+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

vinay canada

Dec 7, 2015
SDKD said:
I think they had tracked the application as you said Adi may be due to that...but its sad to hear such a news.

SDKD
I hv applied for SINP 2 years bk my application got returned due to insufficient funds, but this can't b a reason as I hv informed NSOI at initial stage. And after that I got ADR .

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
vinay canada said:
Hi Friends,
I hv received refusal from NSOI stating that thy think my intention are not positive m planning to settle in Ontario or Saskatchewan.
I am not able to understand how thy can presume this thing as I HV not given any fact that m planning to settle in other province.
Seniors plz help can I send a mail or ask them to reconsider my case as I am Wheeling to settle in Novascotia wht further step I should take.plz revert

Regards
adigautam said:
Vinay,

Had they ask for the Settlement Plan explaining why NS and not ON or Saskatchewan?
SDKD said:
Hai Vinay,

Did you get any ADR mail?? Did u indicate anything like close relatives in other province??How they can refuse???

SDKD
adigautam said:
I was going through few last posts by Vinay and I noticed he had applied or in process of applying for SINP. I was once told by my consultant that Immigration Offices do track our applications submitted for other PNP programs. I can't certify how true her statement was but a blind guess, NSOI might have noticed Vinay applying for SINP.

Vinay can let us know if he had applied to OINP/SINP or has Relatives/Friends in ON or SK
SDKD said:
I think they had tracked the application as you said Adi may be due to that...but its sad to hear such a news.

SDKD
vinay canada said:
Yes and I hv submitted settlement plan and explained each n every aspect why I choose Novascotia. But thy have not asked why not Saskatchewan. My relatives are not there
adigautam said:
If you did not mention about ON or SK, how come in their response they particularly mentioned about both these provinces. So sad to know NSOI didn't consider your explanation.

@Seniors -- Any advise?
vinay canada said:
I hv applied for SINP 2 years bk my application got returned due to insufficient funds, but this can't b a reason as I hv informed NSOI at initial stage. And after that I got ADR .
@ ADI, Canada and US have a great immigration system you can not hide any such information if you have previously applied. That is the reason I always suggest not to hide the fact specially for US n Canada.

@Vinay, as you said you applied two year back in SINP n u get refused cause of insufficient funds. Which clearly means that your application n intention satisfied the province of Saskatchewan that you want to settle yourself in Saskatchewan but cause of insufficient fund you got denial.
Now I have some question-

1- Did you inform everything honestly when you submit your NSNP application
2- Did you have strong reason to justify why did you apply SINP two years back if you claim your true intention is Nova Scotia and also why dint you try to Nove Scotia previously?
3- I dont know what you inform n explain but i have seen some cases where applicant get refused from one province n apply for another province their agent give some reason like their intention was never to be stay in their province which create big doubt cause their document and application prove their true intention to settle but because of some reason they got denial n new province thinks that if this guy satisfy province but now he is saying he was not interested to live there which means what is the gaurantee that this time he is saying truth. hope u understand what i mean
4- Why they mentioned Ontario?????
5- Relative, Friends in another province no doubt create big question on your intention to Settle in Nova scotia n its quite normal if we put ourselves in their boots we will raise the same question, and I have no problem if they question like this if our intention is true we can justify n prove it strongly n they just want to see our efforts to prove ourselves how hard we are trying.
I personally face this situation by having professional and personal relation in other provinces and having no relation in Nova Scotia but sometimes it happens circumstances makes things more real then the reality n that time its hard to prove But Fact remains always fact so if intention is true does not matter if your real brother and sis and anyone in another province, you would figure out some how real facts to prove yourself.

NSOI make their decision by considering everything you provided and they go through each and every word, I would say they dont miss a single comma so its very hard to believe that they presume anything, But if it happens you can try writing them again and for sure they will re open if you have genuine reason and true intention

Let me know if I can help you anything but I would need everything in brief so that I can suggest something

regards
D

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
Dear D,
I think relatives in other provinces might not create any issue. Since I have relatives in Ontario and British Columbia but still I got nomnated. I told nova Scotia about them in my application. I also included their citizenship number and other info. They never asked anything about them after my application was received by them.

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
adigautam said:
I was going through few last posts by Vinay and I noticed he had applied or in process of applying for SINP. I was once told by my consultant that Immigration Offices do track our applications submitted for other PNP programs. I can't certify how true her statement was but a blind guess, NSOI might have noticed Vinay applying for SINP.

