+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
128
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yesterday I sent an email to NSNP to inquire the processing time, but not like before, there is no automatic reply email. Is that normal? Last two times, there were always an automatic reply first. Has anyone here tried to contact them by email?
 

babysing

Newbie
Feb 19, 2015
2
0
hope1nca said:
yesterday I sent an email to NSNP to inquire the processing time, but not like before, there is no automatic reply email. Is that normal? Last two times, there were always an automatic reply first. Has anyone here tried to contact them by email?
I sent an email last week and did not receive an instant automatic reponse. Less than a week later they replied with the same message some users have already reported. In the email they confirmed that my application arrived in september and said that I have to wait 11 months or more until it reaches processing. So in conclusion, if you email them, they will reply to you with the same information I just wrote.
 

Hatem Abu Nusair

Full Member
Nov 21, 2015
24
1
Hello Everybody, I need your input on how much time does it take for the CRS score in the express entry profile to be updated after a change. I wrote my IELTS again and got a better score than the pervious one, I did update my express entry profile with the new score and the status changed from "submitted" to "updated". Yet, the score is still the same. does it take a day to change or something?

Your input is highly appreciable.
 

fahad04

Hero Member
Nov 22, 2014
906
42
Saskatchewan
Hatem Abu Nusair said:
Hello Everybody, I need your input on how much time does it take for the CRS score in the express entry profile to be updated after a change. I wrote my IELTS again and got a better score than the pervious one, I did update my express entry profile with the new score and the status changed from "submitted" to "updated". Yet, the score is still the same. does it take a day to change or something?

Your input is highly appreciable.
Just wait for a couple of minutes and you will get a mail.
 

Skywalker_RT

Hero Member
Sep 10, 2015
512
33
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC (former CIC) has released a new set of statistics regarding Express Entry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

The report refers to January 3rd and shows some interesting things, such as a slight reduction in the number of candidates between 400 and 449 points. This is probably due to a considerable part of these candidates having received provincial nominations or LMIAs. But the most interesting part is that their reposition rate seems to be well below than the candidates below 400 points.

Another interesting thing to notice is that they refer to PNs separately from FSW, FST and CEC. That seems another evidence that provincial nominations through EE are taken from the general PN quota, and not from the other economic programs. Therefore, NS is likely to have received the same 650 EE spots from last year, although we still need some official communication.

But here is the biggest surprise: NS was the third province to nominate the most EE candidates in Canada, lagging behind only BC and ON! Seems like we can't complain about their laziness anymore, as even SK nominated less people than NS. Honestly, there seems to be something very wrong with all those nominations SK have given during the last months of 2015, as they were just short of 500 nominations given, while NS slightly exceed their 650 quota. This implies that nomination numbers from NS Demand and NS Experience are in a separate sequence, as the last 2015 nomination reported here was 483.

I really don't know why they seem so slow in processing applications this year, but as our last source reported a nomination number in the 90-100 range, dating around March 10, that speed means we'll have around 500 NS Demand nominations in 2016. The most likely explanation is that our spreadsheet is very under-sampled for June candidates.

Another possibility would be that they are digitalizing all applications before proceeding with new pre-AORs. But that would make no sense, as it's pointless to waste time scanning papers from candidates who are not interested.

Some people have also pointed to the processing of the more than 1,000 refugees welcomed in NS. While they probably consume some human resources from NSOI, the most critical part of their processing is actually done by the federals. I don't see how this could be so much of a hurdle to the processing of other PN applications.

We also have to keep in mind that NS has other immigration streams, and most of them have priority over NS Demand. As they have cancelled two of them and also created two new ones recently, those might be giving them extra work to process.

It would certainly help if they at least released the approximate number of Demand applications in the backlog.
 

Hatem Abu Nusair

Full Member
Nov 21, 2015
24
1
fahad04 said:
Just wait for a couple of minutes and you will get a mail.
I did wait for more than 4 hours, and I logged out and logged in for more than 4 times. Yet, the score is the same.

If anyone went through the same problem and eventually was able to resolve it, please advise.
 

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
133
3
TEHRAN
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2131
App. Filed.......
03-Nov-2015
Nomination.....
06-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
27-Jan-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
ITA 11-Jan-2017
Med's Request
15-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
17-Feb-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Skywalker_RT said:
IRCC (former CIC) has released a new set of statistics regarding Express Entry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

The report refers to January 3rd and shows some interesting things, such as a slight reduction in the number of candidates between 400 and 449 points. This is probably due to a considerable part of these candidates having received provincial nominations or LMIAs. But the most interesting part is that their reposition rate seems to be well below than the candidates below 400 points.

Another interesting thing to notice is that they refer to PNs separately from FSW, FST and CEC. That seems another evidence that provincial nominations through EE are taken from the general PN quota, and not from the other economic programs. Therefore, NS is likely to have received the same 650 EE spots from last year, although we still need some official communication.

But here is the biggest surprise: NS was the third province to nominate the most EE candidates in Canada, lagging behind only BC and ON! Seems like we can't complain about their laziness anymore, as even SK nominated less people than NS. Honestly, there seems to be something very wrong with all those nominations SK have given during the last months of 2015, as they were just short of 500 nominations given, while NS slightly exceed their 650 quota. This implies that nomination numbers from NS Demand and NS Experience are in a separate sequence, as the last 2015 nomination reported here was 483.

