+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasanul_murad said:
Thanks Skywalker,
I have some confusion while filling the form NS-100. Can you please help me out.

#######################################################################
Residence (Page#3)
---------------------
1. Where can I get the community and County details of Nova Scotia? I am interested to setttle in Halifax. Please Suggest.
2. From Jul-2009 to Sep-2012, I have travelled different countries to WORK and my continuous stay was less than 6 months every time as below:

Nigeria -->Jul-2009 till Nov-2009 (4 Months), Jan-2010 till Mar-2010 (3 Months), May-2010 till Jun-2010 (2 months)
Egypt --> Jun-2010 till Jul-2010 (1 month), Aug-2010 till Nov-2010 (3 months), Dec-2010 till Feb-2011 (2 months)
Afghanistan --> May-2011 till Aug-2011 (4 Months), Sep-2011 till Nov-2011 (2 months), Dec-2011 till Feb-2012 (3 months), some more travels with a stay of 2-3 months
UAE --> 2 travels with 1 week stay
Singapore --> Aug-2013 (5 Days), Sep-2015 (5 Days)
Srilanka --> Jun-2013 (3 Days)
India --> Aug-2015 (4 Days)

Should I need to mention all these travel histories? Do I need to take Police Clearance for those stay/travel in Nigeria/Egypt/Afghanistan?

Details of Family Member (Page#5)
------------------------------------
3. Family member includes spouse and children only?

Section E – Language (Page#8)
-------------------------------
4. Should I send the original Report (Proof of language test)? Or I can send a copy?

Section G - Education (Page#12)
----------------------------------
5. What is meant by Elementary/primary school? Please mention education year (1-8 or 1-10)?
6. What is meant by Secondary/high school? Please mention education year (9-10 or 11-12)?
7. What is meant by University/college? Is it Higher Secondary (11-12) or Undergraduate (13-16)?

Personal History (Page#14)
-----------------------------
8. Should I include all my work experience (10 Years) and Education history here? or only the history of last 5 years from current date?

Section I - Settlement (page#15)
-----------------------------------
9. Please advice what should be written in this section? Any limitation of number of words?

Section J – Financial Information (Page#16)
----------------------------------------------
10. What is meant by Unencumbered Funds Available for Settlement?
11. Can I show any Fixed (term) Deposit within Liquid Asset?

Supporting Documents
--------------------------
Page#20
12. Should I sent Original ECA reports to NSOI along with form? Or Keep it for CIC?
13. I have collected the employment letter which includes work history and job descriptions. I am confused with below documents:
- Supporting employment history and documents (Spouse, only if applicable for Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry)
- For Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry, documentation to show work experience match with NOC 2011
14. Can Anyone please share a template of Resume/CV?

Section L & M (Page#22,23)
----------------------------
15. Only Principal Applicant will put Initials? Spouse should put initial or not?

################################################################################

I will send my application by end of December. Looking forward to your help and advice here.

Regards,
Murad
There are not many caveats in filling the form. You can just follow the instructions both in it and in the application guide to the best match you're able.

1. Just put Halifax. If you're really interested in more information, you can start with the NSOI website, on the "Live Here" section.

2. You have to mention all of them, but I'm not sure about the criteria for needing police certificates. Maybe someone else who has gone through a similar situation might help.

3. Only them. In other words, only your spouse and dependents.

4. Copies only. The only originals you need to send are the NSOI application forms.

5, 6 and 7. I don't know what are the educational standards in your country. Some research on Google or Wikipedia might clarify on the equivalences between your country and Canada. In my case, I have put 8 years elementary (directly translated from Portuguese as "first degree", as it was called on my times), 3 years for high school (we called "second degree" back then) and 3 years for University/College (undergraduate would be the best equivalence). Your ECA report might give some hints also.

8. As it says in the form, from the last 5 years, as long as you were older than 18 already.

9. Write as much as you can regarding your plans for moving to NS. Try to mention how you will look for work, housing, etc. Use your own words, as you can't copy from anywhere else.

10, 11. Any funds you have available for immediate liquidation. Basically, what you can use as soon as you land in NS.

12. Only copies.

13. For your spouse, only if it was in NS. As for the experience match, you must show that the duties listed on your experience letters match to those listed on the NOC you have chosen. People who received AOR are being given a table to fill and make the correspondences.

14. That's plenty of material available online, and it is mostly career-specific. Look for resume templates on the North American format. As a matter of fact, that will come in handy when you'll be looking for a job in NS. For your NS application, however, you won't need a cover letter.