Vinay can let us know if he had applied to OINP/SINP or has Relatives/Friends in ON or SK
Yes probably Appling in other provinces might create a strong case for refusal. As relatives in other b provinces doesn't compel them to refuse the application. I also have relatives in other provinces and b I got nominated. I have communicated it to nova Scotia aswell

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Qamhus123 said:
Dear D,
I think relatives in other provinces might not create any issue. Since I have relatives in Ontario and British Columbia but still I got nomnated. I told nova Scotia about them in my application. I also included their citizenship number and other info. They never asked anything about them after my application was received by them.
Thats what I said if you read again my post that they may create doubt on intention but cant be reason for denial.

regards
D

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
drajpoot said:
Thats what I said if you read again my post that they may create doubt on intention but cant be reason for denial.

regards
D
Yes, I second you on that. I wonder why was his application rejected. I think it may be because of his previous application

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Qamhus123 said:
Yes probably Appling in other provinces might create a strong case for refusal. As relatives in other b provinces doesn't compel them to refuse the application. I also have relatives in other provinces and b I got nominated. I have communicated it to nova Scotia aswell
Applying to SKNP and then coming to NSNP raises a question -- 'Is the applicant looking for an entry pass and once in Canada he might move to SK or other province?" If NSOI doubts, they might refuse. I was going through many articles on how Nova Scotia is struggling with their ageing population and all the reports talks about settling immigrants. In 2016 they were able to settle 4853 newcomers as per their press releases and it is the highest since WWII. Nova Scotia is trying to allow those immigrants who are looking NS as their true home.

I will advise Vinay to try convincing NSOI on your efforts & plan of settling in NS. What have you done different after getting your application returned from SK and what motivates you to choose NS and no other province.

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
adigautam said:
Applying to SKNP and then coming to NSNP raises a question -- 'Is the applicant looking for an entry pass and once in Canada he might move to SK or other province?" If NSOI doubts, they might refuse. I was going through many articles on how Nova Scotia is struggling with their ageing population and all the reports talks about settling immigrants. In 2016 they were able to settle 4853 newcomers as per their press releases and it is the highest since WWII. Nova Scotia is trying to allow those immigrants who are looking NS as their true home.

I will advise Vinay to try convincing NSOI on your efforts & plan of settling in NS. What have you done different after getting your application returned from SK and what motivates you to choose NS and no other province.
Yes true, the point is how you present your case infront of the nomination officer and how do you elaborate your settlement plan and efforts you have made.

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
adigautam said:

You are right Adi,

I too came across an article from 'immigration.ca' about mobility rights for PRs coming thru PNP programs.

http://www.immigration.ca/mobility-rights-of-canadian-permanent-residents-under-provincial-immigration-programs/

Just have a look. It states the requirements clearly.

Note, once after POE (point of entry) and admission, you are free to move to another province, after getting PR status. Let's say you have applied to Nova Scotia PNP. But if they find you have shown interest like trying for jobs in another province, contacted settlement agencies or innocently mentioned in your application that you want to relocate etc., it means you are inviting trouble of getting a PR refusal. But once you get PR card you can relocate.

On the other hand, it's hard to show all supporting activities of settling in the province that nominated you, while at the same time, at the back of your mind, you're planning to move to some other province in Canada. It's quite impractical in my opinion.

Practicality is the winner! After you spend a few months and see the province doesn't cater your needs and you find another province worth giving a shot (based on your previous and current research at that time), you might relocate. Here it's the provincial governments's job to retain you by giving attractive perks not seen in other provinces. They have no right to say 'you have to stay because we nominated you'!

But before complete PR status, the ball is in their court! They sense anything that signals that your plan is to move to another province after POE, we are running a greater risk of refusal. Because the rule doesn't apply to us at that stage as PR entry visa with CoPR is not complete PR status by itself. And their case gets stronger as they can label us as seeking entry using misrepresentation.

These are trivial information but definitely worth knowing.

All the best everyone!

Luder

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
Luder said:
You are right Adi,

I too came across an article from 'immigration.ca' about mobility rights for PRs coming thru PNP programs.

immigration.ca/mobility-rights-of-canadian-permanent-residents-under-provincial-immigration-programs/

Just have a look. It states the requirements clearly.

Note, once after POE (point of entry) and admission, you are free to move to another province, after getting PR status. Let's say you have applied to Nova Scotia PNP. But if they find you have shown interest like trying for jobs in another province, contacted settlement agencies or innocently mentioned in your application that you want to relocate etc., it means you are inviting trouble of getting a PR refusal. But once you get PR card you can relocate.

On the other hand, it's hard to show all supporting activities of settling in the province that nominated you, while at the same time, at the back of your mind, you're planning to move to some other province in Canada. It's quite impractical in my opinion.

Practicality is the winner! After you spend a few months and see the province doesn't cater your needs and you find another province worth giving a shot (based on your previous and current research at that time), you might relocate. Here it's the provincial governments's job to retain you by giving attractive perks not seen in other provinces. They have no right to say 'you have to stay because we nominated you'!

But before complete PR status, the ball is in their court! They sense anything that signals that your plan is to move to another province after POE, we are running a greater risk of refusal. Because the rule doesn't apply to us at that stage as PR entry visa with CoPR is not complete PR status by itself. And their case gets stronger as they can label us as seeking entry using misrepresentation.

