+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
aremite said:
Dear All,

please, i wish to know if a student currently studying for a master degree at one of the canadian universities is eligible for federal skilled worker program under express entry?

Thanks all.
You are eligible if you've completed your Master course and if you have at least one year of work experience (Canadian or International).

So if you're still currently studying, then I don't think you are eligible.
Hope this helps

InShaA

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
begenerous said:
hi All,

I got AOR yesterday !! Kindly pls update this on the sheet. I don't have access to do it. !

Application submitted 6 Feb 2015
Application Received 6 FEB 2015
AOR Received 23 July 2015

Thanks all in this group for your contribution here, it cetrtainly helps a lot to be on track. !!
Congrats buddy.

Applicant78

Apr 25, 2015
hi all,
I have just been contacted by NSOI that
The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program's Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

The main sections that I have been asked to provide are as follows:

Section I – Settlement Our office is not satisfied that your genuine intention is to settle permanently in Nova Scotia. You have disclosed to our office that you have previously made application for permanent residence in Canada and identified Ontario as your intended destination. Provide any evidence you have to support your intention to settle permanently in Nova Scotia.

Selection Factor 3: Work Experience A table has been provided to assist you in demonstrating how you have performed the actions described in the lead statements and the main duties for your Unit Group occupation as set out in the occupational description of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011.

My questions are as follows:
1) is "intends to refuse" wording used in all NS Officers' emails asking for additional information?
2) Regarding section 1, what kind of evidence should I provide to be able to strongly support my intention to settle permanently in NS?
3) Regarding Selection Factor 3. Should I just match my job duties I have provided in the reference letters against the lead statements and the main duties for my Unit Group occupation of (NOC) 2011? Is this just for ease of the Officer's evaluation or the Officer asks for additional duties not listed in the reference letters provided to them?

Senior members, your help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Applicant78 said:
hi all,
I have just been contacted by NSOI that
The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program's Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

The main sections that I have been asked to provide are as follows:

Section I – Settlement Our office is not satisfied that your genuine intention is to settle permanently in Nova Scotia. You have disclosed to our office that you have previously made application for permanent residence in Canada and identified Ontario as your intended destination. Provide any evidence you have to support your intention to settle permanently in Nova Scotia.

Selection Factor 3: Work Experience A table has been provided to assist you in demonstrating how you have performed the actions described in the lead statements and the main duties for your Unit Group occupation as set out in the occupational description of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011.

My questions are as follows:
1) is "intends to refuse" wording used in all NS Officers' emails asking for additional information?
2) Regarding section 1, what kind of evidence should I provide to be able to strongly support my intention to settle permanently in NS?
3) Regarding Selection Factor 3. Should I just match my job duties I have provided in the reference letters against the lead statements and the main duties for my Unit Group occupation of (NOC) 2011? Is this just for ease of the Officer's evaluation or the Officer asks for additional duties not listed in the reference letters provided to them?

Senior members, your help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!
1. Its not for additional documentation request. Sorry buddy. Have you already applied for FSW? How do they know that you have applied for residing in Ontario?
There was one more post similar to it with sinp and cic applications together hence asking if you already applied to cic before/parallel 2 applications.
2. Possibly if you have relatives/friends/employer.
3. Yes, it should majorly match similarly (not needed to be exact) with those statements.