15. Principal, spouse and any dependents over 18 years. I've also got confused when I first filled the form, but then I noticed that you need to put all your initials in the left fields and your spouse's on the right fields, and not your first name's initial on the left and last name's on the right.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neerajkr80 said:
Hello Skywalker,

PLEASE HELP ON THE BELOW !!

Hope you are are doing well.

I am newbie here and I entered my details in the database.. I am the queue now.. Wink

I sent my NS application on 2nd December, which is received on 8th December. I have few queries as below:

Though have sent my NS Application with valid IELTS score but my IELTS is going to be expired in March. I read somewhere in the thread that the IELTS should be valid at the time of receiving the application at the NS Immigration Office. Also I understand I need to get ready with new IELTS before the previous gets expired.

My question is, in this scenario, will NS process my application or not? I mean, will they ask me the new IELTS results at the time of processing, since the processing time is 5-8 months based on the trend..

Also I seek help of an agent for Express Entry but for NS I did it myself, stating no help was outsourced for NS application. Will that be an issue?

Many thanks to shed some light on this..
1. Your application will be accepted, as the results were valid when you submitted your application. Eventually, they will ask you for a new test, that should at least have a score high enough to keep you with 67 points or more on the eligibility criteria. The test will be necessary to apply to CIC anyway.

2. NS and EE are different applications. Representatives are optional in both stages.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharonb said:
Please , could somebody assist with the following enquiry on Reference Letter from applicant that is no more working due to resignation like for a year ?

aadii

Ratings: +0

Re: NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

« Reply #5987 on: December 09, 2015, 11:44:25 am »
Reply with quoteQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone ,

My NOC is 2172 and my nominee officer replied the below for the additional documents that i have sent .

"I am not satisfied with your reference letter from Cognizant as it does not meet the criteria, as stated in the Nova Scotia Express Entry Guide. You have held multiple positions at Cognizant and the following is not apparent from the reference letter previously submitted.

Please resubmit a new reference letter that clearly explains the above. Only work experience to the date of application (April 24, 2015) will be considered.
Can anyone with the same NOC 2172 who already got their nomination send a sample to adiaditya501@gmail.com .

Kindly help me out its urgent !!!

Hello All ,

''Only work experience to the date of application (April 24, 2015) will be considered''.

Does this imply reference letter from organisation where one has resigned would not be accepted ? If that is the case , how can one handle thus issue ?
It means that your application is based on the day you have applied. It's as your application was "frozen" on the day you applied. All information must relate to that day.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laroiyaambuj said:
Hi everyone, received my nomination in mycic today...waiting for nomination letter email from nsnp..pls update the excel admins...:)

Ambuj
Updated. Please keep us informed on your nomination number as soon as you receive the email.

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
CIC should club 2171 and 2283 as most of the provinces are not accepting 2283 as NOC. They have almost same and confusing.
please find the main duties for 2171 and 2283.

2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants
Main duties
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
• Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document
requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement
information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy,
management, security and service delivery.
• Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and
technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency
plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
• Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures
throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality
of software products and information systems.
--------------------------------------
2283 Information systems testing technicians
Information systems testing technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
• Develop and document software testing plans
• Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing
• Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and
telecommunication systems tests
• Develop and implement software and information system testing policies, procedures and scripts
-----------------------------------------

kimica

Oct 24, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
Just to keep people updated, we have 2 nomination reports from WhatsApp group. With some exceptions, it seems all March applicants have been nominated already.

Additionally, some May applicants reported receiving pre-AORs. The last of them is from May 12th. There seems to be a significant reduction on the amount of candidates after March indeed!
Thanks for the update

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arahmed said:
Dears , I got AOR
Applied 28 april,
please update the sheet
Congratulations!

I can't find your name on the spreadsheet. You may need to make your entry on the form in my signature.

Neerajkr80

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Skywalker_RT said:
1. Your application will be accepted, as the results were valid when you submitted your application. Eventually, they will ask you for a new test, that should at least have a score high enough to keep you with 67 points or more on the eligibility criteria. The test will be necessary to apply to CIC anyway.

2. NS and EE are different applications. Representatives are optional in both stages.
Thank you so much Skywalker !!

Appreciate your prompt reply and advice !!!

Thanks,
Neeraj

chitra84

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16/07/2015
rgeorge2 said:
Congrats Chitra........... Please share your timelines...........
Thanks....check the SS...you can find my timeline over there
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSlrGd5WYHoElg75K9te3CXyuyw-1RudhWxIb4h2tdI/edit#gid=2121158689

chitra84

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16/07/2015
areise said:
congratulations and you are requested to not to leave this thread.
thank you
Thanks dear. I love to be always with this group.Sometimes couldn't manage time to look into it.

ahunj

Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2016