+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
jagdeep84 said:
Hi All,

Just to update, I received another mail from NSOI requiring some more additional Information.

-Jags
Can you please tell us what information they asked you previously on 29/04/2015 and what they asked you again today on 13/05/2015

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hi everybody,

I have a question...is it necessary to submit birth certificates or any other document (e.g. 10th grade certificate) will work in place of birth certificates?

Thanks

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
pk7 said:
Hi everybody,

I have a question...is it necessary to submit birth certificates or any other document (e.g. 10th grade certificate) will work in place of birth certificates?

Thanks
For starters the application guide does say "Birth certificates identifying both parents For the principal applicant and dependants" should be included in the application. However I have heard of people on here submitting and had success with the CIC using an affidavit attested by a Judicial Magistrate. In different countries CIC may accept different documentations but it would be better for you in the long run to apply for a birth certificate. It's better to be safe than sorry, having submitting a complete application than to see them return your application.

PRdreamer

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
EAST COAST
Category........
Visa Office......
HALIFAX
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied skilled worker category on april 14 2015. no reply yet :(

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagdeep84 said:
Hi All,

Just to update, I received another mail from NSOI requiring some more additional Information.

-Jags
Hello Jagdeep

May we know, what are the additional information required?

Do you have to send the additional information documents by post/courier or can send just by an email with the scanned copies attached is sufficient?

Others, Please cast your thoughts on this query..

Thanks,
Paul

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
pk7 said:
Hi everybody,

Thanks
mapleback said:
For starters the application guide does say "Birth certificates identifying both parents For the principal applicant and dependants" should be included in the application. However I have heard of people on here submitting and had success with the CIC using an affidavit attested by a Judicial Magistrate. In different countries, CIC may accept different documentations but it would be better for you in the long run to apply for a birth certificate. It's better to be safe than sorry, having submitting a complete application than to see them return your application.
Absolutely right. I 100% agree with you. Always try to submit documents as per CIC guidelines. When you are really unable to get the require things only then go for another options. first try your level best to get require things.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
prempaulj said:
Hello Jagdeep

May we know, what are the additional information required?

Do you have to send the additional information documents by post/courier or can send just by an email with the scanned copies attached is sufficient?

Others, Please cast your thoughts on this query..

Thanks,
Paul
Hello Paul

As per Jagdeep previous post, he sent additional documents by post/courier as NSOI requested to send hard copies. so it depends upon the case officer either he request for soft copies or hard copies it always depend upon applicant's application which differs for each case.

kylecaspian

Mar 28, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
17-11-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Done....
07-12-2015
March 12 applicant..still waiting..kind of loosing hope as it seems there's lots of January applicants

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Member31 said:
Should we/Can we get PCC and Medical beforehand? I mean, before getting PNP? I am an inland applicant.

Member31, receiving PR through the NOVA SCOTIA DEMAND: EXPRESS ENTRY STREAM is a two-stage process. That said, I would not request PCC's or do medicals before receiving AOR from NSOI at least. Bare in mind that the expiration date of the medical will be your PR visa expiration date, and medicals are only valid for one year. Secondly, PCC's must be less than 3 months old at the time that you submit your application to CIC.

I would recommend for you to stagger the PCC's and Medicals. For some countries PCC's can take a while to process so research the average processing times for the countries that you're requesting yours from and as for the Medicals, do that closer to when you've received Nova Scotia nomination and in the pool with the 600+ points waiting for an ITA.

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
kylecaspian said:
March 12 applicant..still waiting..kind of loosing hope as it seems there's lots of January applicants
You've done your part already by applying; immigration takes patience. For what it's worth, NSOI have recently updated the application guide on May 12, 2015. Logic tells me that if the cap is already filled they would have closed the Stream instead of providing fresh updates to the Application guide for new applicants.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Member31 said:
Should we/Can we get PCC and Medical beforehand? I mean, before getting PNP? I am an inland applicant.
Well if you haven't even got a medical request from the Federal CIC, you can't do your medical. Doctors who are certified to do your medical will need to see your letter from CIC first.

So since you haven't even gotten your nomination, no need to do that yet. But as for your PCC, I'd say if you have to get ones from your home country and that may be a hassle, go ahead and begin the process. It won't hurt. You don't want to wait until the very moment they ask it from you. I had my PCC from my country available way way before I got nomination. Don't worry about getting PCC from Canada (since you mentioned you are inland applicant), it should be very fast.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
drajpoot said:
Absolutely right. I 100% agree with you. Always try to submit documents as per CIC guidelines. When you are really unable to get the require things only then go for another options. first try your level best to get require things.
Also note that CIC folks don't think much. So they'll take things as it is. There's hardly anything in between. They are like robots. Heartless.

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleback said:
Member31, receiving PR through the NOVA SCOTIA DEMAND: EXPRESS ENTRY STREAM is a two-stage process. That said, I would not request PCC's or do medicals before receiving AOR from NSOI at least. Bare in mind that the expiration date of the medical will be your PR visa expiration date, and medicals are only valid for one year. Secondly, PCC's must be less than 3 months old at the time that you submit your application to CIC.

I would recommend for you to stagger the PCC's and Medicals. For some countries PCC's can take a while to process so research the average processing times for the countries that you're requesting yours from and as for the Medicals, do that closer to when you've received Nova Scotia nomination and in the pool with the 600+ points waiting for an ITA.

Dear Mapleback,

One small correction PCC is now valid for 6 months.. It was updated on 23rd April 2015..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drajpoot said:
Hello Paul

As per Jagdeep previous post, he sent additional documents by post/courier as NSOI requested to send hard copies. so it depends upon the case officer either he request for soft copies or hard copies it always depend upon applicant's application which differs for each case.
Thanks Drajpoot..

Any idea about additional documents required by NSNP wrt Jagdeep..