+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nov 2021 Applications pls share timelines

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014
@canadian321 @Kumar.22, in another thread (on super-visa for Nov 2021 applicants), I read that some people are sending new application. One of them even sent thrice....sent a new application in March 2022 and got the visa.

Your thoughts on it?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
@canadian321 @Kumar.22, in another thread (on super-visa for Nov 2021 applicants), I read that some people are sending new application. One of them even sent thrice....sent a new application in March 2022 and got the visa.

Your thoughts on it?
for reapplying will have to gather all updated documents, n also what if we r made to wait again! there is no guarantee that new application will be processed quickly…again at some point i am thinking of reapplying as well

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022

Your thoughts on it?
Not sure. I think they applied initially during 2020 and few prior September 2021.
What if after reapplying they reset the processing time counter to 0 and again if we have to wait for 99days.
Its individual decision to reapply and take that risk.
It will be good if IRCC can be more transparent and inform applicants in their portal on which month, which mode(gckey/new portal), which countries applications are being processed this week and will be processed in the next week.
So that people will be informed and little stress free with some information and plan accordingly.
Now everything is unknown, can't even plan anything and people are so stressed waiting for some updates so eagerly.

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Not sure. I think they applied initially during 2020 and few prior September 2021.
What if after reapplying they reset the processing time counter to 0 and again if we have to wait for 99days.
Its individual decision to reapply and take that risk.
It will be good if IRCC can be more transparent and inform applicants in their portal on which month, which mode(gckey/new portal), which countries applications are being processed this week and will be processed in the next week.
So that people will be informed and little stress free with some information and plan accordingly.
Now everything is unknown, can't even plan anything and people are so stressed waiting for some updates so eagerly.
99 days? From where did you get that number? And 99 days from the date they received the application or the date they received the Biometrics ?

Last edited:

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Dear Experts,
I applied for a visitor visa for my Father (from India, age 65) and I had paid $185. (for renewal of visa, but he has never travelled)
He has now got 2 letters.

IMM5740 - "We require your passport to finalize processing your application."
IMM5825 - "validity of your biometric information. Thank you for providing your biometric information. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until 2029/04/04"

He didn't go to Visa office for his biometric yet, hence we are not sure how his biometric is valid.

Q. Will he still need to go to visa office for his biometric? or shall I simply apply for passport pickup.
11 Mar 2022: Biometric validity letter

Last edited:
Reactions: James Russo

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Dear Experts,
I applied for a visitor visa for my Father (from india, age 65) and I had paid $185.

IMM5825 - "validity of your biometric information. Thank you for providing your biometric information. The purpose of this letter is to notify

He didn't go to Visa office for his biometric yet, hence we are not sure how his biometric is valid.

Q. Will he still need to go to visa office for his biometric? or shall I simply apply for passport pickup.
Is this a renewal of visa? Has he ever done biometrics before for any application?

Please post your timeline as well

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
My mother submitted her Canada visitor visa application through new IRCC Portal on 26-Nov-2021 and gave her biometrics on 22-Dec-2021. After that, there has been NO update whatsoever. It's going to be 4 months now. Submitted the webform too but didn't get any proper reply.

The concern is that even the very first step ("We have started reviewing your eligibility" status) has not yet started.

Any inputs/comments would be appreciated.
My application is also Nov 26. Still waiting

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Is this a renewal of visa? Has he ever done biometrics before for any application?

Please post your timeline as well
hi,
Yes, this was for renewal.
When we applied for the first time also (long time ago), his biometric was not done.

Timeline:
2 Mar 2022: Date submitted: 2 Mar 2022
11 Mar 2022: Original passport request letter

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
hi,
Yes, this was for renewal.
When we applied for the first time also (long time ago), his biometric was not done.

Timeline:
2 Mar 2022: Date submitted: 2 Mar 2022
11 Mar 2022: Original passport request letter
Did he go through any application process on 2019 April?

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,
I applied for a visitor visa for my Father (from India, age 65) and I had paid $185. (for renewal of visa, but he has never travelled)

Of course IRCC has his biometric. Otherwise, they would not process his visa. Congrats for the final decision.

Reactions: ANISH K

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am confused what to put under funds, is it my financial documents, and my parents financial douments in 'Other Document' folder?
I have not shown that I am resposinble for their trip.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am confused what to put under funds, is it my financial documents, and my parents financial douments in 'Other Document' folder?
I have not shown that I am resposinble for their trip.
when i applied for my parents, i’ve also told they will be bearing all their expenses, but we have still added both of our bank statements and their’s (made to a single pdf file)… did the same for my in law’s application and that we got ppr already

no harm in adding any additional supporting documents, but for visitor visa make sure you are uploading your parents funds proof