+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nov 2021 Applications pls share timelines

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Hello all,

My mother had applied for Canada visitor visa through new IRCC portal and she got Passport Request Letter to put visa in her passport. The letter says "Your Passport must be received within 30 days from the date of this letter (24-April-2022). Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application."

My question is that since my mother is travelling, she won't be able to submit her passport within the 30 days time period. Is there any way to contact IRCC to extend this window, meaning, can she request IRCC to allow her to submit her passport after the specified 30 day window? If that is possible, how can she place a request (email/web form, etc.)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: 2cookies

meet311

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hello all,

My mother had applied for Canada visitor visa through new IRCC portal and she got Passport Request Letter to put visa in her passport. The letter says "Your Passport must be received within 30 days from the date of this letter (24-April-2022). Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application."

My question is that since my mother is travelling, she won't be able to submit her passport within the 30 days time period. Is there any way to contact IRCC to extend this window, meaning, can she request IRCC to allow her to submit her passport after the specified 30 day window? If that is possible, how can she place a request (email/web form, etc.)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
You can send an email to VFS and check with them “PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com
if there is an extension.Hope this helps.

Briva912

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
As usual no responses to Web forms even though we are way past the processing timelines. The complaints page asks for UCI info.. Tbh who is going to risk raising a complaint until we get decision. Even my MP was just given status as they are working on the application with criminality checks ongoing .. Nothing more.
Did you meet MP in person or emailed him ?