I really don't know why they seem so slow in processing applications this year, but as our last source reported a nomination number in the 90-100 range, dating around March 10, that speed means we'll have around 500 NS Demand nominations in 2016. The most likely explanation is that our spreadsheet is very under-sampled for June candidates.

Another possibility would be that they are digitalizing all applications before proceeding with new pre-AORs. But that would make no sense, as it's pointless to waste time scanning papers from candidates who are not interested.

Some people have also pointed to the processing of the more than 1,000 refugees welcomed in NS. While they probably consume some human resources from NSOI, the most critical part of their processing is actually done by the federals. I don't see how this could be so much of a hurdle to the processing of other PN applications.

We also have to keep in mind that NS has other immigration streams, and most of them have priority over NS Demand. As they have cancelled two of them and also created two new ones recently, those might be giving them extra work to process.

It would certainly help if they at least released the approximate number of Demand applications in the backlog.
Thanks Skywalker_RT for your analysis.
 

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
171
25
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
Skywalker_RT said:
IRCC (former CIC) has released a new set of statistics regarding Express Entry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

The report refers to January 3rd and shows some interesting things, such as a slight reduction in the number of candidates between 400 and 449 points. This is probably due to a considerable part of these candidates having received provincial nominations or LMIAs. But the most interesting part is that their reposition rate seems to be well below than the candidates below 400 points.

Another interesting thing to notice is that they refer to PNs separately from FSW, FST and CEC. That seems another evidence that provincial nominations through EE are taken from the general PN quota, and not from the other economic programs. Therefore, NS is likely to have received the same 650 EE spots from last year, although we still need some official communication.

But here is the biggest surprise: NS was the third province to nominate the most EE candidates in Canada, lagging behind only BC and ON! Seems like we can't complain about their laziness anymore, as even SK nominated less people than NS. Honestly, there seems to be something very wrong with all those nominations SK have given during the last months of 2015, as they were just short of 500 nominations given, while NS slightly exceed their 650 quota. This implies that nomination numbers from NS Demand and NS Experience are in a separate sequence, as the last 2015 nomination reported here was 483.

I really don't know why they seem so slow in processing applications this year, but as our last source reported a nomination number in the 90-100 range, dating around March 10, that speed means we'll have around 500 NS Demand nominations in 2016. The most likely explanation is that our spreadsheet is very under-sampled for June candidates.

Another possibility would be that they are digitalizing all applications before proceeding with new pre-AORs. But that would make no sense, as it's pointless to waste time scanning papers from candidates who are not interested.

Some people have also pointed to the processing of the more than 1,000 refugees welcomed in NS. While they probably consume some human resources from NSOI, the most critical part of their processing is actually done by the federals. I don't see how this could be so much of a hurdle to the processing of other PN applications.

We also have to keep in mind that NS has other immigration streams, and most of them have priority over NS Demand. As they have cancelled two of them and also created two new ones recently, those might be giving them extra work to process.

It would certainly help if they at least released the approximate number of Demand applications in the backlog.
Thank you for the insights...Im wondering about these PNP numbers. This report says that the total PNP applicants(across provinces), were 3960 in the year 2015. And the plan for 2016 found in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-03-08.asp, says that the plan is 47,800 for the year 2016. So, does these mean that this year there will be 10 times more PNP nomination? Which will be a great news for us :)

Even considering that those 3960 applicants may have caused say 6000 to 7000 visas to be issued(including spouse and children), the numbers are quite less considering the plan for 2016...
 

dedu dedu

Full Member
Feb 21, 2015
26
0
Yesterday i received nomination from NS
i wanted to write if there is anybody waiting for any update

good luck to you all i hope all of you will get your nomination soon
 

Basmabooboo

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
92
1
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
1225
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
Nomination.....
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
1-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2016
Hatem Abu Nusair said:
I did wait for more than 4 hours, and I logged out and logged in for more than 4 times. Yet, the score is the same.

If anyone went through the same problem and eventually was able to resolve it, please advise.
open a technical case on the website I did that once before and they will update it for you.
 

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
128
30
30
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
3012
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
dedu dedu said:
Yesterday i received nomination from NS
i wanted to write if there is anybody waiting for any update

good luck to you all i hope all of you will get your nomination soon

When did they receive your application? What month? Thanks!
 

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
133
3
TEHRAN
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2131
App. Filed.......
03-Nov-2015
Nomination.....
06-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
27-Jan-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
ITA 11-Jan-2017
Med's Request
15-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
17-Feb-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
dedu dedu said:
Yesterday i received nomination from NS
i wanted to write if there is anybody waiting for any update

good luck to you all i hope all of you will get your nomination soon
Hi,
Congrates dedu dedu
 

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
171
7
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
dedu dedu said:
Yesterday i received nomination from NS
i wanted to write if there is anybody waiting for any update

good luck to you all i hope all of you will get your nomination soon
Hey congrates!

Please share your timelines and which category did you applied for?
 

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
133
3
TEHRAN
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2131
App. Filed.......
03-Nov-2015
Nomination.....
06-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
27-Jan-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
ITA 11-Jan-2017
Med's Request
15-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
17-Feb-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
cool_canada said:
Hey congrates!

Please share your timelines and which category did you applied for?
Hey buddy,
There is everything in the spreadsheet.