These are trivial information but definitely worth knowing.

All the best everyone!

Luder
Hey luder whats your application status? did you get your PPR and Visa?

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Qamhus123 said:
Hey luder whats your application status? did you get your PPR and Visa?
Hi Qamhus,

Yes man! I got the PR entry visa and CoPR. I'm working on finding a temporary job, house for rent, airline tickets etc.

Lately, we are seeing some of the members in this thread are facing difficulties in getting smooth nominations, I decided that I'll share about my PR when most (if not all!) members' applications are moving fine.

Anyways, it's my duty to share it here.

Thanks to all the members in this thread and the entire forum. It wouldn't have been possible without your help and support.

Well, I've got lots n lots of doubts with the next phase of the process, that is, landing, moving and initial settlement. Although I find masses of information on other threads, I feel I am sentimentally attached to this thread and still seek advice and support right from here. So, please do help.

Again, thanks to all of you!

I wish everyone good luck!

Cheers,

Luder

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear All,

Is there anyone working in Saudi Arabia and being asked to submit translated Iqama Copy (Resident Permit) . I need there guidance now . I want to know few things regarding that .

- Translation is enough or i have to visit Chamber of commerce or Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)

Any one living in middle east might help if they know anything regarding this issue .

Below is the response from CO.

Please submit a certified translation of your Resident Identity cards issued by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide states on page 17:
· When documents are not in English or in French, the principal applicant must submit a copy of the original document and a copy of the certified translation. The Office of Immigration will only accept translations prepared by certified translators. Translators must be certified by a regulatory body and cannot be a family member of the applicant or spouse, or common-law partner, or work for a paid consultant or representative who is preparing the application. The applicant must also supply proof from the translator describing their translation ability or certification.

Waiting for your feedback

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
mdzakir1 said:
Dear All,

Is there anyone working in Saudi Arabia and being asked to submit translated Iqama Copy (Resident Permit) . I need there guidance now . I want to know few things regarding that .

- Translation is enough or i have to visit Chamber of commerce or Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)

Any one living in middle east might help if they know anything regarding this issue .

Below is the response from CO.

Please submit a certified translation of your Resident Identity cards issued by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide states on page 17:
· When documents are not in English or in French, the principal applicant must submit a copy of the original document and a copy of the certified translation. The Office of Immigration will only accept translations prepared by certified translators. Translators must be certified by a regulatory body and cannot be a family member of the applicant or spouse, or common-law partner, or work for a paid consultant or representative who is preparing the application. The applicant must also supply proof from the translator describing their translation ability or certification.

Waiting for your feedback
Hi Zakir,

I live in the Middle East. But most documents/card in UAE are printed bilingually. But once I had to give a letter from my home country to UAE authorities that was written in my mother tongue. I simply translated using a legal translator and it was accepted and approved.

This information doesn't serve the purpose here, but it gives an idea I guess.

Since, the response from CO says they want the translation from KSA Govt, it is better to first ask them if they can issue translated or bilingual cards. If that provision is not available and you made it certain, then a translation from a legal translator would be sufficient in my opinion. Of course explain the CO that you've tried to get translated cards from KSA first before getting it translated legally. You can explain it in your reply mail when you send the attachments.

It's also a best idea to ask some legal translators about this before going to Chamber of commerce or MOFA. The reasons are obvious: the translators may be located very close to your house and they are easily accessible (you don't have to take appointments, for example if you go to MOFA etc). And, they may know about cases like this and guide you. Sometimes we'll surprised to see the process is very simple but we might've complicated and delayed it by going straight to Govt offices like MOFA and the like!!

All the best!

Luder

Bane

Mar 7, 2017
Serbia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!

I am planing to apply to the NSNP Demand Stream when it opens later in 2017, and I wonder do I have indicate in my Express Entry profile that I am interested ONLY in Nova Scotia, or I may indicate that I am interested in other provinces beside Nova Scotia. I am asking this because I am not sure if an immigration officer (based on this information from my Express Entry profile) may suspect that I want to use NSNP Demand Stream as 'a back door' to immigrate to Canada and then to move to some other province.

Thank you for your help and best of luck to everyone!

Bane

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Bane said:
Hello guys!

I am planing to apply to the NSNP Demand Stream when it opens later in 2017, and I wonder do I have indicate in my Express Entry profile that I am interested ONLY in Nova Scotia, or I may indicate that I am interested in other provinces beside Nova Scotia. I am asking this because I am not sure if an immigration officer (based on this information from my Express Entry profile) may suspect that I want to use NSNP Demand Stream as 'a back door' to immigrate to Canada and then to move to some other province.

Thank you for your help and best of luck to everyone!

Bane
in EE profile you show interest in all provinces, that does not jeopardize your intentions in any particular province. Once you got nominated from NS, and receive ITA, you will be asked to verify all submitted info and file in profile for permanent residence. And in that stage for question "where do u want to settle?" you bravely choose NS.