Applicant78

Apr 25, 2015
harirajmohan said:
1. Its not for additional documentation request. Sorry buddy. Have you already applied for FSW? How do they know that you have applied for residing in Ontario?
There was one more post similar to it with sinp and cic applications together hence asking if you already applied to cic before/parallel 2 applications.
2. Possibly if you have relatives/friends/employer.
3. Yes, it should majorly match similarly (not needed to be exact) with those statements.
Thanks for the reply, harirajmohan.
1) I applied to FSW in 2014, but did not meet the cap. I did not mention this in my NSNP application, but once I called NSOI to ask if I should have included that in my application. The lady asked of my personal details and told me that I may or may not send this information to NSOI, eventually I did not send. Is it possible that she fixed this info in my docs, or how else NSOI could know this if I did not send this info? Do you think this may be the reason for the "refusal intent" wording?
2) If I do not have any relatives/friends/employer in NS, can I, anyway, support my intention to permanently settle in NS? On the other hand, I have local Canadian accounting qualification and I wrote an email to the accountancy body of the process to transfer to NS province. Can this be a support?
3) So the Officer may not be asking for additional duties to be included in the reference letters, but rather to prepare a match with NOC 2011?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Applicant78 said:
Thanks for the reply, harirajmohan.
1) I applied to FSW in 2014, but did not meet the cap. I did not mention this in my NSNP application, but once I called NSOI to ask if I should have included that in my application. The lady asked of my personal details and told me that I may or may not send this information to NSOI, eventually I did not send. Is it possible that she fixed this info in my docs, or how else NSOI could know this if I did not send this info? Do you think this may be the reason for the "refusal intent" wording?
2) If I do not have any relatives/friends/employer in NS, can I, anyway, support my intention to permanently settle in NS? On the other hand, I have local Canadian accounting qualification and I wrote an email to the accountancy body of the process to transfer to NS province. Can this be a support?
3) So the Officer may not be asking for additional duties to be included in the reference letters, but rather to prepare a match with NOC 2011?
1. For this analysis, let us look at other case. In other case, she applied for fsw and later she applied for sinp and eventually applied for PR. So 2 applications and once sinp one progresses, the candidate received email from sinp asking if she would like to use her nomination to settle in sk or wanted to withdraw sinp nomination as the candidate is already applied (through fsw) to settle in ON. So i thought the province is being notified during the PR application stage only along with any other candidate's known intention (like candidate's other cic applications and its destinations). But i am not sure if the province can search on existing applications with cic. But i think the province wont have that ability yet as in this case she got through nomination after applying to fsw (but not sure if the nomination was before AOR or after AOR).
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sinp-2015-without-job-offer-lets-dream-here-t260578.0.html;msg4485828#msg4485828
2. I could work.
3. Yes you are right.

Novamove

Jun 16, 2015
Hi All,

I got nomination acceptance email. Please find my key dates below

Application submitted 20 Jan 2015
Application Received 28 Jan 2015
AOR Received 16 June 2015
Nomination Email for acceptance - 24 July 2015

Thanks all in this group for your contribution here, it certainly helps every applicant to have suggestions for their circumstances and idea on status of his/her application based on timings & results being shared here by seniors.

I have updated the spreadsheet with fuller details, line # 145. will keep on updating with whatever happens next. Thank you again for all your contribution, specially who are active daily and contributing daily.

Thank You.
NovaMove

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
Novamove said:
Hi All,

I got nomination acceptance email. Please find my key dates below

Application submitted 20 Jan 2015
Application Received 28 Jan 2015
AOR Received 16 June 2015
Nomination Email for acceptance - 24 July 2015

Thanks all in this group for your contribution here, it certainly helps every applicant to have suggestions for their circumstances and idea on status of his/her application based on timings & results being shared here by seniors.

I have updated the spreadsheet with fuller details, line # 145. will keep on updating with whatever happens next. Thank you again for all your contribution, specially who are active daily and contributing daily.

Thank You.
NovaMove
Congratulations and thank you for update,

could you share 3 last digits of your nomination number? its very helpful for other guys who wait to get AOR.
Thank you

macenfa

May 23, 2015
Hi friends,

Praise The Lord. I have just got the most awaited nomination. The message came through myCIC yesterday.

Please update the spreadsheet. My AOR was on 29 Jun. :):):):)

See you all in NS. God bless you!

Cheers

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
Congratulation to all who got AOR /nomination,

Please share 3 last digits of your nomination number as abx(for example 14x) if you can not share all last 3 digits. You can help guys here by sharing it. I appreciate your help :-*

Novamove

Jun 16, 2015
hope 2015 said:
Congratulations and thank you for update,

could you share 3 last digits of your nomination number? its very helpful for other guys who wait to get AOR.
Thank you
I haven't recieved the nomination letter yet, its only email at the moment. Email says letter will take 5 days for them to send nomination certificate, which possibly would contain nomination number as well.hope this helps.