+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"?

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys

l applied citizenship last year this time. When l was in the usa for school l received Residence questionnaire. l sent them back RQ and 2 days ago i received Citizenship teste date for next week. Now l wonder what is the next step after exam? will l see citizenship judge?

Ozan

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
ozland said:
Hey Guys

l applied citizenship last year this time. When l was in the usa for school l received Residence questionnaire. l sent them back RQ and 2 days ago i received Citizenship teste date for next week. Now l wonder what is the next step after exam? will l see citizenship judge?

Ozan
Hi Ozland, Welcome to the forum and long line of Citizenship. After giving the test you will have an interview with an officer. He/she will check all your doc's requested in the invitation letter. If you pass your exam and clear( no one knows if cleared or not, they don't say that) the interview your next step is to wait for oath ceremony.

Which is your local office? Where is the test?

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esteem said:
Hi Ozland, Welcome to the forum and long line of Citizenship. After giving the test you will have an interview with an officer. He/she will check all your doc's requested in the invitation letter. If you pass your exam and clear( no one knows if cleared or not, they don't say that) the interview your next step is to wait for oath ceremony.

Which is your local office? Where is the test?
Hey Esteem

My local office is Scarborough . l didn't receive any Notice to prepar for exam. They just sent me letter for C. exam . l have only 10 days to study . l hope i can pass the exam. l am so nervous :) Also l just sent my RQ 2 months ago. l wonder why my case is faster now :S

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
ozland said:
Hey Esteem

My local office is Scarborough . l didn't receive any Notice to prepare for exam. They just sent me letter for C. exam . l have only 10 days to study . l hope i can pass the exam. l am so nervous :) Also l just sent my RQ 2 months ago. l wonder why my case is faster now :S
Hi Ozland, Don't worry you can do it. Its very easy. There are some online practice tests like Apna Toronto and v-souldotcom. Practice all those questions. If you can score more than 95% you are good. You can finish the test within 5 to 10 min. Reach the test center atleast 15 min before, relax, take your time to settle down. Scarborough and Mississauga are very fast these days. Share your experience after the exam. Good luck

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
ozland said:
Hey Esteem

My local office is Scarborough . l didn't receive any Notice to prepar for exam. They just sent me letter for C. exam . l have only 10 days to study . l hope i can pass the exam. l am so nervous :) Also l just sent my RQ 2 months ago. l wonder why my case is faster now :S
Its too late bud...10days is definitely not enough in order for u to pass the exam with 75% and above.You knew from the get go that you had an exam to study for...no need to remind an adult fellow like yourself that! Tough luck bud..i will be rejoicing soon and waving my certificate whilst. you wait to be told to study for your next exam and obviously a year long wait for an appointment with a judge! Thats life.

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esteem said:
Hi Ozland, Don't worry you can do it. Its very easy. There are some online practice tests like Apna Toronto and v-souldotcom. Practice all those questions. If you can score more than 95% you are good. You can finish the test within 5 to 10 min. Reach the test center atleast 15 min before, relax, take your time to settle down. Scarborough and Mississauga are very fast these days. Share your experience after the exam. Good luck
Thank you very much Esteem. l will share my experience after exam.

ozan

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening everyone!
Has anyone who applied this 2014 year got already a "Notice to Prepare for your Citizenship Exam"??

Our family application is in process since April 16th, I just wonder how long it is going to take CIC to schedule the citizenship exam for us.
Thanks!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozland said:
Thank you very much Esteem. l will share my experience after exam.
ozan
Ozan, there is nothing to worry about, 16 out of 20 is a pass mark, so just read the book 5-6 times and try to memorize all significant facts from there and you will do fine.

Good luck on your test!

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
Ozan, there is nothing to worry about, 16 out of 20 is a pass mark, so just read the book 5-6 times and try to memorize all significant facts from there and you will do fine.

Good luck on your test!
Thank you very much.

l have another question. l collected lots of documents for my RQ but l didn't add (records from CBSA) Some people were asked for CSBA records by CIC. Also it takes around 8 weeks to get this records from CBSA. Just in case should l request CBSA records? l don't get it what is difference between RQ and CBSA records.

Ozan

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
ozland said:
Thank you very much.

l have another question. l collected lots of documents for my RQ but l didn't add (records from CBSA) Some people were asked for CSBA records by CIC. Also it takes around 8 weeks to get this records from CBSA. Just in case should l request CBSA records? l don't get it what is difference between RQ and CBSA records.

Ozan
Hi Ozland, If CIC asks you CBSA (or CBP USA) its your responsibility to provide a copy to CIC. If not, you can get it for you personal record, cross check with your travel dates.

RQ is Residential questionnaire where you mention all about your residential info, personal info etc,. for more info check this link.
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/about-2/rq-faq/

CBSA record is your entry and exit history from Canada. It records all your movement in and out from the Country.

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your answer Esteem. l have around 5-6 USA trip without stamp on my passport. l hope CDSA report no needed