+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
hhhh said:
Congratulations!

May I have a question that is, in fact, i am curious about what the topics were, between you and the case officer's 23 emails.
Were they about the LoE or something else?

I wish can have your answer.

Congratulations again!

The first one was had quite a few settlement questions and all the others were about my job duties and responsibilities as well as requests for additional supporting documents. One of the companies I worked with had closed and I was having a difficult time getting a letter so we kept back and forthing about ways I could prove I worked with the company. My Husband is a frequent traveler so they had many questions about his travels as well.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
ENGLISH:

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family once you arrive in Canada. We determine how much money you need based on 50 percent of the low income cut-off (LICO) totals and these numbers are updated every year.

IRCC will be updating the proof of funds required for Express Entry candidates on February 27, 2016. You should check that you have reported having enough money to meet the increased standard, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. You can do so by updating the amount of money available to support yourself and your family in Canada in the “Personal Details” section in your Express Entry profile. This change is small but there is a possibility that it could affect your eligibility. If you do not report having enough money to meet the required minimum, you will be removed from the Express Entry pool. The minimum funds required can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
www.cic.gc.ca

Can anybody explain me about this email I got today morning in my email account by CIC

pg27

Jan 31, 2016
Thanks Ritawallu for sharing such information.

Earlier, it was $11800 something what I remember. Now, it has been revised to $12164. So, if you have entered $12000 or less than current required amount, then you must update it to $12164. Otherwise, you will become ineligible for Express Entry stream. They update fund requirement every year.

Best Regards.

sheoran87

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family once you arrive in Canada. We determine how much money you need based on 50 percent of the low income cut-off (LICO) totals and these numbers are updated every year.

IRCC will be updating the proof of funds required for Express Entry candidates on February 27, 2016. You should check that you have reported having enough money to meet the increased standard, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. You can do so by updating the amount of money available to support yourself and your family in Canada in the “Personal Details” section in your Express Entry profile. This change is small but there is a possibility that it could affect your eligibility. If you do not report having enough money to meet the required minimum, you will be removed from the Express Entry pool. The minimum funds required can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

www.cic.gc.ca

i have received the same mail as ritawallu,hence i updated it in personal history of my cic account as per their latest requirement.

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
sheoran87 said:

www.cic.gc.ca

i have received the same mail as ritawallu,hence i updated it in personal history of my cic account as per their latest requirement.
Hello sheoran87, have you got Pre-AOR yet?

Hatem Abu Nusair

Nov 21, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
Well, Minister McCallum disclosed the 2016's immigration plans. And they're bad for us. Despite the increase in immigration totals, from 285,000 to 300,000, the increase was only in refugees (+30,000 from 2015) and family programs (+12,000). Provincial streams remained the same, Quebec included. On the other hand FSW, FST and CEC got a reduction of 15,000 people. As they haven't detailed how the "high skilled economic" category will be split, we don't know which program will be most affected, but I'll bet on FSW/FST, as they usually score lower on EE than CEC. As there's still no word on where the provincial EE streams take their quota, we might either get the same 600 spots or so from the last year, or a drastic reduction, to around 400, in the case it comes from FSW/CEC.

Here's the link to the announcement: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1038729&tp=1
And the link to the levels: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-03-08.asp?_ga=1.11779378.7097929.1452160986
Thanks Skywalker, although these news are not entirely good, I believe that any one who applied before the 17th of Dec 2015 will have their applications processed against 2016 quota. This ,of course, doesn't guarantee a nomination as some applications will be refused for one reason or another. Moreover, I speculate that the ones who will get negatively effected would be those are still waiting for the 2016 application window to open as they will be waiting for a long time until the 2015 queue is processed and, eventually, will be left with a tight quota after processing 2015 queue.

