+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARS100 said:
Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread since the January 2015. It's been very helpful and kept me positive about my application.

Thanks to all members who were very supportive.

Please include my details in the ss. I couldn't edit it.

Received AOR- 14 Dec. 2015
Application received at NS- 11 May 2015

Additional doc requested - 14 Dec
Additional Doc sent - 16 Dec

I also didn't get an automatic reply when I sent the additional docs. I was also a bit worried that they may not have received it. Thanks to #marvelmagnum for the reply to the query.
The SS can only be edited by authorized users. But you'll have to make your first entry on the "entry form" link in my signature.

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nova Scotia Introduces E-processing for Most Immigration Applications and Temporarily Halts New Applications for Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/nova-scotia-introduces-e-processing-for-most-immigration-applications-and-temporarily-halts-new-applications-for-nova-scotia-demand-express-entry-stream.html

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hey SKywalker. could you help me decide on " which state is better for IT Jobs.. Saaskwatchen or Nova Scotia ..pls help.. am unable to decide on which province to apply for pnp"

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
dabas b u said u are january 2016 applicant since ns has stopped taking new applicants so if they reopen in october so i guess u will now be october 2016 applicant

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Paulosky said:
dabas b u said u are january 2016 applicant since ns has stopped taking new applicants so if they reopen in october so i guess u will now be october 2016 applicant
If you have gone through the official notification released by Nova Scotia, they have halted applications till further notice. They have Also added that paper based applications will be accepted till June. Show it means they will release 2016 program in last of Jan or Feb.

It will be a bit like SINP where both it will be paper and online and after June it will be just online.

Also to add on, they have already started there other stream as online.So get ready for suprises in jan or feb

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Paulosky said:
Datas b, I don't think that u understand this statement going by your explanation. How can u b January 2016 applicant when we are still in 2015. So, I don't know if u can decipher the handwriting on the wall. I guess Paulosky wasn't the first to remind u of this. Seems someone has.

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
I couldn't locate your info on the spreadsheet. If you haven't registered, please use the entry form in my signature. After that, you can post here about updates.

Thanks Skywalker_RT. I have added my details in the SS.

PRdreamer

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
EAST COAST
Category........
Visa Office......
HALIFAX
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied as skilled worker for NSNP paper application on Dec 4 2015

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Hello,

When do you expect Nova Scotia will open again the on demand program?

Also, does Nova Scotia require 3 months statement prior to application submission as proof of funds?

Regards

Moh Mor

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
Dabas B said:
If you have gone through the official notification released by Nova Scotia, they have halted applications till further notice. They have Also added that paper based applications will be accepted till June. Show it means they will release 2016 program in last of Jan or Feb.

It will be a bit like SINP where both it will be paper and online and after June it will be just online.

Also to add on, they have already started there other stream as online.So get ready for suprises in jan or feb
Everyday some new ideas, but i can't understand how you conclude NS will release 2016 program in last of Jan or Feb?

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Hello,

Also, does Nova Scotia require 3 months statement prior to application submission as proof of funds?

Regards

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_mabrouk10 said:
Hello,

Regards
As for the 3 months, the application guide explicitly says that they require the statements or a letter with the balances/transactions from the last 3 months. If there are any requirements regarding detailed transactions or only balances, I believe people who have already been nominated may tell about their own experiences. But, judging by the very low rejection rate, I assume they're not so strict about that.

As for the next intake, no one knows for sure when NS will open the program again. I see some people saying June, but there's no information in the news release stating that. They're only saying that the stream will reopen "later in 2016". By later, it's not clear whether will be "late 2016", "early 2016" or "mid 2016". To make it clear, "later" is relating to something. In that case, we have not been given a reference, as NSOI officers themselves can't make any statements right now. That's why it's a vague "later". June itself is only when they will stop accepting paper applications. Currently, it's only related to the other immigration programs.

If anyone wants a wild guess, I would say March or April. I believe the "January or February" from Dabas are also guesses. We only have the spreadsheet to base our estimates. As they took about 11 months to process around 3/4 of the candidates registered there, it's a good guess to expect it will take another 3 months to process the remaining 1/4. But there are still so many variables, such as the next year's quota, how many officers NSOI is going to allocate to the current applications, how regular is the spreadsheet's sample rate, among many other things. Therefore, although I'm guessing March or April, it might be as well January, February, May, June, July, or even December!

Right now, all we can do is wait for NSOI to make another announcement. But I don't believe they'll say anything until CIC releases the 2016 immigration levels. And I don't expect any official numbers until at least half of the 25,000 refugees they have promised during the elections are landed on Canada.

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
i dont agree with u on the issue that half of the 25000 refugees must be settled b4 2016 levels are announced skywalker,economic migration is very important for the new govt,refugee migration is a different matter entirely

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paulosky said:
i dont agree with u on the issue that half of the 25000 refugees must be settled b4 2016 levels are announced skywalker,economic migration is very important for the new govt,refugee migration is a different matter entirely
Nevertheless, both have to be approved by the parliament.