+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA PNP Journey

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
That’s high enough to get an ITA upfront. Are you still aiming for an NSNP?
With current trends and the CRS cut-off rising ... I’m just on the borderline. It would make sense to be prepared, especially when NSNP processing is quick and efficient.

2019DUBAI

Jan 8, 2020
With current trends and the CRS cut-off rising ... I’m just on the borderline. It would make sense to be prepared, especially when NSNP processing is quick and efficient.
I Suggest you to watch out for the upcoming draw or two at least as 470 is a very good score.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
The quicker route will be getting the LOI from them as their EOI stream seems to be a hit or miss. Just indicate in your profile that you’re interested in Nova Scotia so that if they run a draw for candidates with your NOC and level of experience, you will be able to get the Letter of Interest from them. As you haven’t been to Canada and have no ties to NS, just prepare yourself in case they tell you that they’re not fully convinced you’re seriously considering Nova Scotia (apart from for their quick processing).

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
The quicker route will be getting the LOI from them as their EOI stream seems to be a hit or miss. Just indicate in your profile that you’re interested in Nova Scotia so that if they run a draw for candidates with your NOC and level of experience, you will be able to get the Letter of Interest from them. As you haven’t been to Canada and have no ties to NS, just prepare yourself in case they tell you that they’re not fully convinced you’re seriously considering Nova Scotia (apart from for their quick processing).
I have selected ‘Any / All provinces, Shall I change that to NS only ?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
I have selected ‘Any / All provinces, Shall I change that to NS only ?
No. That should be fine.

Mind you, NSOI sometimes puts a cap to the max scores of candidates they send LOIs to. At least that’s been our experience. With you at 470, I can imagine you’re closer to getting an ITA than getting a nomination. This is because practically speaking, the 600-point extra helps out candidates with lower scores but have the right experience to still contribute to the local economy. That or they have CLB cut off scores much like the recent draws.

Have a look here: https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/labour-market-priorities/

Reactions: zee90999

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Yee...Got my ITA on 22nd January'20.

I would like to know:
1. Can I update my reference letter now?
2. What the medical exam does? And what needs to upload for medical exam?
3. My EE profile still shows it will expire on 29 march'2020. How can I have the active profile while i go through the whole PR process?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Co
Yee...Got my ITA on 22nd January'20.

I would like to know:
1. Can I update my reference letter now?
2. What the medical exam does? And what needs to upload for medical exam?
3. My EE profile still shows it will expire on 29 march'2020. How can I have the active profile while i go through the whole PR process?
Make sure you submit all the requirements for your application before 29 Mar ‘20 to avoid your profile expiring.

The medical exam site you choose for your exam should have a website that details the tests to be done for you to comply with IRCC screening requirements. I believe we just had to submit the reference number for our file. But to be safe, upload a copy of the paper you get from the clinic after your exam.

Unless you’re making material changes to your reference letter, updating that may not be necessary. Nevertheless just mind your 60 days and profile expiry. TBH if you’ve submitted the docs to NSOI for your NSNP, submitting requirements to accept your ITA should be a breeze.

Reactions: shahid2909

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Co

Make sure you submit all the requirements for your application before 29 Mar ‘20 to avoid your profile expiring.

The medical exam site you choose for your exam should have a website that details the tests to be done for you to comply with IRCC screening requirements. I believe we just had to submit the reference number for our file. But to be safe, upload a copy of the paper you get from the clinic after your exam.

Unless you’re making material changes to your reference letter, updating that may not be necessary. Nevertheless just mind your 60 days and profile expiry. TBH if you’ve submitted the docs to NSOI for your NSNP, submitting requirements to accept your ITA should be a breeze.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Could you please enlighten me on the following?

1. I have shown 3 work experiences, among which I have taken 2 references from senior colleagues, and not from direct supervisors. Should i write it in LOE?

2. In the 3rd workstation where i took reference from direct supervisor, I possessed 3 positions there but showed only a position for 3 yrs 7 months. Will it cause any problem if i convince my supervisor to tell this single position for the period?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Could you please enlighten me on the following?

1. I have shown 3 work experiences, among which I have taken 2 references from senior colleagues, and not from direct supervisors. Should i write it in LOE?

2. In the 3rd workstation where i took reference from direct supervisor, I possessed 3 positions there but showed only a position for 3 yrs 7 months. Will it cause any problem if i convince my supervisor to tell this single position for the period?
Above all, what matters is your reference letters can help you prove that you have the required experience to match your NOC. If there’s a valid or compelling reason why senior colleagues and not direct supervisors provided you these letters, note than in your LOE. What I did in my application was include an LOE for each submission I felt may be questioned.

Do also note that submitting your information post-ITA will have a “Personal History” section. If the positions you did not include a reference letter for comprise the activities you have been involved in in the past 10 years, you might be expected to add that in the said section at the very least.

Reactions: shahid2909

LoCR

Jan 13, 2020
Hey,

Currently it is 461 after so many re-attempts at IELTS. I don't when this long wait of getting nomination & then ITA & then the PPR will get over.

BTW belated Happy birthday @LoCR
Yes, the whole process is agonizingly longg.. am also waiting/hoping for this to get over soon.
Thanks for the wishes.