posts here in the forum. With great rejoice! Almost like when they ate Sir Robin's minstrel in Monty Python and The Holy Grail. ;D

As for the nominations, just read my answer above.

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
bhuwanshrestha said:
I have recently got pre-AOR email from NSOI asking to confirm for further processing, my app was received there on 3 June 2015.

However I am confused to see automated email reverted in my reply to NSOI stating "no any applications will be received since its halted for some time". I think this does't mean that my reply wont get entertained since that was automated reply.

Thanks to NSOI and hope positive reply with AOR after completeness check.

From,
Bhuwan Shrestha (on behalf of principal applicant: my spouse)

Hi bhuwanshrestha,

Usually we get automated reply from NSOI. Even I was doubtful like you when I first replied on my Pre-AOR email.

After that I received AOR email followed by additional document request.

Don't worry.

All the Best for further process.

adrscuds

Jun 22, 2014
Curitiba - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS - 19/10/15
Doc's Request.
28/11/2016
Nomination.....
02/12/2016
IELTS Request
S 7.5 | L 8 | R 8.5 | W 6.5
Just a little head's up. Some guys on one of the whatsapp groups started a extremely annoying thing, flooding the group with app sent dates and doc codes, over and over again. Tried to reason with them, explaining that this is why we already have the spread sheet, but stubbornness settled in and they won't stop.

Again, for those who administrate the groups: wouldn't it be better to create rules in order for one to join the groups? Like, having already applied, having entered the info on the spreadsheet, and so on?

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
PR application status for Medicals just changed from Review in Progress to Passed ! :)

Admins, please update SS.