+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notification of US L1 rejection?

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Friends,

I have a quick question, my AOR was on 12-Jan-2017 and I am FSW-PNP-Outland Candidate (details below).

I have a valid US B1 Visa however my application for an US L1 Visa (via my company) was rejected on 22-Feb-2017. Is this something that I should notify IRCC or that I should be concerned about since my BG seems to be NA still and could be in progress?

Though the grounds for the L1 Visa rejection wasn't clear, its likely due to the assumption by the US Consulate officer that my work-skills do not match the details stated in the L1 Petition.

Please advise.

Category > PNP- Outland - FSW
AOR > Jan 12
Medical Passed > 14 Feb
BG NN to NA > 7 MAR

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Was your B1 visa issued before or after L1? If you have L1, the B1 gets canceled as you cant have a visit visa and a work visa at the same time. You can be denied entry at the border. USA does not inform you that your earlier visa negates your new visa.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Was your B1 visa issued before or after L1? If you have L1, the B1 gets canceled as you cant have a visit visa and a work visa at the same time. You can be denied entry at the border. USA does not inform you that your earlier visa negates your new visa.
This is not correct. B1 is not cancelled when you get L1
I have B1 from 6 years and got 3 L1s including extensions since past 6 years
No one ever cancelled my B1

Now on original question , L1 rejection won't affect your application
My friend had similar case with US visa rejection but didn't had any affect on his Ppr

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you to both of you!

My understanding too is that L1 (if had been approved) and B1 would exist at the same time. Yes my original question was on the affects on the PPR approval, feel a lot better to hear this.

ibimmer

Jun 8, 2017
@akprasad1 can you please update us here? I also forgot to mention an L1B petition rejection in 2012/2013 I think and my application is stuck in IP2 now.

nick_kd07

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Friends,

I have a quick question, my AOR was on 12-Jan-2017 and I am FSW-PNP-Outland Candidate (details below).

I have a valid US B1 Visa however my application for an US L1 Visa (via my company) was rejected on 22-Feb-2017. Is this something that I should notify IRCC or that I should be concerned about since my BG seems to be NA still and could be in progress?

Though the grounds for the L1 Visa rejection wasn't clear, its likely due to the assumption by the US Consulate officer that my work-skills do not match the details stated in the L1 Petition.

Please advise.

Category > PNP- Outland - FSW
AOR > Jan 12
Medical Passed > 14 Feb
BG NN to NA > 7 MAR

Hi AkPrasad,

How did you mention the L1B rejection in your form. I am in similar situation. My wife has L1b rejection thrice and I have 1 L1b rejection.

prabhurk

Nov 10, 2017
@akprasad1 can you please update us here? I also forgot to mention an L1B petition rejection in 2012/2013 I think and my application is stuck in IP2 now.
Hi ibimmer,
Hope you received PPR by now, did you happen to inform IRCC on the L1 rejection during the process, can you please let us know how did your processing go through? I'm also in the same situation.

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Hey, I’m in a similar situation. Forgot to mention my L1 rejection.
Can you plz let me know if you had any questions/concerns from IRCC about your L1 rejection, did it affect your application in anyway?
I hope you have already received ypur PR by now.

pkumar47

Apr 30, 2018
Hey, I’m in a similar situation. Forgot to mention my L1 rejection.
Can you plz let me know if you had any questions/concerns from IRCC about your L1 rejection, did it affect your application in anyway?
I hope you have already received ypur PR by now.
Hi ,

Did you get any answer for this query ? Should a L1B rejection be declared in application ? Did it impact the PR process

pkumar47

Apr 30, 2018
Hi ,

Did you get any update on this request ? I am in a similar situation. Should I declare a L1 rejection in my application ?

prabhurk

Nov 10, 2017
I raised a CSE(Web form) 1.5 months after my AOR, post that there was no question and already got my PR. If you are yet to submit your application then declare it before hand else raise a CSE just for your peace of mind, as such it doesn’t impact your application on either case.
Good luck folks !!!