Best of luck for all of us.

khayz2015

Oct 16, 2015
Hi there,

Below is the updated status on my CIC account
Application/Profile Status Open
Review of Eligibility Review in progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not started

18-Nov-15 Nomination
27-Nov-15 ITA - Draw 21
17-Dec-15 Medicals
13-Jan-16 Submitted Sched 4 Form
05-Feb-16 RPRF Payment Receipt

Please guide what’s the usual timeline from Medicals or RPRF to PPR? Anyone done with their medicals last December 2015 whose status already progressed?

Where do you also check on your CIC account the date Medicals status was changed to PASSED, as we are under a consultant and was not advised on the exact date of Medicals status to passed so we can track accordingly.

Thanks!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Congrats!:) :D :D :D

MASF said:
Guys:

Finally PPR :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Words cannot explain my relief and my joy. I am at work and I cannot stop smiling right now see my complete journey below.

EE profile- Jan 1, 2015
NSPNP Application- Feb 18, 2015
NSPNP AOR- Sep 8, 2015 (23 emails between me and nomination officer)
NSPNP Nomination- October 6, 2015
ITA- Oct 23, 2015
E-APR- Nov 10, 2015
AOR- Nov 10, 2015
Additional Request Schedule 4 and 4a - Nov 16, 2015
Schedule A for me- Nov 17, 2015
Schedule A for spouse- Nov 23, 2015
RFRF- Dec 1, 2015
Meds passed- Feb 29, 2016
PPR- March 7, 2016

Good luck to every one else on your journeys. I will still be on this forum to help where I can.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
pg27 said:
Thanks Ritawallu for sharing such information.

Earlier, it was $11800 something what I remember. Now, it has been revised to $12164. So, if you have entered $12000 or less than current required amount, then you must update it to $12164. Otherwise, you will become ineligible for Express Entry stream. They update fund requirement every year.

Best Regards.
Thanks for the information. I have just updated my personal history in CIC account.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hello colleagues,
This long wait is killing me you know. NSOI can't simply explain what's going on and what could possibly have stalled the process. There are lots of questions begging for answers. Is it that Syrian refugees took preeminence over EE Demand stream, or is it that they lay little premium over the stream or is it that streams like Family sponsorship, Enterprenuer class and so forth took precedence? Finally, could it be that we will soon see a barrage of July nominations straight through? This is really a difficult situation owing to the fact that NSOI wouldn't communicate you unless your file reaches processing. By our deduction, July files have reached processing. NSOI but why the incommunicado?

otf

Jun 17, 2015
I know how you feel. I'm also a July applicant and the wait is really crazy especially when we don't even know what's going on. It is so unfortunate. There is nothing else to do except wait.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
khayz2015 said:
Hi there,

Below is the updated status on my CIC account
Application/Profile Status Open
Review of Eligibility Review in progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not started

18-Nov-15 Nomination
27-Nov-15 ITA - Draw 21
17-Dec-15 Medicals
13-Jan-16 Submitted Sched 4 Form
05-Feb-16 RPRF Payment Receipt

Please guide what’s the usual timeline from Medicals or RPRF to PPR? Anyone done with their medicals last December 2015 whose status already progressed?

Where do you also check on your CIC account the date Medicals status was changed to PASSED, as we are under a consultant and was not advised on the exact date of Medicals status to passed so we can track accordingly.

Thanks!
Forsure there would be many people in same boat like you, May I know the submission date of your application/AOR date
If you submit your application in December, Please follow the link, May be you will get some idea...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t388644.0.html

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MASF,

Thank you so much for the detail information you explained.
So it's almost about settlement plan and job duties.

thanks again.

MASF said:

The first one was had quite a few settlement questions and all the others were about my job duties and responsibilities as well as requests for additional supporting documents. One of the companies I worked with had closed and I was having a difficult time getting a letter so we kept back and forthing about ways I could prove I worked with the company. My Husband is a frequent traveler so they had many questions about his travels as well.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Can anybody please help me with a query about Ontario pnp? How long do they take to give nomination? Is it the same like nova scotia i.e. 8-9 months or less than that?